Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

Anyone who watches a Jane Fonda ( while knowing the traitor she is ) movie is in the same book as Mel Gibson - the anti semite who praises nazis and wishes they had killed more Jews.
So, Jane Fonda is basically a Nazi because she protested the Vietnam War?

That is quite a stretch of the imagination junior...... :cuckoo: :lol:

Vietnam made LBJ and his family a very wealthy man. And of course everyone associated with Brown and Root.

Democrat war costing so many lives.

What a disgrace she is to the Fonda name.

Anyone who watches a Jane Fonda ( while knowing the traitor she is ) movie is in the same book as Mel Gibson - the anti semite who praises nazis and wishes they had killed more Jews.

She didn't just protest it, she used her celebrity status to participate in it.

we jumped for joy​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FibDxpkb0]Lyndon Johnson - Remarks on Decision to not seek Reelection - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:

Nazis, Communists, Islamists with imperialistic ambitions to rule the world? All in the same book to me, Sunni man. All in the same book. All cut from the same cloth. - Jeri

I find it interesting that the Christian Right joins in on the bashing of Jane Fonda, in spite of the fact that Jane is now, and has been for several years, a "born again Christian". Aparantly, Christ's teachings do not apply to those with a history of "incorrect politics".

I find it interesting that the Christian Right joins in on the bashing of Jane Fonda, in spite of the fact that Jane is now, and has been for several years, a "born again Christian". Aparantly, Christ's teachings do not apply to those with a history of "incorrect politics".

If she wants to continue to promote herself by way of political controversy...she can reap the benefits as well as the negativity and the protest of the people. No one is forcing her to make a political movie. And she promoted "protest" once upon a time...yes? She just needs to suck it up.

Last edited:
Blue,
I am sure that Jane will consider your opinion on her very carefully, before she makes another personal career decision.

Oh...don't worry her motives are very clear on this. She said it herself.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Fonda said of her casting: “If it creates hoopla, it will cause more people to see the movie… I figured it would tweak the right. Who cares?”

She is all about riding this Vietnam controversy to the end. Apparently the Vets arent the only ones who need to "get a Life". ;)

Last edited:
Jane Fonda is trying to create controversy hoping that her movie will be something more than the bomb it will be.

The Butler doesn't need a boycott, no one is going to see it anyway. It will go the way of all the rest of Hollywood's political statement movies. There will be a limited run and go straight to DVD.

The outrage ought to be the fact that FONDA got away with it because she was a rich kid with a rich daddy.

I had friends go prison for refusing the draft.

Now those people were truly heroic.

Kind of goes with the fact that Fonda thinks she deserves respect for just being famous (by being born to it)...but Vets deserve none for their service of this country...which was much more valuable infact. Which is just typical thinking of the out of touch idiots in Hollywood. She is trash.

What in Christ's teachings say that Jane was not a traitor to this country? Yes, we are suppose to forgive, but that doesn't mean we forget, or that the guilty are never punished. When your child does something wrong to you just forgive and forget? Or do you punish your child and then forgive and forget? Jane was never ever punished for her actions. I can forgive them, but I can't forget them and it's difficult to forgive when she's never ever been punished. If she were really truly contrite it would be a different matter but it's obvious she feels no shame and her apology wasn't sincere. Not when she says "get a life" to those who want to boycott her. What she should be saying is, "I'm sorry to have put you through that and it won't ever happen again." And she should say that each and every time a Vietnam vet speaks out against her.

Jane Fonda is trying to create controversy hoping that her movie will be something more than the bomb it will be.

The Butler doesn't need a boycott, no one is going to see it anyway. It will go the way of all the rest of Hollywood's political statement movies. There will be a limited run and go straight to DVD.

I didn't know Obama produced DVD's

Blue,
I am sure that Jane will consider your opinion on her very carefully, before she makes another personal career decision.

Oh...don't worry her motives are very clear on this. She said it herself.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Fonda said of her casting: “If it creates hoopla, it will cause more people to see the movie… I figured it would tweak the right. Who cares?”

She is all about riding this Vietnam controversy to the end. Apparently the Vets arent the only ones who need to "get a Life". ;)

yes Reagan fans are up in arms about this - so they need a life to

If Jane Fonda is a born again Christian she missed the first step. Repentance and restitution. She owes the American people AND the Americans who fought in the Vietnam war a huge apology but first she will have to admit she did something wrong.

Get a life doesn't quite cut it. - Jeri

Forum List

Back