Joe Biden defends domestic violence

It was a poor choice of words, but that's Biden for you. He immediately followed the phrase with a clear line that any hitting is not acceptable.

I've said that it was a poor showing on his part and that what he said was not politically correct. Aside from that, I've not really slammed him for this. I think that I've been fair.

I also think that the problem is 80 plus percent of posters tailor their analysis to some degree on the basis of who said it. Had Cheney said that, certain posters would be having a field day and certain posters who are attacking Biden now, would be making the same defenses of context.

The election's over for better or (likely) worse and I'm not gonna worry about getting my rocks off on attacking Biden. I think he and Obama are strikingly not very intelligent for their positions. But I can't find a whole lot that he did wrong other than a poor choice of words and perhaps not treating violence against women as seriously as he should have. But I don't think he was presenting any egregious agenda either.

He explicitly said it was unacceptable. You can make the point he chose his words poorly, but y'all haven't been doing that. You've been intentionally misrepresenting what he said

Did I ever say that Biden said violence against women was acceptable or are you now misrepresenting me? That's irony for ya.

Where, Gatsby, did I say I was addressing you specifically?

I was referring to the OP and others like the OP in this thread and elsewhere.

There is no need to be so defensive.

It might not be politically correct what Biden said; but I can see making a distinction between a slap in the face and beating a woman black and blue.

Seriously? WOW! I respect your honesty, but....

I would lose my fuck'n mind if someone ever slapped my mom, my wife, or my daughters across the face. And then I would put that person in the hospital with very serious injuries.

Rott, do you have the same reaction to a woman slapping a man in the face?

Sometimes, people deserve to be slapped in the face. There is all the difference between a needed smack and beating someone.

It's not wholly unlike the distinction between spanking a child and beating a child. Again, all the difference in the world.

When you post right after someone, you're talking to the person who just posted. Otherwise you use the quote function or at least address the poster by name. For an op, you simply would list 'OP:'

When you post right after someone, you're talking to the person who just posted. Otherwise you use the quote function or at least address the poster by name. For an op, you simply would list 'OP:'

Sure thing there Sparky......... :rolleyes:

“We’ve learned that certain behaviors on the part of an abuser portend much more danger than other behaviors,” Biden said. “For example, if an abuser has attempted to strangle his victim, if he’s threatened to shoot her, if he’s sexually assaulted her, and there’s a number of other signs, about eight others. These are tell-tale signs to say this isn’t your garden-variety slap across the face, which is totally unacceptable in and of itself."Joe Biden

Why am I not surprised that the OP lied.

He sourced Glenn Beck..a known liar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m692Tqbnbxo]SHOCKING VIDEO Glenn Beck Uses Vicks To Cry On Cue - YouTube[/ame]

He explicitly said it was unacceptable. You can make the point he chose his words poorly, but y'all haven't been doing that. You've been intentionally misrepresenting what he said

Well yeah.

But what would the right wing be without lies and hyperbole?

Sure thing there Sparky......... :rolleyes:

Do you need attention?

Ehhhh wrong. I want to tread lightly b/c violence against women is very serious. But there is a huge difference between a slap to the face and a bat to the head.
Apparently, you inferred incorrectly that I do not consider violence against women as being a serious matter. That was my point. I concur there is a huge difference between the palm and the bat. What I said was that neither is excusable. Please try to pay attention.

I repeat: Real men do not hit women in anger.

Instead of giving stupid fucking lectures that are completely fucking worthless, how about you learn how to effectively communicate:

"A slap in the face is no more excusable than a punch in the nose or a bat to the head."

You inferred that the offenses were equal. Not that that point by itself infers it. But when it is in response to my previous point about their being differences between slaps and beatings then it most certainly infers it.
I IMPLIED something. It's up to you to INFER what you wish or can understand. You confuse something that YOU infer with something I imply.

It is you that has a problem with effective communication. What I said does not equate the three acts. It says that each is equally inexcusable. The operative phrase being ..." is no more excusable than..."

Get with the program.

Last edited:
“We’ve learned that certain behaviors on the part of an abuser portend much more danger than other behaviors,” Biden said. “For example, if an abuser has attempted to strangle his victim, if he’s threatened to shoot her, if he’s sexually assaulted her, and there’s a number of other signs, about eight others. These are tell-tale signs to say this isn’t your garden-variety slap across the face, which is totally unacceptable in and of itself."Joe Biden

Wait, wait, wait.... the left absolutely lost their fucking minds when Mitt Romney said "so they brought me binders full of women", but your actually going to try to defend "These are tell-tale signs to say this isn’t your garden-variety slap across the face" (as if there is ever an acceptable slap across a woman's face?!?)

You are such a retarded rube.

Biden plainly said, "These are tell-tale signs to say this isn’t your garden-variety slap across the face, which is totally unacceptable in and of itself.”

So I have to wonder why you would see that, deliberately omit the part where he said it is unacceptable, and then say, "as if there is ever an acceptable slap across a woman's face?"

You are a troll, and not a very good one.

It might not be politically correct what Biden said; but I can see making a distinction between a slap in the face and beating a woman black and blue.

Yes. His point was that some behaviors are more indicative than others the woman's very life may be in danger. When he said, "and there’s a number of other signs, about eight others", that seems to imply he was referring to some statistics he had seen.

A slap in the face is no more excusable than a punch in the nose or a bat to the head. There is no "garden variety" violence. However, occasional, playful pats on the ass can be fun....:eek:

Seriously, a big man that follows through with his slaps to the face could quite effortlessly snap a person's neck. Real men don't strike women in anger.

IMPLICATION: There is no distinction between a slap in the face and a beating.

Hey, you may not have meant to make that implication. But don't go around making communication errors and then go around lecturing people to sanctimoniously "pay attention." Your lack of comprehension and clarity is to blame.

A slap in the face is no more excusable than a punch in the nose or a bat to the head. There is no "garden variety" violence. However, occasional, playful pats on the ass can be fun....:eek:

Seriously, a big man that follows through with his slaps to the face could quite effortlessly snap a person's neck. Real men don't strike women in anger.

Ehhhh wrong. I want to tread lightly b/c violence against women is very serious. But there is a huge difference between a slap to the face and a bat to the head.
Apparently, you inferred incorrectly that I do not consider violence against women as being a serious matter. That was my point. I concur there is a huge difference between the palm and the bat. What I said was that neither is excusable. Please try to pay attention.

I repeat: Real men do not hit women in anger.

It's funny how you were ever so willing to point out my misuse of the word infer, when I should have stated implied. But then you're going to tell me what I inferred? And worse yet, you are stating something that I never actually inferred. That just makes your sanctimony look pathetic.

At no point did I state or even imply that you believed violence against women was excusable.

I did state a general disclaimer, that I wanted to tread lightly b/c of the seriousness of the matter. You assumed that was somehow supposed to be a dig against you.

PLEASE TRY TO PAY ATTENTION

Forum List

Back