Jason Aldean on 'SNL' pays tribute to Las Vegas shooting victims, Tom Petty

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Ironically, SNL has been one of the most divisive shows on the planet, using it so-called comedy show to attack GOP candidates while their audience hee hawed, lapped it up in their "Im With Her" t-shirts and planned of ways to join the resistance.

SNL used to be funny and hardly partisan, but that was a long time ago.

Country star Jason Aldean started off “Saturday Night Live” by taking the stage to pay tribute to the victims of the Las Vegas massacre and late rocker Tom Petty.

Aldean performed Petty's "I Won't Back Down" during the live opening Saturday night and addressed the deadly shooting that killed 58 people in a message to the audience and viewers.

"This week we witnessed one of the worst tragedies in American history," Aldean said. "So many people are hurting. You can be sure that we are going to walk through these tough times together every step of the way."

Las Vegas and Tom Petty? Jesus, how many bodies can a man step over at one time? :lol:

Well done by him...tho it sounds like he had a little trouble with the song, hitting the notes-wise.

I thought SNL hit just the right note with that cold open. Like they did with McKinnon as Clinton singing Hallelujah after her defeat. Just right, no other words necessary.

Well done by him...tho it sounds like he had a little trouble with the song, hitting the notes-wise.
Did you see the Weekend Update? Great gun control spot. Those two guys really are funny. Usually the best part of the show.

Ironically, SNL has been one of the most divisive shows on the planet, using it so-called comedy show to attack GOP candidates while their audience hee hawed, lapped it up in their "Im With Her" t-shirts and planned of ways to join the resistance.

Country star Jason Aldean started off “Saturday Night Live” by taking the stage to pay tribute to the victims of the Las Vegas massacre and late rocker Tom Petty.

Aldean performed Petty's "I Won't Back Down" during the live opening Saturday night and addressed the deadly shooting that killed 58 people in a message to the audience and viewers.

"This week we witnessed one of the worst tragedies in American history," Aldean said. "So many people are hurting. You can be sure that we are going to walk through these tough times together every step of the way."
They left Trump alone this week, too, except for a glancing mention about the paper towel throwing. It was refreshing. I'm sick of hearing about him, sick of seeing Alec Baldwin pucker up and say unfunny lines. Maybe I'm beyond finding the Pres funny, or maybe I'm just done with our media attention being 100% Trump centered.

I've read that a few shows that Jason was supposed to do after that night in Vegas were cancelled with no intention of being rescheduled. Then he goes and does a song like "I Won't Back Down"? To me, if the guy can't practice, what room does he have to do such preaching?

God bless you and the fans of his who were cheated out of getting to see him always!!!

Holly

Walk through these tough times together. ....

That's some wishful thinking, right there.

Walk through these tough times together. ....

That's some wishful thinking, right there.

Aldean crosses to the dark side and he expects his fans to follow?

Together my ass.

Fascinating.....now the trumpanzees attack J. Aldean......why exactly?

Forum List

Back