Jebya Bush's folly

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
Now that the GOP establishment is wielding its power in favor of their darling Rafael Cruz, Jeb must be feeling pretty stupid for dropping out so early. If he had known that the establishment would fight for a brokered convention where the popular vote and delegate count are irrelevant, no way would he have dropped out. He'd likely be considered the frontrunner by now.

Then again, if he hasn't pissed off enough people with his embarrassing showing, I suppose there's a chance he can beat out Romney or Paul Ryan for the eventual nomination if Trump doesn't reach 1237.

It's not true. The establishment hates Cruz as much as they hate Trump. Cruz is just a tool to keep Trump from getting enough delegates to clinch the nom. If not for support for Cruz there would be no chance for a brokered convention where Jebbie can be trotted out.

Then that's the end of the Republican party permanently.

The establishment isn't doing anything in favor of Cruz. They are purely on anti-Trump mode. I don't believe the establishment has any interest in a Cruz candidacy. They are merely using him as a tool. Cruz is dumb enough to think he's popular now. And the establishment is dumb enough to think they can control a forest fire.

• Banned
It's not true. The establishment hates Cruz as much as they hate Trump. Cruz is just a tool to keep Trump from getting enough delegates to clinch the nom. If not for support for Cruz there would be no chance for a brokered convention where Jebbie can be trotted out.

The entire weight of the establishment is now behind Cruz. And has been for a while, even when Rubio was still in the running. Cruz was polling pathetically low at the beginning of this whole thing. When the establishment saw Trump running away with it, all of a sudden Fox News and conservative talk radio immediately turned on him. The only medium that stayed true was the internet, because the establishment cannot control them.

You think it's a coincidence? If so, I have some oceanfront property in Oklahoma to sell you.

• Banned
The establishment isn't doing anything in favor of Cruz. They are purely on anti-Trump mode. I don't believe the establishment has any interest in a Cruz candidacy. They are merely using him as a tool. Cruz is dumb enough to think he's popular now. And the establishment is dumb enough to think they can control a forest fire.
Possibly. If so then Dubya did more damage to their machine than I thought.

Now that the GOP establishment is wielding its power in favor of their darling Rafael Cruz, Jeb must be feeling pretty stupid for dropping out so early. If he had known that the establishment would fight for a brokered convention where the popular vote and delegate count are irrelevant, no way would he have dropped out. He'd likely be considered the frontrunner by now.

Then again, if he hasn't pissed off enough people with his embarrassing showing, I suppose there's a chance he can beat out Romney or Paul Ryan for the eventual nomination if Trump doesn't reach 1237.
Meanwhile, the candidate with the most delegates and the one the Democrats are most worried about gets fucked out of the nomination.

• Banned

Meanwhile, the candidate with the most delegates and the one the Democrats are most worried about gets fucked out of the nomination.
Which Democrat has the most delegates?

The entire weight of the establishment is now behind Cruz. And has been for a while, even when Rubio was still in the running. Cruz was polling pathetically low at the beginning of this whole thing. When the establishment saw Trump running away with it, all of a sudden Fox News and conservative talk radio immediately turned on him. The only medium that stayed true was the internet, because the establishment cannot control them.

You think it's a coincidence? If so, I have some oceanfront property in Oklahoma to sell you.
I always thought in a 2 paragraph theme, the paragraphs had to support the topic sentence....but I guess not.

Advice from democrats not withstanding it's clear that republicans (and democrats) had their fill of the Bush dynasty. Jeb's ticket (like Kasich) could only be punched in his home state and he did the right thing by dropping out. Maybe Kasich underestimates the intelligence of republican voters but few republicans will support a candidate who gets the nomination in a power grab.

Actually, Trump made Bush look like he was the before picture in an erectile dysfunction ad. He was spending a ton of cash and getting nothing for it, I don't think he'd have many donors to carry him through and his reputation was going further down the toilet. I don't think he had a choice but to drop out.

I always thought in a 2 paragraph theme, the paragraphs had to support the topic sentence....but I guess not.
The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

Clinton.

Clinton.
Damn right

Clinton.
Damn right
What's your point, OS?

Clinton.
Damn right
What's your point, OS?
That Sander's will lose. What's your point?

Clinton.
Damn right
What's your point, OS?
That Sander's will lose. What's your point?
I was talking about Trump, not Sanders.

Forum List

Back