🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Joe Biden lies about his position on Fracking during campaign stop.

How does Biden feel about fracking? Monday Joe said “he would not ban fracking”, much different then the positions claimed in the past. Which way is the wind blowing next week?

If you listened to more than sound bites then you might better understand this stuff

Not too much to understand here. Did Biden say he'd get rid of fracking or didn't he? What his he saying today?

Not for the near future. He has a plan to eliminate fossil fuels by 2050 but that is dependent on the development of green energy. As for fracking the only thing he has said is that he wouldn’t approve new permits on federal land. 90% of fracking is done on private land so it wasn’t a very substantial policy. Like with most issues there are many complex elements. You can’t simply listen to talking points and sound bites

No, I watched the video in the OP where one of the segments he said he would end all fossil fuel. I don't know if you know this or not, but fracking is part of obtaining fossil fuel.

Yes he wants to end it by 2050 as green energy infrastructure gets developed and can replace it. I think I said that in my last post

Democrat presidential debate:

Question: Would there be anyplace for fossil fuels, like coal and fracking IN A BIDEN ADMINISTRATION.

Answer: No, we would work it out. It would be eliminated.

The question was not about future administrations, it was about his administration. In his administration, as Joe said, it would be eliminated. He can't eliminate it in 2050 because not only would his administration be long gone, but so will Joe.

A President cannot set policy for future administrations. Each administration has their own policies.

Almost all presidents have plans that project out a decade or more. Biden has all the details on his fracking stance and environmental plans on his website. Why don’t you read that instead of putting all your eggs on a one sentence answer during a debate?

For one, I don't want to fall asleep at my computer. Two, those are plans created by his handlers and not Biden. What Biden says live is more honest as he has no time to think or have his planners answer for him. He speaks in his own words.

I don't know how much you know about fracking, but it works like this: They drill holes in the ground, and turn those drills horizontal so as to be able to drill sideways, and create a lot of new tunnels from that one hole going straight down into the ground.

Even with all those horizontal tunnels, they can only drill so far, meaning that once all the energy is extracted from those tunnels, they have to pack up and go somewhere else to start the process all over again.

If they cannot get permits for the next site, they can no longer drill. That means as these sites get exhausted, those are the last sites they will be able to drill on.

Bottom line is that if by some miracle Biden wins the presidency, and even if he doesn't stop all fracking immediately, our sources to get new energy will be depleted. As we use up those spots, and can't go to more, less and less energy gets produced. The less energy that gets produced, the higher the costs go because the commodities investors are always looking for signs to invest their money properly for profit.

You realize that only 10% of fracking is done on federal land right? You don’t think we are smart enough to get off fossil fuels in 30 years?

It has nothing to do with being smart enough, it has to do with it being economical enough. We can turn the country green tomorrow, if you want to pay five times the amount of money for energy that we do today.

The US currently produces around 4.5 million barrels of oil per year. What is 10% of that?

That's not to mention that even on private land, EPA regulations have to be followed; regulations that can be influenced by a President based on his goals.

Cool cool. Do you think we are smart enough to get off fossil fuel in a more economical way in the next 30 years?

I'm not a Democrat, therefore I don't claim to see into the future. In a 100 years? Perhaps. Again, it isn't about being smart enough. It would have been smart for Henry Ford to put fuel injection in his Model-T, but we didn't have nearly that kind of technology yet.

Currently, there is no substitute that delivers the reliability and power fossil fuels provide. Wind mills, solar panels, all nice, but expensive and very weak. CA is now trying to encourage their citizens to conserve energy so they don't have yet another major blackout. It doesn't work.

You have to let technological improvements happen on their own time. It's something you cannot force. One cannot say they want to be totally green by 2050 when they don't even know what kind of advancements will be made by that time. It's like the government in 1930 saying they want to see cell phones and internet by the year 1950.

Tech improvements happen by setting goals and priorities. We put a man on the moon. We didn’t do that because all of a sudden somebody found a space shuttle. Look where tech was 30 years ago and look at it now

Putting a man on the moon didn't require me to give up my ICE car for an electric, or require brown outs due to stupid power generation governmental restrictions, or constant whining about how the world will end if I run my AC a few degrees cooler.

