It's no wonder that blacks are so messed up.

I don't need to prove that you're not black.

MLK did not support violence.

You can't what? :badgrin:
MLK supported all kinds of violence, he incited riots~

Maybe I am black, and maybe I think you're a racist for trying to take away my membership of my own race~

All human beings are horribly flawed, and while some eventually do great things, they also do horrible things, most of which they likely hide. Though, the fact is that you can't stand someone criticizing your hero, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking anyone is great simply because you were told so.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]
The fact is that he incited violence so that it would be stopped with violence, getting their movement more recognition. They were intentionally inviting people to stop them for more publicity.

Maybe I am black, and maybe I think you're a racist for trying to take away my membership of my own race~

All human beings are horribly flawed, and while some eventually do great things, they also do horrible things, most of which they likely hide. Though, the fact is that you can't stand someone criticizing your hero, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking anyone is great simply because you were told so.

The fact is that he incited violence so that it would be stopped with violence, getting their movement more recognition. They were intentionally inviting people to stop them for more publicity.

You could be a self loathing racist, I have no idea. I don't think you're black, nobody thinks you're black.

When did MLK incite violence? Please...quote it.
I just showed you his letter heavily implying that they needed the violent attention, and a few posts ago I linked a page that broke down his speeches and actions. How about actually reading them instead of being lazy? While I don't agree with the conclusion that there shouldn't be an MLK day, it does explain how he incited riots.

Quote the parts you are referring to from your links. Pretend you can actually speak to your claims.
Just go read them, I'm not going to sift through walls of text for you. You can come criticize my views after you have read through the links I provided.

I knew you hadn't read them, and opted to instead just keep denying the claim I backed up. Willful ignorance doesn't validate your claims.
He's like;y never had a job and cannot fathom the idea that he has to do things for himself.

You could be a self loathing racist, I have no idea. I don't think you're black, nobody thinks you're black.

I just showed you his letter heavily implying that they needed the violent attention, and a few posts ago I linked a page that broke down his speeches and actions. How about actually reading them instead of being lazy? While I don't agree with the conclusion that there shouldn't be an MLK day, it does explain how he incited riots.

Quote the parts you are referring to from your links. Pretend you can actually speak to your claims.
Just go read them, I'm not going to sift through walls of text for you. You can come criticize my views after you have read through the links I provided.

I knew you hadn't read them, and opted to instead just keep denying the claim I backed up. Willful ignorance doesn't validate your claims.
He's like;y never had a job and cannot fathom the idea that he has to do things for himself.

Maybe you can put yourself to work and demonstrate powder puff's point.

Stop asking for handouts, This is not a federal government program.

Stop asking for handouts, This is not a federal government program.

That's it? Some boilerplate wingnuttery? When did MLK ever advocate for violence?

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Hancock, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Patrick Henry, et al

incited an armed rebellion that became a Revolutionary War.

Then again they were white, so they get a pass.
They actually created an entire nation, and were revolting against a monarch that was oppressing them from across an ocean. MLK incited riots for attention, instead. Besides, the people you mentioned were protecting their nation after declaring independence, not inciting a war. A war just happened because Britain attacked them.

Blacks weren't being oppressed in our country? Where are you from?
They were, and like I said, I support the results of his actions. The fact is that what they did was destroy the property of randoms, then scream police brutality when they were stopped. They incriminated the police for enforcing the law. In this case, violence wasn't the answer. This was not a war, and they could have protested without it.

I have no idea what your views are, or I do but I don't know where you are coming from. You made the point that MLK incited violence, now show us where, I'm not privy to the machinery in your head that turns nonviolent rhetoric into calls for rioting. So, quote it, it's your point to make. What you are probably doing is (for whatever reason) conflating nonviolent protests with violent riots.

