It's no wonder that blacks are so messed up.

There are few absolutes in life, one of those is that white people who denounce and malign MLK are racists.

Which black civil rights leader do you admire?
Sounds like you can't justify his inciting of riots, so you just call me a racist. You can't even really call me a racist, for all you know, I could be black. Being black doesn't mean you condone the actions of everyone who happens to be the same color. As I explained, despite his methods, I do support the eventual results that he assisted with.

I don't really admire any human being in general.

You're not black, stop being ridiculous.

MLK didn't incite riots.

Answer my question, can you name a black civil rights leader that you admire?
Prove that I'm not black~

He did, he even made speeches supporting riots.

I can't name any human being that I admire.

I don't need to prove that you're not black.

MLK did not support violence.

You can't what? :badgrin:
MLK supported all kinds of violence, he incited riots~

Maybe I am black, and maybe I think you're a racist for trying to take away my membership of my own race~

All human beings are horribly flawed, and while some eventually do great things, they also do horrible things, most of which they likely hide. Though, the fact is that you can't stand someone criticizing your hero, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking anyone is great simply because you were told so.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]
The fact is that he incited violence so that it would be stopped with violence, getting their movement more recognition. They were intentionally inviting people to stop them for more publicity.

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Hancock, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Patrick Henry, et al

incited an armed rebellion that became a Revolutionary War.

Then again they were white, so they get a pass.

Martin Luther King was a positive role model for blacks. Blacks made great strides while he was alive. He was a great role model. He was a man of conscience. He did not believe that violence was the answer. Who do blacks have as a role model today? Jessie Jackson? Al Sharpton? Obama? There are a few black leaders that they could turn to. Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson, to name a few. Unfortunately, most blacks would call them traitors to the black race, or Uncle Tom's. The problems they suffer from...poverty, gang violence, drugs and single parent homes are problem that they created themselves. Yet many of them blame whitey. Isn't it about time you people quit your bellyaching and took responsibility for your own lives? No one can lift you out of the hole you're in. Only you can do that. Just saying.

A bigoted Birther is your role model. You're hardly in position to be sanctimonious.

Sure, MLK, Obama, Oprah, Harriett Tubman, George Washington Carver, Prince, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Mohammad Ali, Malcolm X, Jackie Robinson, Booker T. Washington, Booker T. Jones, Marvin Gaye, Medgar Evers, Shirley Chisholm, Dave Chappelle, others.

But, what does that have to do with the powder puff racist not able to name a black civil rights leader that she supports or admires?
And not one of them with an IQ of a houseplant nor any significant contribution to mankind.

They love MLK except he didnt say "Injustice any where is an Injustice everywhere except if you can cite crime state to justify discrimination"

Sure, MLK, Obama, Oprah, Harriett Tubman, George Washington Carver, Prince, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Mohammad Ali, Malcolm X, Jackie Robinson, Booker T. Washington, Booker T. Jones, Marvin Gaye, Medgar Evers, Shirley Chisholm, Dave Chappelle, others.

But, what does that have to do with the powder puff racist not able to name a black civil rights leader that she supports or admires?
And not one of them with an IQ of a houseplant nor any significant contribution to mankind.

Each and every one of them has contributed more than you.

You arent good enough to even get a tattoo from Muhammed Ali even with the parkinsons

Please. This is not a BLM forum. Go there and get lauded for the historical midgets you mentioned.

Sounds like you can't justify his inciting of riots, so you just call me a racist. You can't even really call me a racist, for all you know, I could be black. Being black doesn't mean you condone the actions of everyone who happens to be the same color. As I explained, despite his methods, I do support the eventual results that he assisted with.

MLK didn't incite riots.

Maybe I am black, and maybe I think you're a racist for trying to take away my membership of my own race~

All human beings are horribly flawed, and while some eventually do great things, they also do horrible things, most of which they likely hide. Though, the fact is that you can't stand someone criticizing your hero, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking anyone is great simply because you were told so.

The fact is that he incited violence so that it would be stopped with violence, getting their movement more recognition. They were intentionally inviting people to stop them for more publicity.

MLK didn't incite riots.

You could be a self loathing racist, I have no idea. I don't think you're black, nobody thinks you're black.

When did MLK incite violence? Please...quote it.
I just showed you his letter heavily implying that they needed the violent attention, and a few posts ago I linked a page that broke down his speeches and actions. How about actually reading them instead of being lazy? While I don't agree with the conclusion that there shouldn't be an MLK day, it does explain how he incited riots.

Asians don't seem to be having any problem assimilating into America and doing well.

MLK didn't incite riots.

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Hancock, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Patrick Henry, et al

They actually created an entire nation, and were revolting against a monarch that was oppressing them from across an ocean. MLK incited riots for attention, instead. Besides, the people you mentioned were protecting their nation after declaring independence, not inciting a war. A war just happened because Britain attacked them.

MLK didn't incite riots.