It happened through steps, focus and progression. The same thing with the plan to get off fossil fuels and utilize cleaner energy sources so we can better treat our environment

No, right now it goes through force. Ban ICE vehicles, reduce availible power when the grid can't get enough supply, ban people from installing gas lines into new houses for appliances. Ban certain light bulbs, force crazy fuel economy standards, shut down streets to make traffic worse for cars, and the list goes on.

Government didn't need to ban horses to get people to use motor vehicles, it happened because motor vehicles were the superior product.

Horses weren’t destroying our environment and killing people

have you ever seen the pictures of streets when horses were the primary means of transport?

And it figures you have to go to hyperbole to make your point.

And the environment is not being destroyed by carbon, at worst the climate is changing, and humans can change with it.

Lol, OR PEOPLE WILL DIEEEEEEEEEEE

People have died from toxic building materials, polluted water, and air pollution is said to have been responsible for over 4 million deaths a year. I’m not being hyperbolic

it shouldn’t be a partisan thing to want to take care of our environment

Those are actual tangible impacts that have actual tangible rectifying solutions. I've worked in water and wastewater treatment for years.

The political aspect is having to implement Marxism to fix climate change, a situation that cannot truly be measured for success of failure, but evidently we have to give government ALL THE POWER or we'sa gonna die!!!!

You’re taking an extreme interpretation of it. In reality the plan that the Dems are presenting is overkill and the stance of the Reps is wholly inadequate. If we could be grown ups and actually talk about the best solutions to a common goal then perhaps we could do something. But as things stand now we can’t even agree on the common goal. How sad is that?!

Because the threat being lauded by the left of AGW is a made up threat designed for them to get the government and control they want.

How do you find a solution to Unicorn attacks if there are no such thing as Unicorns?

Do you even try to find common ground? Say that maybe you and the Left both care about the environment and Want to do what we can to reduce pollution and keep our world as clean as possible?? Or is it just, the Left is evil and fighting to control us??

A lot of people on the left just see AGW as an excuse to get their system in place. Sorry but I can't trust people who think government can solve everything, people have to give up freedom for some nefarious nebulous threat, and that only the plebes have to suffer for the sacrifice to Gaia.

Kinda like trumpers thinking government tariffs are going to solve everything?

Not everything, just China treating us like a bitch when it comes to trade.

Unfair practices, copyright infringement, government sanctioned lowering of costs, the list piles up.

Well you sure picked a loser. So far the trump tariffs hurt farming leading to a big farmer bailout. Steel is in bad shape with lots of layoffs. Oh and manufacturing hurt too.

Because of the Tarriffs or because of the COVID issues?

And short term pain is expected in a trade fight.

Unlike you I don't suck Chinese Commie dick just to spite my political opponents.

Slurp slurp slurp.

How did you feel about Trump lying and acting like the money he collected from Tariffs were somehow payments from China to balance the trade deficit instead of what they actually were which are taxes paid by US companies?

Lol wut?

What as in you don't believe Trump said that or you don't believe its a lie?

Whats the actual quote?

Whats the actual quote?! are you joking... Have you ever heard him talk about China and tariffs? He lies every time he talks about it. Heres an article from Yahoo Finance who counted 108 times he lied about it last year.

The real question is why do so many righties love fracking? We already saw how quickly the frackers are run out of business.

Ran out of business? That's news to me. Fracking is the most active industry we have. Why do we righties love fracking? Because fracking floods the market with energy. When the market is flooded with energy, prices drop. When prices of energy drop, that gives Americans more disposable income. When Americans have more disposable income, it stimulates the economy because they spend it.

I went by my local gas station today. Gas is at $1.89. Mind you, when our new governor took office, he placed a 10 cent per gallon tax on gasoline to support road infrastructure.

Fracking is nothing more than a more expensive way of releasing gas and oil for economical processing. The only reason they go out of production (often not business) is that easier to extract fields are found and temporarily reduce the value of crude/gas. It still is an economical way of increasing reserves which lowers costs overall.
Frackers are all deeply in debt or bankrupt.
Link us up to where all frackers are deeple in debt or bankrupt.