What a sack of fail.
Well, for starters, he made speeches in Birmingham, Montgomery, St. Augustine, Cleveland, Chicago, and Albany, after each of which there were riots. During his speeches, he also used "double talk" to sound peaceful, while simultaneously implying that they should commit certain acts.
MLK: "I can't recommend burning down Cleveland. We end up getting killed more than anyone else and our businesses get burned."

When he marched in Chicago, and riots broke out, he said that it brought out the hatred in whites for all to see.

ed3bc73cc0cb4e13a29af6298afbd0f8.png

What he was doing was trying to get as much attention as possible, victimizing his 'race', by inciting violence from his people, to get violence from the police, so he can claim it was police brutality. They WELCOMED the fire hoses, and the police coming out to quell them. The way he put it, the people marching were "willing to suffer for their cause".
49680897e97942488fa048be15ba0ff8.png

MLK used to incite extremely destructive and violent riots, then scream "Police brutality!" when police showed up to stop said riots. I don't view him as a positive role model.

Even jackie kennedy said he was a phoney. The only reason he was embraced way back when was because he advocated non-violence.

It was mainly white liberals that were bamboozled by MLK.
I never said he was perfect. But he was against violence. And that is the reason he was so effective.

He was promoted and idolized by white liberals ...Most negroes did not care for him...even today...ever been to a mlk parade ...very few negroes show up ...mostly white liberals.

The Beast As Saint: The Truth About Martin Luther King Jr.

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Hancock, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Patrick Henry, et al

incited an armed rebellion that became a Revolutionary War.

Then again they were white, so they get a pass.
They actually created an entire nation, and were revolting against a monarch that was oppressing them from across an ocean. MLK incited riots for attention, instead. Besides, the people you mentioned were protecting their nation after declaring independence, not inciting a war. A war just happened because Britain attacked them.

They were, and like I said, I support the results of his actions. The fact is that what they did was destroy the property of randoms, then scream police brutality when they were stopped. They incriminated the police for enforcing the law. In this case, violence wasn't the answer. This was not a war, and they could have protested without it.

I have no idea what your views are, or I do but I don't know where you are coming from. You made the point that MLK incited violence, now show us where, I'm not privy to the machinery in your head that turns nonviolent rhetoric into calls for rioting. So, quote it, it's your point to make. What you are probably doing is (for whatever reason) conflating nonviolent protests with violent riots.

What a sack of fail.
Well, for starters, he made speeches in Birmingham, Montgomery, St. Augustine, Cleveland, Chicago, and Albany, after each of which there were riots. During his speeches, he also used "double talk" to sound peaceful, while simultaneously implying that they should commit certain acts.
MLK: "I can't recommend burning down Cleveland. We end up getting killed more than anyone else and our businesses get burned."

When he marched in Chicago, and riots broke out, he said that it brought out the hatred in whites for all to see.

What he was doing was trying to get as much attention as possible, victimizing his 'race', by inciting violence from his people, to get violence from the police, so he can claim it was police brutality. They WELCOMED the fire hoses, and the police coming out to quell them. The way he put it, the people marching were "willing to suffer for their cause".

Where exactly was MLK calling for violence again? I'm just not seeing it and neither are you, you are stretching the truth quite a bit to fit a narrative.

EDIT: Nice source by the way.
The Creativity Movement – White Racial Loyalists

essence-326x245.jpg

Neat how one of it's founders was convicted for soliciting an undercover FBI agent to murder a federal judge. That judge's mother and husband were murdered. But yeah, go ahead and let people like that convince you MLK advocated for violence. Good one, powder puff.

Last edited:
MLK used to incite extremely destructive and violent riots, then scream "Police brutality!" when police showed up to stop said riots. I don't view him as a positive role model.
Really? Do you have any credible evidence to support that? He did engage in civil disobedience, which was the correct thing to do, under the circumstances. But inciting riots? Give me a break.
That "Civil Disobedience" was because he would incite the riots, but wasn't actually in them. A famous quote from MLK was "A riot is the language of the unheard". He also once made a speech about his support of riots: Here's what Martin Luther King Jr. really thought about urban riots

http://www.martinlutherking.org/articles/the_king_holiday.pdf
You might be right. But perception is what's really important. Isn't it? And like I said. He was a very effective agent of positive change.
Until his mission of peace was ended by "conservative" White violence.

