Jeb replies, "Stuff Happens..." to Oregon shooting

Does anyone recall a Republican saying "Stuff happens" after 9/11? No, and they reacted by creating multiple wars and actions that cost trillions of dollars. You can bet big money that if this kid in Oregon had been a Muslim and was acting on behalf of a foreign entity Jeb Bush would not have said "Stuff happens".
But this event didn't involve terrorism, so it's not worthy of consideration because "Stuff happens".
In conservative speak, "Stuff happens" is we don't have to consider laws and actions that would actually answer the problem and protect people against violence.

Oh really ? What laws and actions would protect people from violence? ( excluding the ones we already have of course )

Yes, really. We need to have a conversation about that, not merely a talking point that if we had more guns we wouldn't have a problem. We need to wipe those 25,000 laws off the books and build a system of laws that everyone agrees with.

Does anyone recall a Republican saying "Stuff happens" after 9/11? No, and they reacted by creating multiple wars and actions that cost trillions of dollars. You can bet big money that if this kid in Oregon had been a Muslim and was acting on behalf of a foreign entity Jeb Bush would not have said "Stuff happens".
But this event didn't involve terrorism, so it's not worthy of consideration because "Stuff happens".
In conservative speak, "Stuff happens" is we don't have to consider laws and actions that would actually answer the problem and protect people against violence.

and weekly we see multiple shootings in Chicago, Detroit, LA, etc....

and the actions of the governors, the DOJ, and the Oval Office are 'shit happens'.

They want to focus on the gun, which is all but impossible to do anything about,

instead of mental health issues, gang issues, poverty issues...

Try doing something about those issues.

Yes! Go bury your kid and move on isn't working for me.

and the actions of the governors, the DOJ, and the Oval Office are 'shit happens'.

They want to focus on the gun, which is all but impossible to do anything about,

Ever swing a hammer and hit your thumb?

Did you blame the hammer?

Just went to cnn.com and read more about the Oregon shooting in the headline. Then to FOXnews.com and I couldn't even find the Oregon shooting......

OUT OF SIGHT.....OUT OF MIND. The GOP is hoping that everyone will forget about this an go along with their lives....until the next school mass shooting.

Yes I did and if I recall correctly, I cursed everything within eyesight and more. So it was odd to me to witness not a single person in the Congress of the United States to come out and condemn what happened in Oregon.

What remarkable bravery to be able to stay silent. I would almost be in awe were it not for the fact that they are all covered in cowardice.

Yes I did and if I recall correctly, I cursed everything within eyesight and more. So it was odd to me to witness not a single person in the Congress of the United States to come out and condemn what happened in Oregon.

What remarkable bravery to be able to stay silent. I would almost be in awe were it not for the fact that they are all covered in cowardice.

So it was odd to me to witness not a single person in the Congress of the United States to come out and condemn what happened in Oregon.

well, that means one of two things.

You need to stop watching MSNBC, and view a more moderate news source.

Or....

You need to pull your head out of your ass.

oops, third choice.

they mentioned it, but didn't condemn it to your satisfaction.

Took me about 20 seconds, and that included doing a google search for the website.

Names of Oregon victims released, range in age from 18 to 67

No Longer a Headline for Fox.....just an afterthought.....

Bummer

Their headlines are about things happening today, not 2 days ago....

They aren't dwelling on it 24/7 for a month.

How can they possibly call themselves a news station?

and that's probably the first time in a decade I've looked at their site.

I look at MSNBC about as often.

So it was odd to me to witness not a single person in the Congress of the United States to come out and condemn what happened in Oregon.

well, that means one of two things.

You need to stop watching MSNBC, and view a more moderate news source.

Or....

You need to pull your head out of your ass.

oops, third choice.

they mentioned it, but didn't condemn it to your satisfaction.

Okay smart guy how about a link?

Does the op realize Obama yesterday said he was going to politize this shooting? He is a piece of shit.

Yes, it needs to be politicized. Maybe the do nothing GOP Congress will allow debate on a solution. But if they do, the NRA might stop sending them checks.

Does the op realize Obama yesterday said he was going to politize this shooting? He is a piece of shit.

Yes, it needs to be politicized. Maybe the do nothing GOP Congress will allow debate on a solution. But if they do, the NRA might stop sending them checks.
It's okay for a liberal to politize a tragedy, but if Bush mentioned 911 liberals shit all over themselves for politizing it. Liberals are a hoot.

Jeb's gaff about blacks are not going to get more free stuff when he is elected, was bad enough. I don't think that Bush is going to recover from this remark. He makes Biden's gaffs seem almost endearing, in comparison.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...to-oregon-shooting/?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Just another day for the GOP as it continues to block any conversation on gun violence. Jeb is just another Repub. mouthpiece for the NRA.

The GOP has No Shame!

Very interesting. ~20 years ago an episode of "The West Wing" had a governor of Florida challenging the President for re-election who during a private conversation said of a Secret Service agent being shot and killed nearby that very night, "Crime: Boy I dunno." to which the President finally responds, "In case you were wondering, 'Crime boy I dunno' is when I decided to kick your ass."

Forum List

Back