I called you out yesterday when you lied about all of them being bankrupt. Now you have changed your story, but it is still all lies.
Not hard to find.

50 since March? You are so fucking stupid you think 50 oil and gas firms make up all "frackers"?

Thanks for proving you are a lying sack of shit and a complete moron. :iyfyus.jpg:
Just since March sure makes them sound successful. Nothing like debt and bankruptcy.
Nothing like you getting caught in a blatant lie.
No blatant lie, they are garbage companies that are either bankrupt or deeply in debt.

How does 50 or so go to "all frackers"?
How many frackers are there? I'm quite certain as a percent that is a huge number. Can you name any real successful frackers?

Can you name any actually frackers besides the ones listed in the article you twat-waddling cuck?
Are you dodging my question? I can only name failed ones. Now you think it's such a great thing so share the success stories.

No, your question is retarded. You are the one making the statement that most frackers are going bankrupt, back it up, bitch.

How does Biden feel about fracking? Monday Joe said “he would not ban fracking”, much different then the positions claimed in the past. Which way is the wind blowing next week?

If you listened to more than sound bites then you might better understand this stuff

Not too much to understand here. Did Biden say he'd get rid of fracking or didn't he? What his he saying today?

Not for the near future. He has a plan to eliminate fossil fuels by 2050 but that is dependent on the development of green energy. As for fracking the only thing he has said is that he wouldn’t approve new permits on federal land. 90% of fracking is done on private land so it wasn’t a very substantial policy. Like with most issues there are many complex elements. You can’t simply listen to talking points and sound bites

No, I watched the video in the OP where one of the segments he said he would end all fossil fuel. I don't know if you know this or not, but fracking is part of obtaining fossil fuel.

Yes he wants to end it by 2050 as green energy infrastructure gets developed and can replace it. I think I said that in my last post

Question: Would there be anyplace for fossil fuels, like coal and fracking IN A BIDEN ADMINISTRATION.

The question was not about future administrations, it was about his administration. In his administration, as Joe said, it would be eliminated. He can't eliminate it in 2050 because not only would his administration be long gone, but so will Joe.

A President cannot set policy for future administrations. Each administration has their own policies.

Almost all presidents have plans that project out a decade or more. Biden has all the details on his fracking stance and environmental plans on his website. Why don’t you read that instead of putting all your eggs on a one sentence answer during a debate?

For one, I don't want to fall asleep at my computer. Two, those are plans created by his handlers and not Biden. What Biden says live is more honest as he has no time to think or have his planners answer for him. He speaks in his own words.

I don't know how much you know about fracking, but it works like this: They drill holes in the ground, and turn those drills horizontal so as to be able to drill sideways, and create a lot of new tunnels from that one hole going straight down into the ground.

Even with all those horizontal tunnels, they can only drill so far, meaning that once all the energy is extracted from those tunnels, they have to pack up and go somewhere else to start the process all over again.

If they cannot get permits for the next site, they can no longer drill. That means as these sites get exhausted, those are the last sites they will be able to drill on.

Bottom line is that if by some miracle Biden wins the presidency, and even if he doesn't stop all fracking immediately, our sources to get new energy will be depleted. As we use up those spots, and can't go to more, less and less energy gets produced. The less energy that gets produced, the higher the costs go because the commodities investors are always looking for signs to invest their money properly for profit.

You realize that only 10% of fracking is done on federal land right? You don’t think we are smart enough to get off fossil fuels in 30 years?

It has nothing to do with being smart enough, it has to do with it being economical enough. We can turn the country green tomorrow, if you want to pay five times the amount of money for energy that we do today.

The US currently produces around 4.5 million barrels of oil per year. What is 10% of that?

That's not to mention that even on private land, EPA regulations have to be followed; regulations that can be influenced by a President based on his goals.

Cool cool. Do you think we are smart enough to get off fossil fuel in a more economical way in the next 30 years?

I'm not a Democrat, therefore I don't claim to see into the future. In a 100 years? Perhaps. Again, it isn't about being smart enough. It would have been smart for Henry Ford to put fuel injection in his Model-T, but we didn't have nearly that kind of technology yet.