Even jackie kennedy said he was a phoney. The only reason he was embraced way back when was because he advocated non-violence.

I never said he was perfect. But he was against violence. And that is the reason he was so effective.

He was promoted and idolized by white liberals ...Most negroes did not care for him...even today...ever been to a mlk parade ...very few negroes show up ...mostly white liberals.

The Beast As Saint: The Truth About Martin Luther King Jr.
The "Negroes" didn't kill him though, did they?

Yea but Malcomb X preached doing for themselves rather than trying to get along with whitey. Black people need to start their own grocery stores.
First they need to start their own banks to finacne the loans necessary to build anything including grocery stores. But wait…Gaddafi was going to do that for Africa and look what NATO did to him…with Obama's blessings. Yeah, I said it….

What a sack of fail.

Where exactly was MLK calling for violence again? I'm just not seeing it and neither are you, you are stretching the truth quite a bit to fit a narrative.

EDIT: Nice source by the way.
The Creativity Movement – White Racial Loyalists

essence-326x245.jpg

Neat how one of it's founders was convicted for soliciting an undercover FBI agent to murder a federal judge. That judge's mother and husband were murdered. But yeah, go ahead and let people like that convince you MLK advocated for violence. Good one, powder puff.
If you completely ignore that he spoke to gang members, spoke before every riot, and was present for the riots, I can see how you'd come to the conclusion that he had nothing to do with it. It seems like you're squirming for excuses at this point.

Martin Luther King was a positive role model for blacks. Blacks made great strides while he was alive. He was a great role model. He was a man of conscience. He did not believe that violence was the answer. Who do blacks have as a role model today? Jessie Jackson? Al Sharpton? Obama? There are a few black leaders that they could turn to. Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson, to name a few. Unfortunately, most blacks would call them traitors to the black race, or Uncle Tom's. The problems they suffer from...poverty, gang violence, drugs and single parent homes are problem that they created themselves. Yet many of them blame whitey. Isn't it about time you people quit your bellyaching and took responsibility for your own lives? No one can lift you out of the hole you're in. Only you can do that. Just saying.
Actually, this thread demonstrates why conservatives are so ‘messed up.’

Clearly the major cause for ODS among conservatives is stupidity.

Really? Do you have any credible evidence to support that? He did engage in civil disobedience, which was the correct thing to do, under the circumstances. But inciting riots? Give me a break.

Must be "inciting violence" was more than 10 black people being on Main Street in Selma.. In that case, the poster might be period correct.

There are few absolutes in life, one of those is that white people who denounce and malign MLK are racists.

Which black civil rights leader do you admire?
Sounds like you can't justify his inciting of riots, so you just call me a racist. You can't even really call me a racist, for all you know, I could be black. Being black doesn't mean you condone the actions of everyone who happens to be the same color. As I explained, despite his methods, I do support the eventual results that he assisted with.

I don't really admire any human being in general.

You're not black, stop being ridiculous.

MLK didn't incite riots.

Answer my question, can you name a black civil rights leader that you admire?
Prove that I'm not black~

He did, he even made speeches supporting riots.

I can't name any human being that I admire.

Seriously. Not gonna slam you here, but YOU need to read the "Letter from the B-ham jail". What you've been told was INCITING RIOTS was actually what MLK calls in the letter "useful tensions".

What WAS a "useful tension" in the 60s? It was black leadership MOVING from place to place to COORDINATE a movement. Simply BEING in a town was "incitement" to the white community. They were scorned as "outsiders" and "agitators" for simply coming to support Civil Rights marches in many places.

