🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jesus is Cool

I'm serious.
Me, too. It was against his religion to feed what he considered sinners.

isn't that what communion is supposed to be all about..??

Not much nutrition in those little wafers though.
I think they're pretty good. I'd buy them as snacks if they sold them at the store.

I haven't had one in something like 55 years but I guess, with enough sacramental wine, I could choke them down.

How about some nice brie and a spicy mustard ... ?

I'm serious.

So the purpose is to feed you?

Its not worth anything else.

And, did you read what I was replying to?

WTF do you care anyway? Unless you count Westboro, you're not a christian.

I'm serious.

I won't take communion.

I'm not Catholic but my wife is. My mother-in-law has passed, but I used to take her to Sunday mass when she visited. (My wife refused to attend.) I never liked the idea of taking a wafer from a stranger's hands, and drink from a cup 100 other people drank from.

I'm serious.

I won't take communion.

I'm not Catholic but my wife is. My mother-in-law has passed, but I used to take her to Sunday mass when she visited. (My wife refused to attend.) I never liked the idea of taking a wafer from a stranger's hands, and drink from a cup 100 other people drank from.

that was very nice of you to take her mom... but she refused to attend? <--- :slap: (no offense)

Everyone is wrong at some point. The beauty of the gospel is that through Christ we can correct ourselves

I'm serious.

So the purpose is to feed you?

Its not worth anything else.

And, did you read what I was replying to?

WTF do you care anyway? Unless you count Westboro, you're not a christian.

You're not worth anything else. The wafer serves more of a purpose than you could in a hundred lifetimes Lugnut.

A wafer.

Unless you're God, you don't get to decide asshole. I thought people like you said we shouldn't judge others. Guess that only applies to the other guy.

I'm serious.

I think they're pretty good. I'd buy them as snacks if they sold them at the store.

I haven't had one in something like 55 years but I guess, with enough sacramental wine, I could choke them down.

Maybe you'll just choke.

You could wipe some of that shit off your nose where you pulled it out of your ass.

I'm serious.

I dated a Methodist once and her church dipped hawaiian bread in grape juice for communion.

THAT is DELICIOUS! Every once in a while I add it to my grocery list.

I'm serious.

I am not so sure that's true, Ravi. First of all, there are problems with almost all of the Bible verses that have been translated into English as being anti-homosexual. We all know what they are and, no, I am not going to go through it all again. Everyone knows there is still argument over correct translations. One would assume that Jesus would know the correct interpretation but apparently He never said a word about it to provide us with any clarity.

Jesus would often go against the standard beliefs of the day as well. How many times do the scriptures have Jesus saying "I know you have heard that but I tell you this". "I know it is written that but I tell you this"? How many times does Jesus argue with the Pharisees and Sadducees about interpretation? How many times does he tell them that they misunderstood? A lot....quite a lot actually.

So Jesus had a tendency to disagree with standard theological thought, He never took a stance on the issue of homosexuality (or if He did it was never recorded) so we really have no idea what His position was.

HOWEVER, Jesus also surrounded Himself with and ministered to sinners and He taught us to love them just like everyone else. So first...Jesus surrounded Himself with sinners because they were the people that needed salvation. There's no mention that He surrounded Himself with homosexuals in order to save them from their sin? He ministered to everyone else that was sinning. Why not homosexuals? Does it mean that He never ran into any? Pfft...hardly. Does it mean that perhaps He never ministered to them because He did not view it as a sin and therefore, they were doing nothing that required forgiveness and His ministry? It's an interesting argument. He ministered to every other category of sinner but never to homosexuals. Why? Is it that they were beyond saving? That doesn't jive because Jesus said everyone can be saved. Or is it because they have done nothing that requires saving? Who knows? Scripture doesn't tell us.

What scripture does tell us is that Jesus said that, aside from loving God, the most important commandment was to treat everyone else, even your enemies, as you would treat yourself. Thus, the message I learn from Jesus is to love everyone, allow people to do as they will and God Himself will determine if that is a problem...that is between them and God, and let people walk their own path though life.

