January Jobs report: ADP says payrolls down 300k, expectation was +200k…Biden admin blames OmicromN

Wait!!.... Biden tweeted saying 2021 was the biggest job growth in U.S. history!!!
This can't be true!!!

uh.... January 6th!!!

Using the data from here, these are the highest job growth years since 1939

1643894809331.png

Well ADP is a source you can trust as they have no dog in the race for political gain. Adp is just for payroll processing for companies so they see actual first hand data for companies big and small across the whole country. We used to use ADP for our companies time card processing for every employee.

And no omicron is not to blame. That's just the low hanging fruit on the excuse tree.

Using the data from here, these are the highest job growth years since 1939

View attachment 596442
Uh huh... as of early January we still had 4,000,000 less than the number working pre-covid.
You guys want to count the Covid job loss against Trump, but then want to pretend the job "gains" under Biden aren't simply people going back to work after Covid.
Again... 4,000,000 less people working Jan 1 2021, than Jan. 1 2019.

Well ADP is a source you can trust as they have no dog in the race for political gain. Adp is just for payroll processing for companies so they see actual first hand data for companies big and small across the whole country. We used to use ADP for our companies time card processing for every employee.

And no omicron is not to blame. That's just the low hanging fruit on the excuse tree.

My experience is that people quote ADP when it helps them politically, and attacks them when it does not.

Take last month for example, ADP said we added 807,000 while BLS said it was only 199,000 so all the right wingers on here ignored the ADP data and only harped on BLS.

Of course Biden has a scapegoat...

It's never his fault unless it's good news. Every bit of bad news is someone else fault.

What a moron if he thinks we are buying it.

Uh huh... as of early January we still had 4,000,000 less than the number working pre-covid.
You guys want to count the Covid job loss against Trump, but then want to pretend the job "gains" under Biden aren't simply people going back to work after Covid.
Again... 4,000,000 less people working Jan 1 2021, than Jan. 1 2019.

Yep, nobody lost jobs like Trump did, he is the king of job losses.

I am not pretending anything, if the economy does better it is in-spite of Biden, not because of him

Of course Biden has a scapegoat...

It's never his fault unless it's good news. Every bit of bad news is someone else fault.

What a moron if he thinks we are buying it.

How is this any different than any other president in the last 200 plus years?

Yep, nobody lost jobs like Trump did, he is the king of job losses.

I am not pretending anything, if the economy does better it is in-spite of Biden, not because of him
You just did it again. Removing Covid, Trump had REAL job gains in almost every sector. Minority employment at it's highest ever.
We were well on our way to a booming economy pre-Covid.
Covid losses is not Trumps losses.
Just like Post Covid rebounding is not Biden gains.
The United States will continue to be net job loss until employment matches Pre-Covid. All other claims are hype only

it's Not Really THAT Bad...
IF you Tilt it Just Right and Look at it in Just the Right Light.. :)

You just did it again. Removing Covid, Trump had REAL job gains in almost every sector. Minority employment at it's highest ever.
The United States will continue to be net job loss until employment matches Pre-Covid. All other claims are hype only

Trump was POTUS for 4 years, not 3. You do not get to ignore the parts you do not like of those 4 years. Those job losses took place on his watch, like it or not.

You are willing to give Trump a free pass due to COVID yet you are not willing to give Biden any such thing....why is that?

Both fucked up their responses to COIVD and the country is still paying the price.

Once again we agree on Biden, it is your Pollyanna view of Trump that makes me want to puke

How is this any different than any other president in the last 200 plus years?

Not a LOT...but several presidents over the years actually took the blame and owned it when they screwed up or felt like they were in a no win situation.

Most Presidents have been Politicians...and it's been a common failing for a purely democratic process....fleas come with the Dog.

However there have been times when we have had true LEADERSHIP in our political offices....

Newt Gingrich was a leader.... whether you liked his agenda or not he was a real leader. And we could use one of those right now instead of the political hacks we got.

When one takes into account WHERE those jobs have been created...it becomes really hard to make the argument that it's Biden who is creating the jobs! When the vast majority of new jobs are being created in States like Florida, Texas and Tennessee...places where people are moving to in droves to escape liberally controlled States like New York, Michigan and California...how can a liberal like Joe Biden claim those jobs as "his"? The real truth is they're being created because people are leaving areas that the left dominate because the quality of life there is declining.

Trump was POTUS for 4 years, not 3. You do not get to ignore the parts you do not like of those 4 years. Those job losses took place on his watch, like it or not.

You are willing to give Trump a free pass due to COVID yet you are not willing to give Biden any such thing....why is that?

Both fucked up their responses to COIVD and the country is still paying the price.

Once again we agree on Biden, it is your Pollyanna view of Trump that makes me want to puke
Just the opposite. Are you being obtuse?
I don't count the Covid losses against Trump. And i don't count the post Covid people returning as gains.
That is the exact opposite of what you are saying I am doing.

Not a LOT...but several presidents over the years actually took the blame and owned it when they screwed up or felt like they were in a no win situation.

The last one I recall doing this was Bush II and his "I am the decider" comment.

The 3 after that would not take blame for a thing

Just the opposite. Are you being obtuse?
I don't count the Covid losses against Trump. And i don't count the post Covid people returning as gains.
That is the exact opposite of what you are saying I am doing.

I do not care what you count them as, you give Trump a free pass for his job losses and bash Biden for not having recovered all those jobs yet. That makes you just a partisan hack.

When one takes into account WHERE those jobs have been created...it becomes really hard to make the argument that it's Biden who is creating the jobs! When the vast majority of new jobs are being created in States like Florida, Texas and Tennessee...places where people are moving to in droves to escape liberally controlled States like New York, Michigan and California...how can a liberal like Joe Biden claim those jobs as "his"? The real truth is they're being created because people are leaving areas that the left dominate because the quality of life there is declining.
As far as TN goes...
Our Governor may be a republican but he is definitely a politician owned fully by his financial supporters. (Whom he slavishly calls before making any decision on anything)

But it has stalled him from making any decisions that he has needed to as well. The TN government is basically MIA.

They used to be awesome...but currently are adrift somewhere out at sea.

But because of the vision of past Governors and State Legislators...those policies are still extremely popular and people and businesses have been moving here in droves. Housing market here has been tight long before Covid...we have kept labor shortages as SOP for a decade.

As I crunch numbers for a business proposal...I keep coming back to the whole labor issue. (It's unavailable)
Closed businesses and churches currently are the norm. (Too many people sick or quit and it doesn't happen today)

I do not care what you count them as, you give Trump a free pass for his job losses and bash Biden for not having recovered all those jobs yet. That makes you just a partisan hack.
You are seeing what you want to see, rather than what I am saying. Typical blind partisan.
I am offering no opinion at all. Just a fact.
The Pandemic would have caused job losses regardless of who is President. And besides that, it was each state governor who shut down their states - not Trump.
Biden can't count job "gains" that are not gains at all, just people finally going back to work. That is not a gain.

It's like you have a company with 200 employees. An unforeseen circumstance caused 80 of them to lose their jobs.
2 years go by, and the circumstance is over. But the company has only hired 50 back and the CEO tries to convince shareholders the business has record employment gains. Shareholders would obviously not buy it, and would obviously say "you haven't even returned back to where you were yet"

Forum List

Back