Jodi Arias Trial

Just read through the comments on this thread and you'll start to see what I mean. Men, especially, are really naive about the true nature of women.

I totally agree. And thank you for saying that.

Yet, in spite of the fact that he caused me to have to go to the emergency room on two occasions, and had the police called on him on other occasions when he started slapping me around, there is not one thing on his record about any of these instances. The cops just let him go.

I find this almost impossible to believe. I see domestic violence first hand - well, second hand. I am a public defender. The police in our area vigorously pursue domestic violence cases. Woman complains, guy gets taken in. There don't even have to be visible injuries.

When and in what city, did this (police just letting the guy go free) happen to you?

Just read through the comments on this thread and you'll start to see what I mean. Men, especially, are really naive about the true nature of women.

Yet, in spite of the fact that he caused me to have to go to the emergency room on two occasions, and had the police called on him on other occasions when he started slapping me around, there is not one thing on his record about any of these instances. The cops just let him go.

I find this almost impossible to believe. I see domestic violence first hand - well, second hand. I am a public defender. The police in our area vigorously pursue domestic violence cases. Woman complains, guy gets taken in. There don't even have to be visible injuries.

When and in what city, did this (police just letting the guy go free) happen to you?

George, this was back in the late 70s, early 80s in Anchorage, Alaska. Things were different then. Now the law has changed and the police are obligated to arrest the guy if the woman says he hit her. But back then, it wasn't so.

One time I had called the police because he was terrorizing me. Two officers came, an old guy and really young guy. I could tell they were afraid of my "boyfriend." So they were standing there and I kept saying, "I am willing to press charges...I will press charges." They still didn't arrest him. Then he says to me, right in front of the two cops, "I'm going to kick you in the kidneys until you piss blood!" The cops still just stood there! And then he turned and ran away. They did not pursue him. True story. I sat up all night with a loaded .357 magnum pointed at the door in case he came back and broke the door down and tried to kill me for calling the cops on him. Unfortunately, he didn't come back.

Oh, and by the way...if a guy says his girlfriend hit him, they are obligated to arrest her, also and charge with domestic violence. It goes both ways. Ask me how I know. So when my new boyfriend and I had a major disagreement and I was leaving and he tried to restrain me, I struggled with him. He called the cops, hoping they would help to calm me down. Yeah, right. I had been drinking, he had not, so I was automatically the problem. The cops asked my boyfriend if I had hit him and he said yes (he didn't realize it was a trick question...he really didn't). They arrested me and I was charged with domestic violence. I was so heartbroken I didn't bother with a lawyer and just pleaded no contest. So i have a domestic violence conviction and can never own a gun again for the rest of my life.

Ironic, huh? Especially when a guy smashed my face up so bad one time that I was unrecognizable, and he got away without even a slap on the hand.

My new boyfriend is now my husband, we've been together for a total of 22 years with not a single other incident. He learned his lesson and knows better than to trust cops to "help."

Last edited:
Just hope for Jodi's sake there aren't too many women on the jury. No matter what pretenses they put on, women really dislike other women and love to see them fry.

I used to live with a man for 4 1/2 years who slapped the crap out of me on a few occasions. As I started to rebel it got scarier, especially when he began to suspect (wrongly) that I was associating with other men. Yet, in spite of the fact that he caused me to have to go to the emergency room on two occasions, and had the police called on him on other occasions when he started slapping me around, there is not one thing on his record about any of these instances. The cops just let him go.

I can well imagine a situation where I would feel threatened enough and all those years of abuse and fear would come welling up and I might do a bit of overkill on him. But in a court of law they'd be saying there's not one thing on his record where he ever hurt this woman but she just up and murdered him. Bullshit.

Regarding other women...I can remember him knocking me on the floor and another woman coming over and snarling at me that it served me right, I had "asked for it." I'm laying there on the floor after he hit me, and instead of helping me up, she's snarling at me. That's women for you.

I am really sorry this happened to you.

If this woman is found guilty, I hope she fries. I really do. She is making it hard for women who really are abused to get help. She is deligitimizing them in my opion. (If she if found guilty...of course).

Actual abused women, are livid about this womans claim of abuse. She is a sociopath.
Everyone knows she killed him, the issue is whether she is guilty of 1st degree, second degree or manslaughter.

I am convinced that she is guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder.

I hope she is found guilty of such, and gets death, she does not deserve to be amongst the living.

George, this was back in the late 70s, early 80s in Anchorage, Alaska. Things were different then. Now the law has changed and the police are obligated to arrest the guy if the woman says he hit her. But back then, it wasn't so.

