Zone1 It's so weird that the left has demonized "traditional" values

Also to your point just because something is new doesn’t make it good. There are terrible things going on in the modern era that in the past were rightfully condemned. Like this idea that a child can get a sex change operation. Or the idea that a white homeless person is privileged.

The point made by the poster I quoted was one of l trolling. For example, he talks about slavery, as if it was only a white man’s thing. The guy talks about segregation like it was only a white man’s thing. He’s talking about it from a Americans perspective. When those issues were all worldwide issues.

Also beating one’s wife is not a traditional thing to do. It’s a crime now and was then. Beating one’s wife in the 1950s was frowned upon and a man that did that was a disgrace. So the poster who brought that up is simply trolling and making things up.
What do you think the first two letters of this website's name represent? What other people do in other countries has no bearing on the United States. And one of the weakest arguments you can make is pointing to others and saying "they did it too" or "they did worse".

Joe is not a troll and from I've seen is pretty knowledgeable of what he speaks. We don't agree all of the time but we do enough for me to have a general understanding of where he's coming from.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up a white homeless guy in an attempt to prove that there is no such thing as white privilege when it has been explained to you, more than once, that being born into the white race doesn't shield you from the hardships of life but it does shield you from the laws and consequences, residual though they may be, crafted specifically to criminalize, oppress and diminish the lives of Black Americans.

But it was based on the value that there should be separation of the races with white supremcy... that's the whole point.

But it wasn't always. In fact, did you know that they didn't remove the first marital rape law from the books until 1973, and there were still some on the books until 1993.

Yet those things were considered part of the values of "Faith and family", until they weren't

Actually, not true. Most countries had a much shorter intrevel between independence and emancipation. For instance, Brazil became independent from Portugal in 1822 and abolished slavery in 1888. And they didn't have to murder a bunch of people to do it.

View attachment 995673

We were the first country in the Americas to become independent and one of the last to abolish slavery.
Joe, thanks for mentioning marital rape, I started to post something about it but would have had to research first for the dates & states which is not easy to do on my phone.

For the others, until just a couple of decades ago in some states a man could not be convicted of raping his wife, even if separated and no matter how violent. This was due to the premise that a woman grants "irrevocable consent" for sexual relations her husband upon entering into the marriage.

This was legal aka "traditional". I don't know anyone who thinks this should ever have been.

Wife-beating is a crime.

The Temperance Movement was largely a womens' movement against family violence. The country eventually passed Prohibition because of wife beating and other domestic violence. It was never an acceptable 'tradition' in WASP culture like the commies and deviants claim. These vermin have never read history, they just parrot what they're told. They don;t actually care about women and children, it's just some slogans for them for them to hide their agendas behind.

These days black 'culture' generates murders of women at 4 times the rates for white women; violence against women is a highly popular theme in rap and hip hop garbage. Native Americans also love raping and murdering women, they're also up there with 'black culture' in promoting violence. LAtinos on the other hand, note for their 'toxic masculinity' culture, though still higher than among whites, have less than half the rates of violence against women than blacks and indians do, proving that 'toxic masculinity' isn't a major factor.

Last edited:
Joe, thanks for mentioning marital rape, I started to post something about it but would have had to research first for the dates & states which is not easy to do on my phone.

For the others, until just a couple of decades ago in some states a man could not be convicted of raping his wife, even if separated and no matter how violent. This was due to the premise that a woman grants "irrevocable consent" for sexual relations her husband upon entering into the marriage.

This was legal aka "traditional". I don't know anyone who thinks this should ever have been.

Yes, a lot of minorities got away with domestic violence, which is why its still a major thing in black 'culture'. thanks for helping point that out.

Forum List

Back