As THO -- they had NO RIGHT to travel or organize or coordinate. THAT was "inciting riots" in the 60s. Maybe having breakfast at Walgreens was "inciting riots".

Now some of us STILL feel that way when Sharpton shows up at every disaster. :badgrin: But he's a LOT closer to an "inciter" and "outsider" than the Black leadership in the MLK days. Just ask the Black people who cringe when they see him coming "to help"... :biggrin:

Don't fall for the commentary... Put yourself in the culture that EXISTED in those days. An act of Civil Disobedience was just MARCHING down the street.

Farrakhan is a muslim POS. There is no comparison.
So who would you suggest is a positive role model and national leader for black people today besides Farrakhan? ....... :cool:

There are plenty of positive black role models. Unfortunately the media only displays the "role models" that are clearly in it for themselves and do not represent the best positive black individuals.

There are a handful of black "personalities" in the news that have lived exemplary lives and display a positive example. One of them is Russell Wilson. Aside from being a sports personality he does much to give to the community without looking for the constant personal recognition of the typical media hounds that are foisted upon us as "black role models".

Every Tuesday that Wilson is in Seattle he makes a lengthy appearance at the Seattle Children's Hospital and attempts to cheer up the tykes in there fighting for their lives. I know of no other black man that does so much on his own with almost zero recognition for the goodness he brings to those kids.

Martin Luther King was a positive role model for blacks. Blacks made great strides while he was alive. He was a great role model. He was a man of conscience. He did not believe that violence was the answer. Who do blacks have as a role model today? Jessie Jackson? Al Sharpton? Obama? There are a few black leaders that they could turn to. Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson, to name a few. Unfortunately, most blacks would call them traitors to the black race, or Uncle Tom's. The problems they suffer from...poverty, gang violence, drugs and single parent homes are problem that they created themselves. Yet many of them blame whitey. Isn't it about time you people quit your bellyaching and took responsibility for your own lives? No one can lift you out of the hole you're in. Only you can do that. Just saying.
Here's a black Republican they can vote for

A Conservative Christian Politician Left the Porn Tabs Open on Screenshots He Posted to Facebook

Go to minute 2:55 to see this "christian" conservative Republican black man say the bible is his favorite book but forgot to turn the porn screensaver off in his pic. LOL.

A Christian, by definition, is one who follows Christ. Now tell me. Where in the Bible does it say it's OK to look at porn? Idiot.

Ask that black guy. He says it's his favorite book. That is when he's not surfing the net for porn of course

Yea but Malcomb X preached doing for themselves rather than trying to get along with whitey. Black people need to start their own grocery stores.
First they need to start their own banks to finacne the loans necessary to build anything including grocery stores. But wait…Gaddafi was going to do that for Africa and look what NATO did to him…with Obama's blessings. Yeah, I said it….
Black credit unions aren't a bad idea.

The reason I think a black owned supermarket like walmart is important is because they would provided something the community needs and jobs.

Right now most food stores in Detroit are Arab owned, don't hire a lot of blacks and they sell shitty food. Blacks will drive out to the burbs to get food. It's sad really.

With 700,000 residents how can or why would a Walmart fail? If they succeed everywhere else, why can't a supermarket succeed in Detroit? They should be OK with food stamps alone.

So tell me why blacks don't start doing this?I wouldn't wait for black banks. Doesn't seem absolutely necessary

National companies don't like to waste their money opening stores in black neighborhoods.

Because the first time some thug/rapper/criminal gets himself shot by the police.

Black people will riot, loot the store, and then burn it down. ..... :cool:

National companies don't like to waste their money opening stores in black neighborhoods.

Because the first time some thug/rapper/criminal gets himself shot by the police.

Black people will riot, loot the store, and then burn it down. ..... :cool:

As opposed to muslims who only fly airplanes full of people into buildings in the name of some fictitious being.

Forum List

Back