It's no wonder that blacks are so messed up.

MLK used to incite extremely destructive and violent riots, then scream "Police brutality!" when police showed up to stop said riots. I don't view him as a positive role model.
Really? Do you have any credible evidence to support that? He did engage in civil disobedience, which was the correct thing to do, under the circumstances. But inciting riots? Give me a break.
That "Civil Disobedience" was because he would incite the riots, but wasn't actually in them. A famous quote from MLK was "A riot is the language of the unheard". He also once made a speech about his support of riots: Here's what Martin Luther King Jr. really thought about urban riots

http://www.martinlutherking.org/articles/the_king_holiday.pdf
You might be right. But perception is what's really important. Isn't it? And like I said. He was a very effective agent of positive change.
I never claimed he didn't help garner support for the radical Republicans that eventually helped give black people equal rights, only that he's not a positive role model. He did help change the US for the better.

MLK used to incite extremely destructive and violent riots, then scream "Police brutality!" when police showed up to stop said riots. I don't view him as a positive role model.
Really? Do you have any credible evidence to support that? He did engage in civil disobedience, which was the correct thing to do, under the circumstances. But inciting riots? Give me a break.
That "Civil Disobedience" was because he would incite the riots, but wasn't actually in them. A famous quote from MLK was "A riot is the language of the unheard". He also once made a speech about his support of riots: Here's what Martin Luther King Jr. really thought about urban riots

You might be right. But perception is what's really important. Isn't it? And like I said. He was a very effective agent of positive change.

'A riot is the language of the unheard' was not King endorsing riots. To say so is taking him completely out of context. Lutroo, don't give into this powder puff racist, figure it out for yourself.

MLK: A riot is the language of the unheard

Martin Luther King was a positive role model for blacks. Blacks made great strides while he was alive. He was a great role model. He was a man of conscience. He did not believe that violence was the answer. Who do blacks have as a role model today? Jessie Jackson? Al Sharpton? Obama? There are a few black leaders that they could turn to. Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson, to name a few. Unfortunately, most blacks would call them traitors to the black race, or Uncle Tom's. The problems they suffer from...poverty, gang violence, drugs and single parent homes are problem that they created themselves. Yet many of them blame whitey. Isn't it about time you people quit your bellyaching and took responsibility for your own lives? No one can lift you out of the hole you're in. Only you can do that. Just saying.

You absolutely no idea of what black Americans are like. They don't need 'role models'. They are mostly successful, law abiding people. YOur attitude was pitifully inaccruate back in the 1960s...nowadays it's totally idiotic.

And BTW - even before the 1960s black people were more than earning a substantial and decent standard of living. The problem is the rich white people wouldn't pay them fairly.

Why do you think that the Confederates wouldn't free the slaves - it's because slavery was the foundation of the economy of the southern states. In other words black people were doing all the work that created all the wealth, but white people were taking all the money.
Why are you bringing up ancient history? Blacks have the same opportunities as everyone else. The fact that they are living in ghetto's is because they refuse to take responsibility for themselves. Our government has given them a lot of "help", but it has only fostered dependency on the government. Millions of them are still in gangs. Still living in single parent homes because their daddies refuse to take care of them...etc. I would say that institutional racism is a thing of the past, but the democrats refuse to let it die. They got all them nigga's on the plantation, for sure.

Even jackie kennedy said he was a phoney. The only reason he was embraced way back when was because he advocated non-violence.

It was mainly white liberals that were bamboozled by MLK.
I never said he was perfect. But he was against violence. And that is the reason he was so effective.
Yea but Malcomb X preached doing for themselves rather than trying to get along with whitey. Black people need to start their own grocery stores.
how about restaurants?...
5 Amazing Black-Owned Soul Food Restaurants in Las Vegas

'A riot is the language of the unheard' was not King endorsing riots. To say so is taking him completely out of context. Lutroo, don't give into this powder puff racist, figure it out for yourself.