They actually created an entire nation, and were revolting against a monarch that was oppressing them from across an ocean. MLK incited riots for attention, instead. Besides, the people you mentioned were protecting their nation after declaring independence, not inciting a war. A war just happened because Britain attacked them.

Blacks weren't being oppressed in our country? Where are you from?

They were, and like I said, I support the results of his actions. The fact is that what they did was destroy the property of randoms, then scream police brutality when they were stopped. They incriminated the police for enforcing the law. In this case, violence wasn't the answer. This was not a war, and they could have protested without it.

That "Civil Disobedience" was because he would incite the riots, but wasn't actually in them. A famous quote from MLK was "A riot is the language of the unheard". He also once made a speech about his support of riots: Here's what Martin Luther King Jr. really thought about urban riots

http://www.martinlutherking.org/articles/the_king_holiday.pdf
You might be right. But perception is what's really important. Isn't it? And like I said. He was a very effective agent of positive change.

'A riot is the language of the unheard' was not King endorsing riots. To say so is taking him completely out of context. Lutroo, don't give into this powder puff racist, figure it out for yourself.

MLK: A riot is the language of the unheard
I'm no racist, and calling me one for not considering MLK a role model makes no sense. While calling anyone who criticizes a black man racist is typical of Liberals, you should at least only do so when you at least have a credible excuse. I support the results of his 'protests', I do not support his methods. His riots destroyed the property of others, and destroyed police credibility.

There are few absolutes in life, one of those is that white people who denounce and malign MLK are racists.

Like I said, it's the perception that matters. How do you perceive so called black leaders like Al (not sharp) Sharpton, or Mr. Jackson?

Martin Luther King was a positive role model for blacks. Blacks made great strides while he was alive. He was a great role model. He was a man of conscience. He did not believe that violence was the answer. Who do blacks have as a role model today? Jessie Jackson? Al Sharpton? Obama? There are a few black leaders that they could turn to. Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson, to name a few. Unfortunately, most blacks would call them traitors to the black race, or Uncle Tom's. The problems they suffer from...poverty, gang violence, drugs and single parent homes are problem that they created themselves. Yet many of them blame whitey. Isn't it about time you people quit your bellyaching and took responsibility for your own lives? No one can lift you out of the hole you're in. Only you can do that. Just saying.

A bigoted Birther is your role model. You're hardly in position to be sanctimonious.
That's your opinion. It doesn't invalidate anything I said in my OP. Black culture is a mess because of blacks behavior. Unless you have someone else to blame. It all comes down to personal responsibility. Something many blacks grow up without learning.

You might be right. But perception is what's really important. Isn't it? And like I said. He was a very effective agent of positive change.

'A riot is the language of the unheard' was not King endorsing riots. To say so is taking him completely out of context. Lutroo, don't give into this powder puff racist, figure it out for yourself.

I'm no racist, and calling me one for not considering MLK a role model makes no sense. While calling anyone who criticizes a black man racist is typical of Liberals, you should at least only do so when you at least have a credible excuse. I support the results of his 'protests', I do not support his methods. His riots destroyed the property of others, and destroyed police credibility.

Like I said, it's the perception that matters. How do you perceive so called black leaders like Al (not sharp) Sharpton, or Mr. Jackson?
They just hate America, they're no leaders.

They just hate America, they're no leaders.
You forgot race baiters, but I agree. :)

Please. This is not a BLM forum. Go there and get lauded for the historical midgets you mentioned.

What we only praise white people around here? What's your problem? I mean other than you pretending to be better than anyone on that list.

MLK didn't incite riots.

MLK didn't incite riots.

You could be a self loathing racist, I have no idea. I don't think you're black, nobody thinks you're black.

I just showed you his letter heavily implying that they needed the violent attention, and a few posts ago I linked a page that broke down his speeches and actions. How about actually reading them instead of being lazy? While I don't agree with the conclusion that there shouldn't be an MLK day, it does explain how he incited riots.

Quote the parts you are referring to from your links. Pretend you can actually speak to your claims.

Quote the parts you are referring to from your links. Pretend you can actually speak to your claims.
Just go read them, I'm not going to sift through walls of text for you. You can come criticize my views after you have read through the links I provided.

I knew you hadn't read them, and opted to instead just keep denying the claim I backed up. Willful ignorance doesn't validate your claims.

They were, and like I said, I support the results of his actions. The fact is that what they did was destroy the property of randoms, then scream police brutality when they were stopped. They incriminated the police for enforcing the law. In this case, violence wasn't the answer. This was not a war, and they could have protested without it.

Just go read them, I'm not going to sift through walls of text for you. You can come criticize my views after you have read through the links I provided.

I knew you hadn't read them, and opted to instead just keep denying the claim I backed up. Willful ignorance doesn't validate your claims.

I have no idea what your views are, or I do but I don't know where you are coming from. You made the point that MLK incited violence, now show us where, I'm not privy to the machinery in your head that turns nonviolent rhetoric into calls for rioting. So, quote it, it's your point to make. What you are probably doing is (for whatever reason) conflating nonviolent protests with violent riots.

What a sack of fail.

Forum List

Back