One time I had called the police because he was terrorizing me. Two officers came, an old guy and really young guy. I could tell they were afraid of my "boyfriend." So they were standing there and I kept saying, "I am willing to press charges...I will press charges." They still didn't arrest him. Then he says to me, right in front of the two cops, "I'm going to kick you in the kidneys until you piss blood!" The cops still just stood there! And then he turned and ran away. They did not pursue him. True story. I sat up all night with a loaded .357 magnum pointed at the door in case he came back and broke the door down and tried to kill me for calling the cops on him. Unfortunately, he didn't come back.

Oh, and by the way...if a guy says his girlfriend hit him, they are obligated to arrest her, also and charge with domestic violence. It goes both ways. Ask me how I know. So when my new boyfriend and I had a major disagreement and I was leaving and he tried to restrain me, I struggled with him. He called the cops, hoping they would help to calm me down. Yeah, right. I had been drinking, he had not, so I was automatically the problem. The cops asked my boyfriend if I had hit him and he said yes (he didn't realize it was a trick question...he really didn't). They arrested me and I was charged with domestic violence. I was so heartbroken I didn't bother with a lawyer and just pleaded no contest. So i have a domestic violence conviction and can never own a gun again for the rest of my life.

Ironic, huh? Especially when a guy smashed my face up so bad one time that I was unrecognizable, and he got away without even a slap on the hand.

My new boyfriend is now my husband, we've been together for a total of 22 years with not a single other incident. He learned his lesson and knows better than to trust cops to "help."

Wow - quite a story! I hope those days are long behind you. Best of luck in the future.

Wow - quite a story! I hope those days are long behind you. Best of luck in the future.

Those days are long behind me but they taught me a lot about self-defense. Any man who tried to do that to me now would end up...well, like Jodi Arias's boyfriend. Maybe that's why I'm empathizing with her a little bit. I understand the kinds of feelings that could result in such "overkill." Panic, hatred, fear for your life, all lumped together causing you to kill and kill and kill. Men are much stronger than women, unless you're a woman who's been beat by a man you may not realize how much stronger they are. So, knowing that, I can understand the overkill. You can't let up, because if you do and they get ahold of you...you're toast.

Jodi Arias is charged with killing her ex-lover in 2008 in Arizona.

Anyone watching it or reading about it?

Arias' defense strategy: Blame the victim? | HLNtv.com

She killed him in 2008 but the trial just began. She is one truly psychotic killer imo. Calm almost serene demeanor. She has offered, I believe, three different stories over the 4 years.

1-She was not there when he was killed.

2-She was there but she ran from the killers and never reported it.

3-She did kill Travis Alexander in self defense.

His injuries?

29 stab wounds, many in the back.
Shot in the face
Throat slit ear to ear.

Yeah, sure sounds like self-defense.

There is no doubt to me that she killed him...I mean, it reeks of 'crime of passion'...and yes, telling 4 dif stories does NOT help her case at all...she f'ing did it...there shouldnt even be a trial...to me it's a waste of time and money.......lot's of money.
smh...unreal.

There shouldn't even be a trial? Are you fucking kidding me?

Those days are long behind me but they taught me a lot about self-defense. Any man who tried to do that to me now would end up...well, like Jodi Arias's boyfriend. Maybe that's why I'm empathizing with her a little bit. I understand the kinds of feelings that could result in such "overkill." Panic, hatred, fear for your life, all lumped together causing you to kill and kill and kill. Men are much stronger than women, unless you're a woman who's been beat by a man you may not realize how much stronger they are. So, knowing that, I can understand the overkill. You can't let up, because if you do and they get ahold of you...you're toast.

Except there is no evidence he abused ANY woman.

Last edited:
Jodi Arias Found Guilty of First Degree Murder abcnews

Despite the mediocre job of the DA. Good for justice. Hard on the jurors.

Death Penalty? No. Life with parole, maybe.

Yeah, you'll notice that women are particularly gleeful about this conviction. Just like the woman who came and leaned over me after I had been knocked to the floor by my boyfriend, and spat at me, "You ASKED for it! You provoked him!" Yeah, I had dared to voice my own opinions and disagree with someone. I asked for it.

That's women for you. That's what I expect from my gender.

You'll also see them clamoring for the death penalty. Oh, wait...they've already started. And they'll probably want to watch her die. Yeah, that's it! Her execution should be televised! Teach this bitch a lesson!

Last edited:
Yeah, you'll notice that women are particularly gleeful about this conviction. Just like the woman who came and leaned over me after I had been knocked to the floor by my boyfriend, and spat at me, "You ASKED for it! You provoked him!" Yeah, I had dared to voice my own opinions and disagree with someone. I asked for it.

You'll also see them clamoring for the death penalty. Oh, wait...they've already started. And they'll probably want to watch her die. Yeah, that's it! Her execution should be televised! Teach this bitch a lesson!

I would have been yelling at your boyfriend for hitting you.

I don't think this is a gender issue at all. Although Ms Arias, wanted us all to believe it was an issue.

It is an issue of justice. Finally, regardless of gender, justice will be served.

Forum List

Back