🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jewish prayer songs and Hebrew songs (popular/classic)

Great arrangement! My synagogue choir sang it very often and I sang the Chazzanut quite often. There is also a good Sulzler arrangement and I have my own as well, when it is recorded next, I will upload it.

Lewandowski was the "big Dog" in Berlin, whilst Sulzer was "big Dog" in Vienna. Great guys!!

There is a nice part of the "Alte Synagogue" in the Oranienburgerstraße in Berlin, which today is a a museum, that is dedicated to Lewandowski!!

Not that I want to be a critic here, If you like Catholic, Christian, influence on Jewish tunes that's beautiful. If not, which is where I'm at. That sounds way too much like Catholic music. But that's me, I'm a traditionalist. That's not a criticism of anyone personally, I just like my traditional chanting. I know Catholic music, I was raised in a Catholic neighborhood. Ive been to Catholic churches many, many times. That sounds just like a Catholic church to me.

Not really, it's just Jewish music coming into the feeling of the harmonies and techniques of the Romantic period of music. But I like virtually every style of Jewish music, to whit, to whit.

Ok we disagree... I'm not sure if you've ever been to a Catholic worship service? I have, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i walked in on that tune. The instrumental and style there is not traditionally Jewish anything, but I'm done, I don't want to offend my friend

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzlBTVtEcZo]Oseh shalom - YouTube[/ame]

He who makes peace in His high places,
May He bring peace upon us
And upon all Israel,
And say ye Amen.

May He bring peace, may He bring peace,
Peace upon us and on all of Israe

Not that I want to be a critic here, If you like Catholic, Christian, influence on Jewish tunes that's beautiful. If not, which is where I'm at. That sounds way too much like Catholic music. But that's me, I'm a traditionalist. That's not a criticism of anyone personally, I just like my traditional chanting. I know Catholic music, I was raised in a Catholic neighborhood. Ive been to Catholic churches many, many times. That sounds just like a Catholic church to me.

Not really, it's just Jewish music coming into the feeling of the harmonies and techniques of the Romantic period of music. But I like virtually every style of Jewish music, to whit, to whit.

Ok we disagree... I'm not sure if you've ever been to a Catholic worship service? I have, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i walked in on that tune. The instrumental and style there is not traditionally Jewish anything, but I'm done, I don't want to offend my friend

You don't offend in any way at all. It's just a difference of perception. It's what makes us Jews strong in thought.

The worst threat to Judaism is intermarriage and infighting.

I don't say my branch of Judaism (Liberal) is better than orthodox, and each to their own.

The main thing is we worship the same G-d and don't bow to anyone or anything else.

We should be united in our belief even though we are not united in our idea of what makes for a melodic Shabbat service, etc.

In these modern times we all worship our own way. United we stand, divided we fall.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vUkPG3O2kI]Am Yisrael Chai! Music and Pictures - YouTube[/ame]

This is for Jewish prayers and also popular Hebrew singers/groups.

Ana BeKoach - Ovadia Chamama, Yitzik Eshel and 'Heaven and Earth' - YouTube

"ANA BEKOACH" is one of the most powerful prayers there is in the Jewish religion with in regards to the energetic frequency it contained within. It is not an exaggeration that it could lift you literally to the sky. Its strength lies in the unique combination of the letters. It is recommended to say this prayer each morning, and/or before an important occasion, couple meeting, interview etc' as the Arizel recommends to do.

"ANA BEKOACH" prayer, after being said in the morning can be repeated all through the day when a complicated situation occurs, a great task is before us or with any occasion when you need to communicate with upper realms.

The upper worlds are the worlds where our strength and awareness are unlimited and may open ourselves to any thing new. A world with unlimited opportunities, abundance, knowledge, awareness and inspiration.

"ANA BEKOACH" prayer helps us to open ourselves to anything that arrives from these worlds. For generations "ANA BEKOACH" prayer received great importance at the Kabbalist and mystics that knew the enormous strength of the letters combination in the prayer.

Therefore you may find "ANA BEKOACH" set inside talismans, synagogue signs and painted windows, in order to give strength and assistance to elevate to upper worlds. In fact, its main goal of spiritual work is to elevate beyond the five known senses and to remind ourselves that the materialistic world is not limiting us and our awareness has the ability to go beyond substance.