I'm no racist, and calling me one for not considering MLK a role model makes no sense. While calling anyone who criticizes a black man racist is typical of Liberals, you should at least only do so when you at least have a credible excuse. I support the results of his 'protests', I do not support his methods. His riots destroyed the property of others, and destroyed police credibility.

I'm no racist, and calling me one for not considering MLK a role model makes no sense. While calling anyone who criticizes a black man racist is typical of Liberals, you should at least only do so when you at least have a credible excuse. I support the results of his 'protests', I do not support his methods. His riots destroyed the property of others, and destroyed police credibility.

There are few absolutes in life, one of those is that white people who denounce and malign MLK are racists.

Which black civil rights leader do you admire?

I was in no danger at all last evening. I was at my home minding my own business and not engaged in any protests over two killings miles away from my home. Dallas Texas had absolutely nothing to do with those killings in Louisiana and Minnesota. Neither did New York or any other city that saw a bunch of folks taking to the streets and showing their asses.

There are few absolutes in life, one of those is that white people who denounce and malign MLK are racists.

Sounds like you can't justify his inciting of riots, so you just call me a racist. You can't even really call me a racist, for all you know, I could be black. Being black doesn't mean you condone the actions of everyone who happens to be the same color. As I explained, despite his methods, I do support the eventual results that he assisted with.

I don't really admire any human being in general.

Sounds like you can't justify his inciting of riots, so you just call me a racist. You can't even really call me a racist, for all you know, I could be black. Being black doesn't mean you condone the actions of everyone who happens to be the same color. As I explained, despite his methods, I do support the eventual results that he assisted with.

You're not black, stop being ridiculous.

MLK didn't incite riots.

Answer my question, can you name a black civil rights leader that you admire?

MLK didn't incite riots.

Prove that I'm not black~

He did, he even made speeches supporting riots.

I can't name any human being that I admire.

MLK didn't incite riots.

I don't need to prove that you're not black.

MLK did not support violence.

You can't what? :badgrin:

MLK didn't incite riots.

MLK supported all kinds of violence, he incited riots~

Maybe I am black, and maybe I think you're a racist for trying to take away my membership of my own race~

All human beings are horribly flawed, and while some eventually do great things, they also do horrible things, most of which they likely hide. Though, the fact is that you can't stand someone criticizing your hero, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking anyone is great simply because you were told so.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]
The fact is that he incited violence so that it would be stopped with violence, getting their movement more recognition. They were intentionally inviting people to stop them for more publicity.

Ask a fair question: Can you name a black you admire?

Bill Cosby?
Tiger Woods?
Charlie Rangal?
Barack Obama?

...and so it goes.

Sure, MLK, Obama, Oprah, Harriett Tubman, George Washington Carver, Prince, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Mohammad Ali, Malcolm X, Jackie Robinson, Booker T. Washington, Booker T. Jones, Marvin Gaye, Medgar Evers, Shirley Chisholm, Dave Chappelle, others.

But, what does that have to do with the powder puff racist not able to name a black civil rights leader that she supports or admires?

His assassination 'incited' riots.

Martin Luther King was a positive role model for blacks. Blacks made great strides while he was alive. He was a great role model.

Thats why he was monitored by the FBI, called a communists and regularly had his life threatened until he was assainated because he was a positive role model and whites hated that

MLK didn't incite riots.

Maybe I am black, and maybe I think you're a racist for trying to take away my membership of my own race~

All human beings are horribly flawed, and while some eventually do great things, they also do horrible things, most of which they likely hide. Though, the fact is that you can't stand someone criticizing your hero, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking anyone is great simply because you were told so.

The fact is that he incited violence so that it would be stopped with violence, getting their movement more recognition. They were intentionally inviting people to stop them for more publicity.

MLK didn't incite riots.

You could be a self loathing racist, I have no idea. I don't think you're black, nobody thinks you're black.

When did MLK incite violence? Please...quote it.

Forum List

Back