Its time for business's to start whining again......

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Obama Has A Plan To Bring More Workers Overtime Pay. Here's What It Means For You.

The current threshold, set by the administration of George W. Bush, is quite low: $23,660. Obama wants to more than double the threshold, to $50,440. According to the administration's estimates, the changes would extend overtime eligibility to 5 million more workers, though their impact could be even greater than that. EPI says they would affect 15 million more workers.

As usual we got corporate america whining about having to fuck people again and they don't want to....whine whine whine.....listen, there isn't one single change ever made to their bottom line that consumers haven't had to pick up the cost for, not one. Pukie John's Pizza, cried all the way to the bank, just because he had to provide healthcare to his employee's...and this mf' makes billions...so what did the baby do, he increased his pizza prices and the sun came out the next day. And don't give me this shit about mom and pop venues...with all the illegals, 99% of them employee, trust me they'll do just fine.

• Banned
They'll just assign less overtime, have to take some away from full timers, and hire more part timers.

I don't think this will be a big deal.

We're talking MANAGERS HERE.....No, what they'll do is either pay up or allow managers their 40 hours like they do the rest of us and if they need more employee's, they'll hire them. This country is not suffering grave jobs loses, hiring is up all around the country and they know it.

They'll just assign less overtime, have to take some away from full timers, and hire more part timers.

We're talking MANAGERS HERE.....No, what they'll do is either pay up or allow managers their 40 hours like they do the rest of us and if they need more employee's, they'll hire them. This country is not suffering grave jobs loses, hiring is up all around the country and they know it.
They'll "pay up" if revenue justifies the additional costs.

That's how it works.

I'm just curious where the additional funds are going to come from.

Obama have a magic wand?

• Banned

They'll "pay up" if revenue justifies the additional costs.

That's how it works.

I understand where these managers are coming from, it amazes me how they over use them at my place of employment and its not right. They don't want to hire more people, they don't want to give us overtime, so they rely relentlessly on the managers to pick up the slack. But I don't feel to bad, because of our managers are over paid anyways and the hardest I ever see them all work is trying to make the coffee work....just sayin

• Banned

Obama have a magic wand?

Its called passing it on to consumers...what planet have you lived on....do us all a favor, stop stop stop defending Wall Street and corporate america...these people don't need idiots like you taking up their causes....they're all making money, all of them and we all know it. My effin job, got rid of lot of hard working people after this banking crisis a few years ago and made all of us do double the work....meanwhile their profits hit the roof!!

It will be to the guys getting less hours and less money because the government once again is trying to "help" them.

Obama have a magic wand?

Its called passing it on to consumers...what planet have you lived on....do us all a favor, stop stop stop defending Wall Street and corporate america...these people don't need idiots like you taking up their causes....they're all making money, all of them and we all know it. My effin job, got rid of lot of hard working people after this banking crisis a few years ago and made all of us do double the work....meanwhile their profits hit the roof!!

And with this new ruling you will be doing more work...if you still have a job....congratulations......

They will just hire less help.

You gotta be a blonde...hire less people????? Think about i

It will be to the guys getting less hours and less money because the government once again is trying to "help" them.

Once again, you morons are missing the point......Managers and salary employees are doing much greater hours than what they should and not being compensated for it. This is due to the greed of most business's who cut their work forces in half and expected those left to pick up the slack and its been working real well for them for a very long time, especially after the big crash of 08. Meanwhile, their profits have soured, we all see the stock market margins, they're making a killing and CEO bonuses haven't changed, now have they? They'll either hire more people or respect a 40 hour work week and pay OT if needed. Bottom line, consumers will pick up the tab, we always do!!

Obama have a magic wand?

And with this new ruling you will be doing more work...if you still have a job....congratulations......

(sigh), do you morons want to hold a bake sale for CEO's around the country? I mean, these poor souls really need you rallying for the bottom line or or or could this be once again, the black guy hate fest starting up!!

Obama have a magic wand?

passing it on to the consumer....

$10 for a gallon of milk?

$12 for a loaf of bread?

$15 for a gallon of gas?

Sorry, bud.

My pensions don't cover those prices.

Obama have a magic wand?

(sigh), do you morons want to hold a bake sale for CEO's around the country? I mean, these poor souls really need you rallying for the bottom line or or or could this be once again, the black guy hate fest starting up!!
Speaking of morons you do know the vast majority of workers are not emloyed by large corps,so your rant is rather hollow

Once again, you morons are missing the point......Managers and salary employees are doing much greater hours than what they should and not being compensated for it. This is due to the greed of most business's who cut their work forces in half and expected those left to pick up the slack and its been working real well for them for a very long time, especially after the big crash of 08. Meanwhile, their profits have soured, we all see the stock market margins, they're making a killing and CEO bonuses haven't changed, now have they? They'll either hire more people or respect a 40 hour work week and pay OT if needed. Bottom line, consumers will pick up the tab, we always do!!

Dipshit. When corporations compensated for the loss they were going to take due to the ACA... First thing they did was establish a hiring/ OT/wage freeze. Then they phased out all temps. Then finally sold off call centers to businesses that shipped jobs over seas. As much as you wish it....They aren't going to take a loss because of this Obama OT BS.

Dipshit. When corporations compensated for the loss they were going to take due to the ACA... First thing they did was establish a hiring/ OT/wage freeze. Then they phased out all temps. Then finally sold off call centers to businesses that shipped jobs over seas. As much as you wish it....They aren't going to take a loss because of this Obama OT BS.

Loss my big black ass. Listen, look at the market, stocks have soured...as a matter of record, they've made more money under Obama than in any time in our nations history, that is fact. Consumer demand is what caused those hiring freezes, had nothing to do with thier bottom line, CEO pay only increased, another fact. Don't ever think corporations lose money. Even when they ship jobs overseas, US tax payers foot the bill for that too, through tax incentives given by the feds....and this comment :As much as you wish it....They aren't going to take a loss because of this Obama OT BS???? I'm the one saying that..duh...clearly your blonde!!

Obama have a magic wand?

Speaking of morons you do know the vast majority of workers are not emloyed by large corps,so your rant is rather hollow

Seriously? I'm all about Small Business's being the back bone of our nations economy. I get it.....but if you ever ever do a study on small business's, you'll find these aren't the mom and pop venues compaign ingrates champion about, a lot of these so called SB are really LLC venues chipped off by huge corporations, as a matter of fact, you should read this article...
How 8,500 large companies will become small businesses overnight

They are making managers work more overtime?

Didn't you just say that managers do nothing but drink coffee? How is that overworked?

Forum List

Back