It’s Time for an Outright Ban on the Promotion of Atheism.

I said in my post above the government wouldn't endorse sex outside marriage, gender fluidity or birth control. Please read the comments before you respond. "Not endorse' is not the same as illegalize.

And no birth control? A married couple can't afford a child or another child. They do the responsible thing and use birth control. You want them to just abstain from all sex? That is ridiculous.

And that is your belief. I have no problem with you believing that.

I have a problem with you wanting the power of the US Government enforcing your belief that every other faith is worshipping a false God or Goddess.
So then why are you fine with the power of the US government enforcing and pushing the religion of atheism? Why should atheism get precedence over other religions?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
And no birth control? A married couple can't afford a child or another child. They do the responsible thing and use birth control. You want them to just abstain from all sex? That is ridiculous.
Artificial birth control is immoral. That is a law Jesus established through His church. It's immoral because it frustrates the sharing, procreative, and unitive nature of sex.

So then why are you fine with the power of the US government enforcing and pushing the religion of atheism? Why should atheism get precedence over other religions?

Because they do not push atheism. The power of the federal gov't protects your right to worship and it protects the pagan, the buddhist, and the hindu as well.

Not expressing a religion is not the same as being atheist. There are hundreds of thousands of Christians in our state and federal gov't.

Artificial birth control is immoral. That is a law Jesus established through His church. It's immoral because it frustrates the sharing, procreative, and unitive nature of sex.

Procreation is just one function of sex. It is also the important intimacy between a couple.

And Jesus never said a word about birth control.

Following Jesus' perfect rules always leads to the best results. You want the best results for Americans, don't you?

I do want the best results for America and all Americans. And I want, no I demand, the freedoms were are all guaranteed.

A dictator could take over and make people eat right, exercise, and other things that are good for them. But without freedom it is not what is best.

Because they do not push atheism.
Of course they do. Government currently pushes atheist (against God's teaching) agenda items such as abortion, artificial birth control, sex outside marriage, and gay marriage.
Not expressing a religion is not the same as being atheist. There are hundreds of thousands of Christians in our state and federal gov't.
With issues like abortion, it is impossible for government to be neutral. If government allows it to be legal, it's endorsing abortion.

I do want the best results for America and all Americans. And I want, no I demand, the freedoms were are all guaranteed.

A dictator could take over and make people eat right, exercise, and other things that are good for them. But without freedom it is not what is best.
America shouldn't allow people the "freedom" to commit horrible acts than encroach on others' legitimate freedoms. That's obviously what I'm talking about.

Of course they do. Government currently pushes atheist (against God's teaching) agenda items such as abortion, artificial birth control, sex outside marriage, and gay marriage.

With issues like abortion, it is impossible for government to be neutral. If government allows it to be legal, it's endorsing abortion.

No, they do not push atheism. They allow churches to be tax exempt. That is favored status.

I get the complaint against abortion. I understand the thinking that it is killing a child. But birth control and sex outside the marriage are not killing a child. They are the free expression of two consenting adults.

The gov't has no business meddling in the private affairs of consenting adults.

America shouldn't allow people the "freedom" to commit horrible acts than encroach on others' legitimate freedoms. That's obviously what I'm talking about.

Birth control is committing a horrible act and encroaching on others' legitimate freedoms?

What could be a more legitimate freedom than to decide whether you have sex?

I never said people wouldn't have the right to worship as they chose. I said Christianity would be the preferred religion of government. It's like English being the preferred language in America. People still can and do speak Spanish and other languages.
I understand, people would have the right to chose any religion and spread that religion. However, if they chose no religion, they would not the right to spread that belief.

Procreation is just one function of sex. It is also the important intimacy between a couple.

And Jesus never said a word about birth control.
As I said, Jesus continues to teach through His Church, which has declared artificial birth control immoral.

I understand, people would have the right to chose any religion and spread that religion. However, if they chose no religion, they would not the right to spread that belief.
Government wouldn't be spreading the religion of atheism. Individuals could still hold those beliefs. But I would be in favor of laws banning media groups or Hollywood from pushing atheist immoral themes.

As I said, Jesus continues to teach through His Church, which has declared artificial birth control immoral.

Yes, I know what you said. But there is no evidence that Jesus said that. Men claiming to have been told by Jesus said that. And many other Christians do not believe that Jesus is against birth control. In fact, in the US there are more Protestant Christians than Catholic Christians.

Government wouldn't be spreading the religion of atheism. Individuals could still hold those beliefs. But I would be in favor of laws banning media groups or Hollywood from pushing atheist immoral themes.

They are not. This insistence than being nonreligious, as an organization, means atheism is blatantly false. A Christian can work in the gov't as a nonreligious person.

They are not. This insistence than being nonreligious, as an organization, means atheism is blatantly false. A Christian can work in the gov't as a nonreligious person.
I do not understand this post. Clarify or rephrase, please.

No laws would violate Christian moral teaching under my proposal. That means government would illegalize abortion and gay marriage, and wouldn't endorse, push, or subsidize gender fluidity, artificial birth control, and sex outside hetero marriage, particularly among minors in the public schools.
You have to be more specific in forbidding laws that violate Christian moral teachings because different denominations of Christians have very different beliefs in regard to morality.

The Presbyterian Church (USA) voted to redefine marriage as “a commitment between two people, traditionally a man and a woman,” formally allowing same-sex marriages within the church. The Evangelical Lutheran Church of America allows same-sex couples to get married, but leaves it up to individual ministers of congregations to decide, according to a 2009 resolution. The Episcopal Church established a rite of blessing for same-sex couples in 2012 and prohibited discrimination against transgender people. It has welcomed gay people since 1976, when its General Convention decided that “homosexual persons are children of God who have a full and equal claim with all other persons upon the love, acceptance, and pastoral concern and care of the Church.” The United Church of Christ has allowed same-sex couples to get married since 2005.

Also different Christian demonization moral interpretation of divorce differs. Although some Christian denomination consider all forms of abortion immoral, some attach various exceptions. An some are mute on subject.

Christian beliefs vary widely in regard to morality in many areas.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back