Jewish National Fund

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Let those of us who wish to, posters and viewers alike, contribute to the Jewish National Fund to help with the gardens in memory of the three innocent boys who were murdered. The Jewish National Fund website will inform you how to contribute.

"In tribute to their lasting memory, Jewish National Fund will create gardens to honor Naftali z"l, Gilad z"l and Eyal z"l."

I can remember as a young child putting money in that blue and white 'pushke' to send to buy another tree in Israel : )) Just before Mom would light the candles every Shabbat, we girls would get to make our contribution..... : ))

It's an organization which is older than Hadassah, having been founded by Herzl: Jewish National Fund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those of us who live in more temperate and moist climates, the idea of 'tree planting' seems mostly a 'beautification' effort. IT IS FAR MORE. The land of Israel lies within what once actually was 'The Fertile Crescent' - but centuries of over-grazing and neglect had taken their toll, and so much of the land had become desert because there wasn't enough vegetation to hold the moisture in the soil.

Aside from merely planting trees, the JNF has also engaged in projects to drain swamps and dam streams to create water reservoirs (lakes) to increase the water supply for the area. Several of the projects noted in the article are efforts specifically to assist Arab or Palestinian communities - and of course the knowledge and expertise of JNF is being shared with those in other nations as well.

Nothing created by humans is perfect, of course. And it's not possible to please everyone all of the time. So of course there has been criticism, and some of it has been valid. And much of that has been addressed.

Canada's Embarrassment!

Canada Park was developed by the Jewish National Fund of Canada lies over the ruins of three ethnically cleansed Palestinian villages Imwas, Yalu, Deir Ayoub and Beit Noba

81 Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube

Crazy beyond belief. The monument for "Canada Park" is the millstone of one of the villages destroyed.

Uri Davis is certainly well spoken. This is the first time i have seen him in interview. I hope he is still teaching Israelis. if he addresses that in this interview, i didn't get that far yet.

Crazy beyond belief are all those Hindus temples destroyed and mosques built on top of them. Naturally, the Israel haters don't want to hear about that.

Sad, isn't it, how people want to set up gardens to remember the three youths who were murdered, but the monsters on this forum can only think of dissing the Jewish National Fund. You would think that someone was twisting their arms to contribute. Many of us have contributed to relief organizations such as UNICEF which have helped their Muslim friends, and we thought nothing about helping people in need even though there were others of their religion busy killing non Muslims.

Canada's Embarrassment!

Canada Park was developed by the Jewish National Fund of Canada lies over the ruins of three ethnically cleansed Palestinian villages Imwas, Yalu, Deir Ayoub and Beit Noba

81 Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube

Crazy beyond belief. The monument for "Canada Park" is the millstone of one of the villages destroyed.

Uri Davis is certainly well spoken. This is the first time i have seen him in interview. I hope he is still teaching Israelis. if he addresses that in this interview, i didn't get that far yet.

Crazy beyond belief are all those Hindus temples destroyed and mosques built on top of them. Naturally, the Israel haters don't want to hear about that.

Sad, isn't it, how people want to set up gardens to remember the three youths who were murdered, but the monsters on this forum can only think of dissing the Jewish National Fund. You would think that someone was twisting their arms to contribute. Many of us have contributed to relief organizations such as UNICEF which have helped their Muslim friends, and we thought nothing about helping people in need even though there were others of their religion busy killing non Muslims.

What posts are you responding to?

What posts are you responding to?

Since Mr. Tinmore wants to keep this thread going, let's dig into our pockets and plant two groves in his honor. However, the dilemma here is what names to have put on a plaque -- his screen name or his Arabic name.

Forum List

Back