It's Katie Couric!

What upsets you more - that Couric lied in her "documentary", or that she was caught?
Neither. What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side. It deeply troubles me that so many Americans seem proud as peacocks of the gun mania and deaths associated with it in this country. I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this. It will probably be the same old same old.

Are you aware, or does it matter to you that many Western European countries with the laws you drool for have far higher rates of violent crime than does the USA? Even Great Britain and Austrailia where they followed your foolish advice and confiscated "all" guns of law abiding citizens.
Check with 2AGuy on those stats. I believe they have LESS gun deaths than we do.

You didn't pay attention to what he posted....he said they have higher rates of violent crime...and they do.....their criminals just don't commit murder. Britain has 2x the violent crime...that means rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies...their criminals just don't cross the line into murder. But they do that to when they want to.........as Larry Correia pointed out after Sandy Hook....Britain traded the possibility of already extremely rare mass shootings, for the every day brutalization of British citizens......

And keep in mind....Britain and Australis didn't have mass shootings very often....in fact they were rare, when they confiscated their guns...which they first registered decades before they confiscated them.

I think the crime one most wants to be low is homicide.

No, that's the problem, you don't think.

You believe that if we further restrict the ownership by law-abiding private citizens, homicide rates will plunge.

Please share with us the cities which have the MOST STRICT GUN CONTROL LAWS alongside their murder rates. Think you can do that for us?

UK%20and%20Guns_zpsujoqh1f6.png

Neither. What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side. It deeply troubles me that so many Americans seem proud as peacocks of the gun mania and deaths associated with it in this country. I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this. It will probably be the same old same old.

Are you aware, or does it matter to you that many Western European countries with the laws you drool for have far higher rates of violent crime than does the USA? Even Great Britain and Austrailia where they followed your foolish advice and confiscated "all" guns of law abiding citizens.
Check with 2AGuy on those stats. I believe they have LESS gun deaths than we do.

You didn't pay attention to what he posted....he said they have higher rates of violent crime...and they do.....their criminals just don't commit murder. Britain has 2x the violent crime...that means rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies...their criminals just don't cross the line into murder. But they do that to when they want to.........as Larry Correia pointed out after Sandy Hook....Britain traded the possibility of already extremely rare mass shootings, for the every day brutalization of British citizens......

And keep in mind....Britain and Australis didn't have mass shootings very often....in fact they were rare, when they confiscated their guns...which they first registered decades before they confiscated them.

I think the crime one most wants to be low is homicide.

No, that's the problem, you don't think.

You believe that if we further restrict the ownership by law-abiding private citizens, homicide rates will plunge.

Please share with us the cities which have the MOST STRICT GUN CONTROL LAWS alongside their murder rates. Think you can do that for us?

UK%20and%20Guns_zpsujoqh1f6.png

No I don't actually.

And do you understand...in your little pea brain......than since the 1990s, more and more Americans now own and carry guns for self defense........357,000,000 million guns in private hands......and 13,000,000 million Americans now carrying guns for self defense.....and our gun murder rate went down, not up.....our violent crime rate went down, not up....

Can you understand that fact...at all?

Everytown lies.......the truth, the facts, the statistics all show that they are wrong and so they lie.....they have lied to you.....

No because it is YOU who are twisting the numbers.

Gun ownership is going DOWN, not up. Fewer and fewer people are buying guns, but the average number of guns owned has steadily increased as those who own guns, are buying more and more of them. The average gun owner now owns 8 guns.

A minority of Americans own guns, but just how many is unclear

In 1970 around 50% of American households owned a gun. By 2010, that percentage had shrunk to 39%.

If there is a gun in your house, it is 9 times more likely that you, or a member of your family will be injured or killed by gunshot, than if there was no gun in your house.

If you own a pool it is 100 times more likely you will drown than if you don't own a pool

so you see that stat is meaningless

Not an issue? Most countries have almost no accdental gun deaths. We have the highest rate in the world. Yes that is a issue. And it just increased dramatically.

PLEASE show your source and link showing that the United States has the HIGHEST ACCIDENTAL GUN DEATH RATE IN THE WORLD. Since you posted it as fact, you must have the link and source at your fingertips.

