'It's loud. It's frightening.' Hawaii to test siren intended to warn of impending nuclear strike

Fear mongering is where it’s at . Isis is so yesterday.

LOL

Tourist Bruce Jelsema of Grand Rapids, Michigan, also didn’t know what to do.

“Not living in Hawaii, I’m not familiar with the different sounds of the test so I would probably be confused as to how to respond,” he said.

That's easy, nuclear strike on Oahu, you respond by sticking your head between your legs and kissing your ass goodbye, that siren isn't a warning it's a death knell.

Is it the same as the tsunami alarm? Or different?
Not sure. With a Tsunami alarm, though, people can 'go to higher ground'. There is only 2 things to do with a nuke on the way - pray, and bend over and ki$$ your a$$ goodbye.

Didn't Trump say North Korea would not achieve this capacity?

Last edited:

If that siren ever sounds, soon after North Korea will glow at night for the next 25,000 years and nothing alive will be found there. Well, maybe a lizard that has mutated four tails.

That is the reality and even Kim Jong Fatboy knows it. As do the Chinese.

If Kim were to fire a nuclear missile, NK would disappear whether it finds its target or not.

LOL

Tourist Bruce Jelsema of Grand Rapids, Michigan, also didn’t know what to do.

“Not living in Hawaii, I’m not familiar with the different sounds of the test so I would probably be confused as to how to respond,” he said.

That's easy, nuclear strike on Oahu, you respond by sticking your head between your legs and kissing your ass goodbye, that siren isn't a warning it's a death knell.

Considering the assumed accuracy of the NK missiles, it has a better chance of falling far short than actually hitting Hawaii.

Still important to make sure people know when to find cover.

Is it the same as the tsunami alarm? Or different?
Not sure. With a Tsunami alarm, though, people can 'go to higher ground'. There is only 2 things to do with a nuke on the way - pray, and bend over and ki$$ your a$$ goodbye.

Assuming the small size of any NK nuke small enough to fit on their rockets, finding cover is probably a good idea.

If you are in the fireball you are hosed, but finding cover may protect you if you are only in the compressive air blast.

If that siren ever sounds, soon after North Korea will glow at night for the next 25,000 years and nothing alive will be found there. Well, maybe a lizard that has mutated four tails.

I'm not so sure. Every country would be on the phone while the missiles are still in the air begging the US to not respond. China might even threaten that any missile heading towards NK would be treated as heading towards China.

If a nuclear response was going to happen, it would be hours after using bombers.

Or an Ohio would sneak up to the NK coast and fire at flat trajectory.

I'm not so sure. Every country would be on the phone while the missiles are still in the air begging the US to not respond. China might even threaten that any missile heading towards NK would be treated as heading towards China.

If a nuclear response was going to happen, it would be hours after using bombers.

I disagree. I believe there would be groups of nuclear cruise missiles from the three carrier groups present heading toward NK targets within 15 minutes of a detected launch of a missile determined by trajectory to be headed toward ourselves or an ally. We are on a hair trigger these days, and you can be sure everything is already targeted.

China's position would have no influence upon our actions. They had their chance to remedy the situation.

Be clear, the US has told China behind the scenes that if Kim Jong Trump's Son fires even one nuclear missile at an ally then North Korea will disappear soon after. It won't matter what anyone around the world says, that is what will happen no matter who is president or who isn't.

What point is the liberal state of Hawaii trying to make with this nonsense? Why would they cut their own throats by scaring tourists when the chance of being nuked by N.K. is next to nil?

If you are in the fireball you are hosed, but finding cover may protect you if you are only in the compressive air blast.
Agreed.

Fall-Out will be devastating as well.

There would probably be plenty, but unlike a large exchange, there would be somewhere to run to. As long as you clear the people out quick enough deaths from radiation poisoning should be controllable.

I disagree. I believe there would be groups of nuclear cruise missiles from the three carrier groups present heading toward NK targets within 15 minutes of a detected launch of a missile determined by trajectory to be headed toward ourselves or an ally. We are on a hair trigger these days, and you can be sure everything is already targeted.

China's position would have no influence upon our actions. They had their chance to remedy the situation.

Cruise missiles might be another option.

The big concern is limiting the size of the things so we don't fallout poison South Korea.

We have pre-positioned assets / forces to strike in such a scenario. Assets / forces have been / are being positioned to defend potential US targets. Once launched, the trajectory / path, etc would be monitored....once determined it is a real threat the US would not hesitate to strike.

A conflict would be extremely costly, though. Seoul, for example, would potentially be all but wiped out before we could take out their artillery batteries.

Forum List

Back