Hebrew version (English letters)
"ANA BEKOACH"
ANA BEKOACH. GEDULAT YEMINECHA. TATIR ZERURA
KABEL RINAT. AMCHA SAGVENU. TAHARENU NORA
NA GIBOR. DORSHEY YICHUDCHA. KEBAVAT SHOMREM
BARCHEM TEHAREM. RACHAMEY ZIDEKATCHA.
TAMID GOMLEM
HASIN KADOSH. BEROV TUVECHA. NAHEL ADOTECHA
YAHID GE'EA. LEAMECHA PNNE. ZOCHREY KDUSHATECHA
SHAVATENU KABEL. USHEMA ZAKATENU. YODE TA'ALUMOT.

The English Translation for Ana Bekoach
With your great power release the bonds of exile from your people. Receive our prayer, the prayer of your people, elevate us, and purify us, great one. Please o mighty one .Keep us safe, protect us from harm and save us. Bless us, give us strength with your grace, reward us and have mercy on us. O great one with your powers, guide your congregation with kindness. Superior, the one and only, come back to your people, people who worship you and remember your holiness. Accept our plea hear our bitterly cry. You, the one who knows the true hidden way.
(*) the power of the prayer - however- lies in the combination of the Hebrew letters only and by far any other way.

Although my personal religious musical experiences are more along the lines of AC/DC, just thought I'd pop in and say this is a very nice thread.

Kudos...

This is for Jewish prayers and also popular Hebrew singers/groups.

Ana BeKoach - Ovadia Chamama, Yitzik Eshel and 'Heaven and Earth' - YouTube

"ANA BEKOACH" is one of the most powerful prayers there is in the Jewish religion with in regards to the energetic frequency it contained within. It is not an exaggeration that it could lift you literally to the sky. Its strength lies in the unique combination of the letters. It is recommended to say this prayer each morning, and/or before an important occasion, couple meeting, interview etc' as the Arizel recommends to do.

"ANA BEKOACH" prayer, after being said in the morning can be repeated all through the day when a complicated situation occurs, a great task is before us or with any occasion when you need to communicate with upper realms.

The upper worlds are the worlds where our strength and awareness are unlimited and may open ourselves to any thing new. A world with unlimited opportunities, abundance, knowledge, awareness and inspiration.

"ANA BEKOACH" prayer helps us to open ourselves to anything that arrives from these worlds. For generations "ANA BEKOACH" prayer received great importance at the Kabbalist and mystics that knew the enormous strength of the letters combination in the prayer.

Therefore you may find "ANA BEKOACH" set inside talismans, synagogue signs and painted windows, in order to give strength and assistance to elevate to upper worlds. In fact, its main goal of spiritual work is to elevate beyond the five known senses and to remind ourselves that the materialistic world is not limiting us and our awareness has the ability to go beyond substance.

Hebrew version (English letters)
"ANA BEKOACH"
ANA BEKOACH. GEDULAT YEMINECHA. TATIR ZERURA
KABEL RINAT. AMCHA SAGVENU. TAHARENU NORA
NA GIBOR. DORSHEY YICHUDCHA. KEBAVAT SHOMREM
BARCHEM TEHAREM. RACHAMEY ZIDEKATCHA.
TAMID GOMLEM
HASIN KADOSH. BEROV TUVECHA. NAHEL ADOTECHA
YAHID GE'EA. LEAMECHA PNNE. ZOCHREY KDUSHATECHA
SHAVATENU KABEL. USHEMA ZAKATENU. YODE TA'ALUMOT.

The English Translation for Ana Bekoach
With your great power release the bonds of exile from your people. Receive our prayer, the prayer of your people, elevate us, and purify us, great one. Please o mighty one .Keep us safe, protect us from harm and save us. Bless us, give us strength with your grace, reward us and have mercy on us. O great one with your powers, guide your congregation with kindness. Superior, the one and only, come back to your people, people who worship you and remember your holiness. Accept our plea hear our bitterly cry. You, the one who knows the true hidden way.
(*) the power of the prayer - however- lies in the combination of the Hebrew letters only and by far any other way.

Although my personal religious musical experiences are more along the lines of AC/DC, just thought I'd pop in and say this is a very nice thread.

Kudos...

Cool, and you are VERY welcome to stay here and enjoy a totally different music.

Mazel Tov!!

By typing the title of any song into Google you can find lyrics and translation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFUzIQyUeM]Songs of Israel - Parte 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEkpYILQXJE]Songs of Israel - Parte 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBad2IhZonw]Songs of Israel - Parte 3 - YouTube[/ame]

I haven't listened to all of this, but from the first song I think it will appeal to the traditionalists here (you know who you are!!!!).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM076Lqnnq0]Jewish Klezmer Music - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KtRuan-MYk&list=PL8A0134A76799E7CD]Tfila - Ofra Haza - YouTube[/ame]

Tfila (A Prayer) - Ofra Haza.....