It is my personal belief as a Christian (and as a Republican BTW) that Christians should stop attacking homosexuals because Jesus taught us to love everyone, even those who hate us. Christians should stop being intolerant of homosexuality, because Jesus said that God is the only one with the authority to pass judgment. And Christians should worry more about their own sins and their own salvation than those of others because Jesus told us to remove the log from our own eye before we try to remove the splinter from another's. In other words, Jesus said 'look mother fucker. Until you are blameless and perfect with God, shut the fuck up and worry about your own defects rather than those of others'.

So there we go. I have had my say/tantrum/whatever you wish to call it. Personally, as a Christian....I speculate that Jesus would welcome a homosexual into His presence and give him the love of God just like every other person He encountered.

Ok I am done lecturing. :lol: You know how I get when I get fired up.

Last edited:
It could be said that living the example of pointing to the truth is cool. Lao Tzu, Gautama, and Jesus rank.

john-dominis-actor-ted-neeley-with-others-in-scene-from-film-jesus-christ-superstar.jpg

How cool is this...pretty cool i'd say

Jesus could tell the funniest joke in the universe and play guitar better than Hendrix..if he wanted to..how cool is that !
It could be said that living the example of pointing to the truth is cool. Lao Tzu, Gautama, and Jesus rank.

If we could only do that. Few can. I try but I fail. I am just as weak in some things as others are in other areas. I do agree with Lao-Tzu though that I would rather be happy slithering through the mud than dead on the Emperor's wall though. Lao-Tzu was awesome

I'm serious.

I am not so sure that's true, Ravi. First of all, there are problems with almost all of the Bible verses that have been translated into English as being anti-homosexual. We all know what they are and, no, I am not going to go through it all again. Everyone knows there is still argument over correct translations. One would assume that Jesus would know the correct interpretation but apparently He never said a word about it to provide us with any clarity.

Jesus would often go against the standard beliefs of the day as well. How many times do the scriptures have Jesus saying "I know you have heard that but I tell you this". "I know it is written that but I tell you this"? How many times does Jesus argue with the Pharisees and Sadducees about interpretation? How many times does he tell them that they misunderstood? A lot....quite a lot actually.

So Jesus had a tendency to disagree with standard theological thought, He never took a stance on the issue of homosexuality (or if He did it was never recorded) so we really have no idea what His position was.

HOWEVER, Jesus also surrounded Himself with and ministered to sinners and He taught us to love them just like everyone else. So first...Jesus surrounded Himself with sinners because they were the people that needed salvation. There's no mention that He surrounded Himself with homosexuals in order to save them from their sin? He ministered to everyone else that was sinning. Why not homosexuals? Does it mean that He never ran into any? Pfft...hardly. Does it mean that perhaps He never ministered to them because He did not view it as a sin and therefore, they were doing nothing that required forgiveness and His ministry? It's an interesting argument. He ministered to every other category of sinner but never to homosexuals. Why? Is it that they were beyond saving? That doesn't jive because Jesus said everyone can be saved. Or is it because they have done nothing that requires saving? Who knows? Scripture doesn't tell us.

What scripture does tell us is that Jesus said that, aside from loving God, the most important commandment was to treat everyone else, even your enemies, as you would treat yourself. Thus, the message I learn from Jesus is to love everyone, allow people to do as they will and God Himself will determine if that is a problem...that is between them and God, and let people walk their own path though life.

It is my personal belief as a Christian (and as a Republican BTW) that Christians should stop attacking homosexuals because Jesus taught us to love everyone, even those who hate us. Christians should stop being intolerant of homosexuality, because Jesus said that God is the only one with the authority to pass judgment. And Christians should worry more about their own sins and their own salvation than those of others because Jesus told us to remove the log from our own eye before we try to remove the splinter from another's. In other words, Jesus said 'look mother fucker. Until you are blameless and perfect with God, shut the fuck up and worry about your own defects rather than those of others'.

So there we go. I have had my say/tantrum/whatever you wish to call it. Personally, as a Christian....I speculate that Jesus would welcome a homosexual into His presence and give him the love of God just like every other person He encountered.

Ok I am done lecturing. :lol: You know how I get when I get fired up.
Very nicely written.

Forum List

Back