....January 6th Coverage begets a Pulitzer Prize....

"I don't read leftist rag garbage."

OK, we each march to different drums; however.......
...however, your comment begs the question: What does the good poster Trout read to stay informed?

I ask so that folks here can have a source that is, in your opinion, better than the Washington Post.
Offering us your reading advice could serve, some might say, as a community service. An attempt to help the forum be a better place for adult discussion.

• I don't pay to get news. Especially from a corrupt and obviously biased tabloid like the WAPO.
  • Perhaps your time would be better spent rereading the posting rules. Particularly the portions about editing other peoples posts within the quote box.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. Good to know.

Nonetheless, it still leaves the forum with the question that if the Washington Post is a "biased tabloid"
(ps...it ain't a 'tabloid'. But no harm there. Lotsa people don't know the difference between tabloids and broadsheets.)

Anyway, the question remains good poster Tex, what sources would you recommend the forum read in order to stay as informed as, well, as you?

I'm sure, by now, most here have seen the reportage on the Washington Post earning a Pulitzer prize for their coverage of the January 6th attack on our Democracy.

I read all of their reporting, and studied their maps and illustrations.
It is good stuff and I would highly recommend it to all participants here for a measured and fulsome (at that time) explanation of what happened during those dynamic hours.

Also, of note the New York Times also won a Pulitzer today.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK — The Washington Post won the Pulitzer Prize in public service journalism Monday for its coverage of the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, an attack on democracy that was a shocking start to a tumultuous year that also saw the end of the United States’ longest war, in Afghanistan.

The Post’s extensive reporting, published in a sophisticated interactive series, found numerous problems and failures in political systems and security before, during and after the Jan. 6, 2021, riot in the newspaper’s own backyard.

Left wing nuts applauding left wing nuts, isn't that special.

Does it give you warm fuzzes? I'm more worried about inflation, supply chain issues, the economy, the real thing that makes life better. You know the issue that wins and loses more elections, the economy.

"Left wing nuts applauding left wing nuts, isn't that special."

Well, the good poster Papageorgio calls the Pulitzer jury and the Washington Post "left wing nuts".
At least I'm fairly sure that is who he is referring to in the above pulled quote.

Which leaves the forum with an obvious question.....that if the Washington Post management and reporters are left wing nuts, well then, who would poster Papageorgio recommend as a reading source so that others on this venue can be better informed?

ps....lastly, can we ask the good poster if he has actually read the Capitol Attack reportage that won the Post the Pulitzer?

If not......well, how valid can the opinion of the poster be?
No disrespect intended.

---------------------------------------------

I dunno, Welfare. There may be.
But that is not what the OP is about.
I'm disappointed in my avatar that he wasn't clearer in signaling that the thread topic would be about the Pulitzer awarded the Washington Post for their excellent (IMO) coverage of the attack by Trump supporters on the seat of our democratic governance, the Capitol of the United States on January 6th, 2021.

I don't mean to be condescending, Welfare, but.....but I would recommend you travel back up this thread to the OP (post #1).....and just check to see if my avatar was referring to the January 6th Attack reportage.....or reportage on Hunter Biden.

OK?

ps.....BTW, have you read the Post's reportage on the Attack event?
If you had, well, you would be unique among the media critics here who have offered their thoughtful ---albeit non-experienced, naive' ----opinions on the reportage.

Show us that you are better than them.

✌️ ;)

Thanks, but I would rather not respond to the fake media giving each other handjobs. :D

Whenever they aggressively cover anything embarrassing to Biden or the Dims let me know. :thup:

Memo to poster Welfare Queen: (the sequel)

"Have you read the Post's reportage on the Attack event?
If you had, well, you would be unique among the media critics here who have offered their thoughtful ---albeit non-experienced, naïve' ----opinions on the reportage.

Show us that you are better than them."

Well, the good poster Papageorgio calls the Pulitzer jury and the Washington Post "left wing nuts".
At least I'm fairly sure that is who he is referring to in the above pulled quote.

Which leaves the forum with an obvious question.....that if the Washington Post management and reporters are left wing nuts, well then, who would poster Papageorgio recommend as a reading source so that others on this venue can be better informed?

ps....lastly, can we ask the good poster if he has actually read the Capitol Attack reportage that won the Post the Pulitzer?

If not......well, how valid can the opinion of the poster be?
No disrespect intended.
Yes, I did.

"Yes, I did."

OK, that is a good thing. And a novel thing among others here who offer their opinion on the reportage.

So, after reading the Post's reportage on the January 6th attack......do you still believe it was written or edited by "left wing nuts"?
And I'm curious as to why or what descriptions in the reportage gave you the impression of left-wing bias?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. Good to know.

Nonetheless, it still leaves the forum with the question that if the Washington Post is a "biased tabloid"
(ps...it ain't a 'tabloid'. But no harm there. Lotsa people don't know the difference between tabloids and broadsheets.)

Anyway, the question remains good poster Tex, what sources would you recommend the forum read in order to stay as informed as, well, as you?

A tabloid is determined more by its content than format. And WAPO has proven itself to be biased and a pusher of commiecrat propaganda. Deal with it.

A tabloid is determined more by its content than format. And WAPO has proven itself to be biased and a pusher of commiecrat propaganda. Deal with it.
------------------------------------------

I haver no idea what 'commiecrat propaganda' is.
However, more importantly, if you have not taken the time or effort to read the actual reportage of the Trump supporter attack on the seat of U.S. democracy then.......well then.......how can you have an informed opinion on the suitability of the Pulitzer for the reportage?

Tex, don't be one of those 'All hat, no cows' cowboys. If you are gonna have an opinion then ground it in something more substantive than your 'feels'.
No disrespect intended.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps....

Size: Broadsheet refers to the most common newspaper format, which is typically around 15 inches wide to 20 or more inches long in the U.S.
Tabloid refers to a newspaper that typically measures 11 by 17 inches—smaller than a broadsheet—and is usually no more than five columns across.

Content: Broadsheets.
" In broadsheets, a reader can find in-depth, serious, and factual news reports that concern most, if not all, of the people living in a country.

The Washington Post (and the NYT, and the WSJ, and the LATimes, and the Chicago Trib)....are broadsheets.....not tabloids.

------------------------------------------

I haver no idea what 'commiecrat propaganda' is.
However, more importantly, if you have not taken the time or effort to read the actual reportage of the Trump supporter attack on the seat of U.S. democracy then.......well then.......how can you have an informed opinion on the suitability of the Pulitzer for the reportage?

Tex, don't be one of those 'All hat, no cows' cowboys. If you are gonna have an opinion then ground it in something more substantive than your 'feels'.

No disrespect intended.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps....

Size: Broadsheet refers to the most common newspaper format, which is typically around 15 inches wide to 20 or more inches long in the U.S.

Tabloid refers to a newspaper that typically measures 11 by 17 inches—smaller than a broadsheet—and is usually no more than five columns across.

Content: Broadsheets.
" In broadsheets, a reader can find in-depth, serious, and factual news reports that concern most, if not all, of the people living in a country.

The Washington Post (and the NYT, and the WSJ, and the LATimes, and the Chicago Trib)....are broadsheets.....not tabloids.

"I haver" ROFLMFAO

And the saying is "All hat, no cattle", I've never claimed to own a western hat or cattle. So carry on ignorant ass.

Forum List

Back