Hu hayoshev lo ei-sham bamromim
Hu harofei kawl cholim
Hu hanoten rov simcha layladim
Hu ha'oseh mishpatim
Hu bashamayim v'hu hayachid
Hu hagadol hanorah
Hu hashomer aleinu mitzara -
Elohai!

Shmor na aleinu kmo y'ladim
Shmor na v'al ta'azov
Tein lanu or v'simchat ne'urim
Tein lanu co'ach, od va'od
Tein lanu gam le'ehov.

Ma kvar notar lanu od bayamim?
Ma kvar notar kawl hayom?
Shemesh, tikvah, vahamon mabatim
Laila v'yom shel chalom
Hu bashamayim v'hu hayachid
Hu hagadol, hanorah
Hu hashomer aleinu mitzara.
Elohai!

Shmor na v'al ta'azov
Tein lanu gam le'ehov.

Shmor na v'al ta'azov
Tein lanu gam le'ehov.

He who sits somewhere up there in the heavens
He who heals all the sick
He who gives great joy to children
He who makes judgments
He is in the heavens and He is the Only One
He, the great and awe-inspiring
He is the one who protects us from troubles -
God!

Watch over us, please, like children
Watch please and don't leave
Give us light and the joy of youth
Give us strength, more and more
Also allow us to love

What still remains for us in our days?
What remains all day long?
Sunshine, hope and so many sights
Nights and days of dreams
He is in the heavens and He is the Only One
He, the great and awe-inspiring
He is the one who protects us from troubles.
God!

Also allow us to love

Also allow us to love

הוא היושב לו אי שם במרומים
הוא הרופא כל חולים
הוא הנותן רוב שמחה לילדים
הוא העושה משפטים
הוא בשמיים והוא היחיד
הוא הגדול הנורא
הוא השומר עלינו מצרה

אלוה, שמור נא עלינו כמו ילדים
שמור נא ואל תעזוב
תן לנו אור ושמחת נעורים
תן לנו כוח עוד ועוד
שמור נא עלינו כמו ילדים
שמור נא ואל תעזוב
תן לנו אור ושמחת נעורים
תן לנו גם לאהוב

מה כבר נותר לנו עוד בימים
מה כבר נותר כל היום
שמש תקווה והמון מבטים
לילה ויום של חלום
הוא בשמיים והוא היחיד
הוא הגדול הנורא
הוא השומר עלינו מצרה

אלוה, שמור נא עלינו כמו ילדים

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kudz52_1ubU&list=PLA51E07A670364CB4]Matisyahu - Jerusalem - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOGu0gdVlfI]Pharaoh's daughter- My Dove (live, NYC) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRhBphHHWk]Pharaoh's Daughter (Basya Schechter) - Im Ein Ani Li Mili - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtiWIXpXqHM]Yosi Azulay - Yigdal - YouTube[/ame]

Exalted be the Living G-d and praised, He exists - unbounded by time in His existence. He is One - and there is no unity like His Oneness. Inscrutable and infinite is His Oneness. He has no semblance of a body nor is He corporeal; nor has His holiness any comparison. He preceded every being that was created - the First, and nothing preceded His precedence. Behold! He is Master of the universe to every creature, He demonstrates His greatness and His sovereignty. He granted His flow of prophecy to His treasured splendrous people. In Yisrael none like Moshe arose again - a prophet who perceived His vision clearly. G-d gave His people a Torah of truth, by means of His prophet, the most trusted of His household. G-d will never amend nor exchange His law for any other one, for all eternity. He scrutinizes and knows our hiddenmost secrets; He perceives a matter's outcome at its inception. He recompenses man with kindness according to his deed; He places evil on the wicked according to his wickedness. By the End of Days He will send our Mashiach, to redeem those longing for His final salvation. G-d will revive the dead in His abundant kindness - Blessed forever is His praised Name

Yigdal (“may he be magnified”) is often the concluding prayer of the Friday evening service in Sephardic congregations; the Ashkenazim recite it during weekday morning prayers. This prayer, believed to be composed by R Daniel bar Judah, is based on the “Thirteen Principles of Faith” described by Maimonides in his book, Commentary on the Mishnah. Yigdal restates the first two commandments of the Ten Commandments — “I am the Lord thy God” and “Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.” Yigdal is a powerful hymn reminding the Jewish people of the power of God.

