🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jewish center in Charlottsville had to hire guards as cops would not help them

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
NEWSWEEK
Charlottesville cops refused to protect synagogue from armed neo-Nazis

Charlottesville Police Refused to Protect Synagogue From Nazis, so Jewish Community Hired Armed Security for First Time

The Jewish community in Charlottesville hired armed security to protect its synagogue for the first time after local police declined to provide a guard for the site despite hundreds of white supremacists congregating on the town over the weekend for a rally that resulted in the murder of counter-protester Heather Heyer.

Alan Zimmerman, president of the Congregation Beth Israel in the Virginia town, wrote a blog post published on Monday evening following the violent scenes on Saturday that resulted in a car-ramming attack that took place just 200 feet from the place of worship.

He described the fear he felt in the presence of white supremacists, who rallied around anti-Semitic slogans, as 40 members of the community prayed in the synagogue, without support from the local authorities.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

The police department promised to provide “an observer” near the building but Zimmerman says it “was not kept” by the force, leaving the congregation vulnerable to assault as they worshipped.

“For half an hour, three men dressed in fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles stood across the street from the temple,” he wrote. “Had they tried to enter, I don’t know what I could have done to stop them, but I couldn’t take my eyes off them, either.”

Not only did armed protesters stand across from the synagogue, but neo-Nazis paraded past the building, shouting anti-Semitic slogans, a horrible reminder of Nazi Germany’s persecution and mass slaughter of European Jews.

“Several times, parades of Nazis passed our building, shouting, 'There's the synagogue!' followed by chants of 'Sieg Heil' and other anti-Semitic language. Some carried flags with swastikas and other Nazi symbols,” Zimmerman wrote.

This was before James Alex Fields Jr. plowed his car into protesters in the town, leaving a scene of carnage that has sparked outrage across the United States, and the wider western world.

The fact is that all the Charlottsville police did is watch, and only were FORCED to move after a child was mowed down by a NAZI who's friends were getting beaten up and attacked with flame throwers. This is a civil rights investigation as the rights of the people were violated by the police who they TRUSTED to protect them

not news-------even during times of "serious threat of Islamic terrorism"-----synagogues are
advised by the police-----"hire guards" -----and so, they do. Mosques have been known to
DEMAND police protection if one of their number commits a terrorist act. It is a cultural thing---
"REVENGE" is highly lauded and EXPECTED in Islamic "cultures" ----In shariah law a muslim
can legally seek "revenge" which is why Coptic churches are destroyed, simply, on LIBELS in
Egypt. These are "cultural" issues

NEWSWEEK

Charlottesville Police Refused to Protect Synagogue From Nazis, so Jewish Community Hired Armed Security for First Time

The Jewish community in Charlottesville hired armed security to protect its synagogue for the first time after local police declined to provide a guard for the site despite hundreds of white supremacists congregating on the town over the weekend for a rally that resulted in the murder of counter-protester Heather Heyer.

Alan Zimmerman, president of the Congregation Beth Israel in the Virginia town, wrote a blog post published on Monday evening following the violent scenes on Saturday that resulted in a car-ramming attack that took place just 200 feet from the place of worship.

He described the fear he felt in the presence of white supremacists, who rallied around anti-Semitic slogans, as 40 members of the community prayed in the synagogue, without support from the local authorities.

The police department promised to provide “an observer” near the building but Zimmerman says it “was not kept” by the force, leaving the congregation vulnerable to assault as they worshipped.

“For half an hour, three men dressed in fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles stood across the street from the temple,” he wrote. “Had they tried to enter, I don’t know what I could have done to stop them, but I couldn’t take my eyes off them, either.”

Not only did armed protesters stand across from the synagogue, but neo-Nazis paraded past the building, shouting anti-Semitic slogans, a horrible reminder of Nazi Germany’s persecution and mass slaughter of European Jews.

“Several times, parades of Nazis passed our building, shouting, 'There's the synagogue!' followed by chants of 'Sieg Heil' and other anti-Semitic language. Some carried flags with swastikas and other Nazi symbols,” Zimmerman wrote.

This was before James Alex Fields Jr. plowed his car into protesters in the town, leaving a scene of carnage that has sparked outrage across the United States, and the wider western world.

The fact is that all the Charlottsville police did is watch, and only were FORCED to move after a child was mowed down by a NAZI who's friends were getting beaten up and attacked with flame throwers. This is a civil rights investigation as the rights of the people were violated by the police who they TRUSTED to protect them
So? Police are first responders, not personal security guards.

• Banned
NEWSWEEK

So? Police are first responders, not personal security guards.

So the police were wrong for performing security at the protest.

The fact is you are a racist anti-Semite.

Wow, I can't tell if you are sarcastically parodying things people hate about Jews--the shrill demand for special treatment, the deception (a 30-yr-old woman is not a "child"), the unmanly hyperventilating over "could haves", and the undisciplined exaggeration--or are just seriously this obnoxious.

• Banned
She is a child
Wow, I can't tell if you are sarcastically parodying things people hate about Jews--the shrill demand for special treatment, the deception (a 30-yr-old woman is not a "child"), the unmanly hyperventilating over "could haves", and the undisciplined exaggeration--or are just seriously this obnoxious.
Heather is a child of America, she was and is one of Americas best people.......................

You are a turd on my shoe

NEWSWEEK

A great case for personal firearms, I would say.

NEWSWEEK

No it's a great case to have the police do their fucking job in the first place which is protect the people

NEWSWEEK

No it's a great case to have the police do their fucking job in the first place which is protect the people
And did anyone attack your quaking little band of Red Sea Pedestrians? No? Then it sounds like protection was adequate.

The Jews were never in any danger. The nazis were never more than paid actors to march around and call attention to nazis. George Soros got his money's worth.

A racist anti Semite, is the same thing as a Nazi...........................
And...?
You are what you are, you will reap the love you sow.

dachaumorgue1945.jpg

The fact is you are a racist anti-Semite.
So?

just a statement of fact-----nothing new
So?

"SO" .....what?
The Jews were never in any danger. The nazis were never more than paid actors to march around and call attention to nazis. George Soros got his money's worth.

how do you know? --------seems the cops did not see anything like a big threat to
ANYONE--------or did not care

Forum List

Back