Jan. 6 Rioter Arrested For Fatal DUI Crash

Sure there was, there was a concerted effort to stop Congress from certifying the election.

Which wouldn't have overturned the existing government. Which didn't prevent the election results from being certified, nor did it delay the new government from being signed in by a single second.

None of the lawmakers were even touched, and the only directly linkable death was an unarmed person shot by law enforcement.

Which wouldn't have overturned the existing government.

Which is not the point of an insurrection, that would be a rebellion.

None of the lawmakers were even touched, and the only directly linkable death was an unarmed person shot by law enforcement.

Yes, none of the lawmakers were even touched, in part thanks to the law enforcement shooting that person.

Sure there was, there was a concerted effort to stop Congress from certifying the election.
Your tent needed to redefine the word, GG. The FBI couldn't go along with it.
Maybe the democrats should have done a Hamilton musical theatrics to drive home the point.
But, if they had done that, you know it all was bullshit.......oh wait...

Your tent needed to redefine the word, GG. The FBI couldn't go along with it.

I do not have a tent, and the Govt is going after the charges they know they can make stick.

I like to compare it to Al Capone going down on tax charges.

damn, talk about missing the point of a post.
The guy is so wrong also. If someone was to review all of my posts on this site they would have a very hard time finding where I have typed or mentioned the word personally. If found it would be part of an article in quotes.

You can't call an Indian an Indian anymore and Black people are now African Americans. Illegal aliens are "migrants" but when a republican attends a four hour demonstration, he/she will be forever defined as a "rioter". Lefties love labels as long as they can use them for political advantage.

Which is not the point of an insurrection, that would be a rebellion.

Yes, none of the lawmakers were even touched, in part thanks to the law enforcement shooting that person.

Insurrection is rebellion, six of one, 1/2 dozen of the others.

No evidence at all that was the case.

Would be a stronger argument if more people were shot, but only 1 makes me think the guy just popped off because he sucks as a cop.

You can't call an Indian an Indian anymore and Black people are now African Americans. Illegal aliens are "migrants" but when a republican attends a four hour demonstration, he/she will be forever defined as a "rioter". Lefties love labels as long as they can use them for political advantage.

To be fair anyone who forced their way in was a rioter, anyone who walked in without violence was a trespasser, and anyone who just stayed outside was a protester.

Of course the left lumps all of them (and anyone not there supporting their right to protest) as an insurrectionist/terrorist.

Ted just left her to drown, he had a reputation to protect.
The AG tossed back a few cocktails, got in his car, drove home, looked up right wing conspiracy theories while driving…

…then drive into a pedestrian killing him.

And went home and went to bed.

This occurred last year and he’s still the AG.

Ted has been dead for a decade.

Insurrection is rebellion, six of one, 1/2 dozen of the others.

No, not really true. An insurrection is a more targeted event meant to change something within the government but not overthrow it totally. The Boston Tea Party was an act of insurrection

Of course the left lumps all of them (and anyone not there supporting their right to protest) as an insurrectionist/terrorist.

Yes, the left does to that. I do not. I think most just got caught up in the moment, and most never went in the building

No, not really true. An insurrection is a more targeted event meant to change something within the government but not overthrow it totally. The Boston Tea Party was an act of insurrection

Yes, the left does to that. I do not. I think most just got caught up in the moment, and most never went in the building

Talk about splitting hairs. It's the same damn thing.

Talk about splitting hairs. It's the same damn thing.

Not even close to the same thing. Was the Boston Tea Party an attempt to overthrow the government or just change the taxes?

Harpers Ferry was an insurrection, they were not trying to overthrow the entire US government

There was no way they could ever have stopped the certification. Even Pence could not have stopped it if he had wanted to, laws are in place to make sure our elections of elected Presidents is not interrupted. Really ignorant people believe that it could have been stopped, rioters and others. Our Democracy was never at risk.

There was no way they could ever have stopped the certification. Even Pence could not have stopped it if he had wanted to, laws are in place to make sure our elections of elected Presidents is not interrupted. Really ignorant people believe that it could have been stopped, rioters and others. Our Democracy was never at risk.

I agree that our Democracy was never at risk (other than the risk caused by the people pushing the big lie, but that is for another thread), but the fact they could no succeed does not change their intent. If I try and rob my local bank using a squirt gun meaning I could not succeed, does not change my intent.

Not even close to the same thing. Was the Boston Tea Party an attempt to overthrow the government or just change the taxes?

Harpers Ferry was an insurrection, they were not trying to overthrow the entire US government
It was an act of vandalism at it's core, which led to countermeasures by the British. It didn't do anything to impact the actual system of taxes, nor prevent the actual tax collectors from doing their jobs.

From wikipedia:

The label "raid" was not used at the time. A month after the attack, a Baltimore newspaper listed 26 terms used, including "insurrection", "rebellion", "treason", and "crusade". "Raid" was not among them.[3]: 4 

Seems to be a lot of interchangeability there. Considering he wanted a country wide slave revolt, rebellion doesn't seem too far off.

He was also as nutty as snickers bar, despite his laudable abolitionist leanings.

I agree that our Democracy was never at risk (other than the risk caused by the people pushing the big lie, but that is for another thread), but the fact they could no succeed does not change their intent. If I try and rob my local bank using a squirt gun meaning I could not succeed, does not change my intent.

If you don't actually succeed at robbing the bank the most you would be charged with is menacing, and more probably you would be put under observation.

For your comparison to work the robber would have to declare he was using a squirt gun to attempt the robbery, and more importantly, believe a squirt gun will work when robbing the bank.

You say she's a "insurrectionist", and the headline from Raw Story calls her a "rioter". :auiqs.jpg:
One of you is right, and it ain't you. :eusa_whistle:
Um...retard?

The story calls her a rioter AND an insurrectionist. The OP was merely quoting the story.

Forum List

Back