Last edited:
Yosi Azulay - Yigdal - YouTube

Exalted be the Living G-d and praised, He exists - unbounded by time in His existence. He is One - and there is no unity like His Oneness. Inscrutable and infinite is His Oneness. He has no semblance of a body nor is He corporeal; nor has His holiness any comparison. He preceded every being that was created - the First, and nothing preceded His precedence. Behold! He is Master of the universe to every creature, He demonstrates His greatness and His sovereignty. He granted His flow of prophecy to His treasured splendrous people. In Yisrael none like Moshe arose again - a prophet who perceived His vision clearly. G-d gave His people a Torah of truth, by means of His prophet, the most trusted of His household. G-d will never amend nor exchange His law for any other one, for all eternity. He scrutinizes and knows our hiddenmost secrets; He perceives a matter's outcome at its inception. He recompenses man with kindness according to his deed; He places evil on the wicked according to his wickedness. By the End of Days He will send our Mashiach, to redeem those longing for His final salvation. G-d will revive the dead in His abundant kindness - Blessed forever is His praised Name

Yigdal (“may he be magnified”) is often the concluding prayer of the Friday evening service in Sephardic congregations; the Ashkenazim recite it during weekday morning prayers. This prayer, believed to be composed by R Daniel bar Judah, is based on the “Thirteen Principles of Faith” described by Maimonides in his book, Commentary on the Mishnah. Yigdal restates the first two commandments of the Ten Commandments — “I am the Lord thy God” and “Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.” Yigdal is a powerful hymn reminding the Jewish people of the power of God.

Ahhh, the 13 principles....

toda rabah!!!

I adore Yossi Azulay and what a beautiful version. I listen to Yossi Azulay all the time.
These albums are amazing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPweDSGsP3A]Yossi Azulay "Tfilot" - Prayers I (full album) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VNw4pGizno]Yossi Azulay - Prayers II (full album) - YouTube[/ame]

How wonderful is this one?! It is taken from The Prayers 2 album I posted above by Yossi Azulay.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gArJTM6rsNI]Yossi Azulai - Boi Kala ???? ?????? - ???? ??? TETA - YouTube[/ame]

BO'I KALA

COME, MY BRIDE

HA'OHAVIM AL SFAT HAYAM

Kirvati kekirvat hayam,
Gazlu et shnati,

Nishmat apech nashvah min hayam,
Vatachdor meluchah, El beiti.

Vegalim bedachyam,
Olim bevichyam, Limromei ahavati,

Boi kala.

Beyare'ach adom mul hayam,
Mefakeh damech.
Beyare'ach adom mul hayam,
Dami vedamech.

Vegalim bedachyam,
Zo'akim bevichyam,
Et shmech, et shmech, et shmech,
Boi kala.

Eich esgor et chaloni,
Ukrovah hasufah ?

Eich esgor et chaloni,
Ve'at yechefah ?

Eich esgor et chaloni,
Vehayam kara ?

Eich esgor et chaloni,
Ve'at erah ?

Vehao'ach milev haleil,
Et shnati kara ?
Boi kala.

The nearness of the sea and you
Obliterates all hopes of rest

Your salty breath has blown over the sea
To penetrate my breast

The rising of my love
Is like the waves at tide...

Come, my bride

In a red moon over sea
Your blood is burning
In a red moon I can see
Our blood is turning

The rising tide
Will call and cry
Your name, your name in yearning
Come, my bride

How can I close the window
When the storm is near?

How can I close my window
When your feet are bare?

How can I close my window
When the ocean weeps

How can I, knowing you're
Awake somewhere...

The owl shattered my sleep
When in the night he cried,
Come, my bride

For Jroc and Stat. The incredible Moscow Male Jewish Choir. I hope you enjoy this.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5UVZ-xi3eI]The Moscow Male Jewish Capella - Avinu Malkeynu - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgQR4VN7h88]Amir Benayun - Nitzacht iti Hakol ( you won? everything with me ) - YouTube[/ame]

Lucky to have you
you always plan, always complete with yourself
you softly stroke the strings of your love
so lucky

Lucky to have you
you understand me and show me myself
I get excited like a child indulging in you
and then I stay...

At the end of each night I come
you let me learn the secrets of your modesty
and you pitied me like a mother
and you won everything with me

Lucky to have you
I am sunk in what's hidden in you
I am loving what's revealed
I'm a servant to your wisdom
and there's nothing sane in you
so lucky

At the end of each night...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egleVKDvH10]Amir Benayun - I have a dream ???? ????? - ?? ?? ???? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back