All you gun adoring asshats, c'mere....
What upsets you more - that Couric lied in her "documentary", or that she was caught?
Neither.
Why doesn't it bother you that she lied in a self-described documentary?

What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side.
Seems to me I just recently left you with several matters of fact that defended my side, from which you ran away.
:dunno:
Couric's presentation of the video material and the content generally in order to suit her purpose is SOP for the media.
Ah. It doesn't bother you that Couric lied because, well, the media lies. Gotcha

Seems to me I just recently left you with several matters of fact that defended my side, from which you ran away.
I don't know what you're referring to. I couldn't find it on this thread? Unless it was under a sock name?
Anti gunners, NRA convention will allow all legal carry options....
What have you offered the pro-gun side in return for, say, a ban on 'assault weapons'?
How about hunting rifles without detachable magazines? That don't shoot up to 12-20 people in one minute.
And in my book, what Couric did was slant the material, not lie. I was taught to watch out for that kind of stuff as a matter of course. Why some people seem so up in arms about it as if it were something new, I don't understand.

All you gun adoring asshats, c'mere....
I don't know why either, you make your side look really bad. You hatefully say people are proud of gun deaths because we exercise the right to arm ourselves. That's a pure total asshole move. Then you complain about name calling? Seriously? I point out that it's the person not the device that does the killing and since you don't agree then my point simply doesn't exist. Go pound sand.
Without the device, the person might less frequently and with less ease kill others.
As for the rest of your post--whatever.

Why don't you send the whole thing to PolitiFact and see if someone who isn't constantly screeching "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!" thinks she told a bunch of lies in her documentary.

As you know...PolitiFact is a far left publication owned and operated out of the same offices, with the same editors and writers as the far left Tampa Bay Times.

Gun ownership seems to be getting a lot of children shot.

Nope.......more children die from other means.....by a 7 to 1 margin...I have posted the figures from the CDC over and over.....with 74.2 million children in the U.S. 48 died from gun accidents in 2014....down from 69 in 2013.......

And as to the other countries....our non gun murder rate is higher than Britain's entire murder rate........

Gun ownership seems to be getting a lot of children shot.

Legal gun ownership or illegal gun ownership?

You don't know do you? For all we know those are gang bangers' kids who live in a crack house
And as we all know, gang bangers who live in a crack house don't deserve to live anyway. Or their kids.

Neither.

What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side.
Couric's presentation of the video material and the content generally in order to suit her purpose is SOP for the media.
Ah. It doesn't bother you that Couric lied because, well, the media lies. Gotcha

I don't know what you're referring to. I couldn't find it on this thread? Unless it was under a sock name?
What have you offered the pro-gun side in return for, say, a ban on 'assault weapons'?
How about hunting rifles without detachable magazines? That don't shoot up to 12-20 people in one minute.
And in my book, what Couric did was slant the material, not lie. I was taught to watch out for that kind of stuff as a matter of course. Why some people seem so up in arms about it as if it were something new, I don't understand.

Nope...no reason to give up one rifle, pistol, bullet, magazine or piece of equipment....we already have all the laws we need to stop criminals and mass shooters........

Why don't you send the whole thing to PolitiFact and see if someone who isn't constantly screeching "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!" thinks she told a bunch of lies in her documentary.

As you know...PolitiFact is a far left publication owned and operated out of the same offices, with the same editors and writers as the far left Tampa Bay Times.
PERFECT!!!! Wow. Can't get you to try to get to the bottom of anything, can I? EVERYONE is a liar.

Nope...no reason to give up one rifle, pistol, bullet, magazine or piece of equipment....we already have all the laws we need to stop criminals and mass shooters........
I was NOT speaking to you. I was answering M-14's question, thank you very much. I will wait for his reply, if he wishes.

Without the device, the person might less frequently and with less ease kill others.
As for the rest of your post--whatever.

THIRTY INFANTS a year are drowned in "empty" five-gallon plastic buckets. How many more in POOLS?

Oh the INHUMANITY OF IT ALL!

BAN ALL FIVE GALLON BUCKETS AND ALL SWIMMING POOLS!

Forum List

Back