J. D. Vance Adds No Value to the GOP Ticket, But Maybe Trump Wanted a True Successor Who Would Carry on His Policies

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
I think Trump has hurt his chance to win by choosing J. D. Vance. Vance brings Trump no voters he didn't already have. Vance does not appeal to many independents and centrist Democrats, if any. In terms of improving his chance to win, Trump should have chosen Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, or Tim Scott.

But, maybe Trump's main concern was choosing a VP who would actually carry on his policies if he died in office. Haley, Rubio, and Scott would have carried on about 60-70% of Trump's policies. Vance would probably carry on at least 90% of them, if not all of them.

If I had been advising Trump, I would have urged him to pick Haley, Rubio, or Scott, in that order, and I would have told him that Vance would be his worst pick in terms of adding value to the ticket.

I can understand Trump's desire to choose a running mate who would carry on his policies, but Haley, Rubio, and Scott would have carried on the majority of Trump's policies and would have added substantial value to the ticket.

I think Trump has hurt his chance to win by choosing J. D. Vance. Vance brings Trump no voters he didn't already have. Vance does not appeal to many independents and centrist Democrats, if any. In terms of improving his chance to win, Trump should have chosen Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, or Tim Scott.

But, maybe Trump's main concern was choosing a VP who would actually carry on his policies if he died in office. Haley, Rubio, and Scott would have carried on about 60-70% of Trump's policies. Vance would probably carry on at least 90% of them, if not all of them.

If I had been advising Trump, I would have urged him to pick Haley, Rubio, or Scott, in that order, and I would have told him that Vance would be his worst pick in terms of adding value to the ticket.

I can understand Trump's desire to choose a running mate who would carry on his policies, but Haley, Rubio, and Scott would have carried on the majority of Trump's policies and would have added substantial value to the ticket.

Everyone knew this but someone convinced his son that Vance was the best choice.

If he chose Gabbard he pisses off many but he wins without question. She is intelligent, former military and knows how to calmly paint the challenges America faces. Rubio and Scott would also help reach out to Independents.

In my opinion Vance is the kind of guy he should have considered for his administration to give him a profile and build himself up for 2028 or something if he had a chance.

Perhaps Trump was intoxicated by the tech people who threw money at him.

Oh well, Trump knows best I guess. If you don't believe me just ask him yourself! Vance is competent, but you need to win elections first before his position becomes meaningful.

Keep in mind that millions of democrats are also hillbillies. They relate more to JD Vance than to K. Harris.

With Vance he may not get more votes, but he doesn’t lose any of the voters he already has. If he chose a more moderate VP option, he runs the risk of losing just as many voters as he gains.

Forum List

Back