Currently, there is no substitute that delivers the reliability and power fossil fuels provide. Wind mills, solar panels, all nice, but expensive and very weak. CA is now trying to encourage their citizens to conserve energy so they don't have yet another major blackout. It doesn't work.

You have to let technological improvements happen on their own time. It's something you cannot force. One cannot say they want to be totally green by 2050 when they don't even know what kind of advancements will be made by that time. It's like the government in 1930 saying they want to see cell phones and internet by the year 1950.

Tech improvements happen by setting goals and priorities. We put a man on the moon. We didn’t do that because all of a sudden somebody found a space shuttle. Look where tech was 30 years ago and look at it now

Putting a man on the moon didn't require me to give up my ICE car for an electric, or require brown outs due to stupid power generation governmental restrictions, or constant whining about how the world will end if I run my AC a few degrees cooler.

It happened through steps, focus and progression. The same thing with the plan to get off fossil fuels and utilize cleaner energy sources so we can better treat our environment

No, right now it goes through force. Ban ICE vehicles, reduce availible power when the grid can't get enough supply, ban people from installing gas lines into new houses for appliances. Ban certain light bulbs, force crazy fuel economy standards, shut down streets to make traffic worse for cars, and the list goes on.

Government didn't need to ban horses to get people to use motor vehicles, it happened because motor vehicles were the superior product.

have you ever seen the pictures of streets when horses were the primary means of transport?

And the environment is not being destroyed by carbon, at worst the climate is changing, and humans can change with it.

People have died from toxic building materials, polluted water, and air pollution is said to have been responsible for over 4 million deaths a year. I’m not being hyperbolic

Those are actual tangible impacts that have actual tangible rectifying solutions. I've worked in water and wastewater treatment for years.

The political aspect is having to implement Marxism to fix climate change, a situation that cannot truly be measured for success of failure, but evidently we have to give government ALL THE POWER or we'sa gonna die!!!!

You’re taking an extreme interpretation of it. In reality the plan that the Dems are presenting is overkill and the stance of the Reps is wholly inadequate. If we could be grown ups and actually talk about the best solutions to a common goal then perhaps we could do something. But as things stand now we can’t even agree on the common goal. How sad is that?!

Because the threat being lauded by the left of AGW is a made up threat designed for them to get the government and control they want.

How do you find a solution to Unicorn attacks if there are no such thing as Unicorns?

Do you even try to find common ground? Say that maybe you and the Left both care about the environment and Want to do what we can to reduce pollution and keep our world as clean as possible?? Or is it just, the Left is evil and fighting to control us??

A lot of people on the left just see AGW as an excuse to get their system in place. Sorry but I can't trust people who think government can solve everything, people have to give up freedom for some nefarious nebulous threat, and that only the plebes have to suffer for the sacrifice to Gaia.

Unfair practices, copyright infringement, government sanctioned lowering of costs, the list piles up.

Well you sure picked a loser. So far the trump tariffs hurt farming leading to a big farmer bailout. Steel is in bad shape with lots of layoffs. Oh and manufacturing hurt too.

Unlike you I don't suck Chinese Commie dick just to spite my political opponents.

Slurp slurp slurp.

How did you feel about Trump lying and acting like the money he collected from Tariffs were somehow payments from China to balance the trade deficit instead of what they actually were which are taxes paid by US companies?

Lol wut?

Whats the actual quote?

Whats the actual quote?! are you joking... Have you ever heard him talk about China and tariffs? He lies every time he talks about it. Heres an article from Yahoo Finance who counted 108 times he lied about it last year.

Ah, semantics, the last refuge of the scoundrel. I know Trump is a blowhard and states things that can be considered not correct, but calling them all lies is just spin.

The real question is why do so many righties love fracking? We already saw how quickly the frackers are run out of business.

Ran out of business? That's news to me. Fracking is the most active industry we have. Why do we righties love fracking? Because fracking floods the market with energy. When the market is flooded with energy, prices drop. When prices of energy drop, that gives Americans more disposable income. When Americans have more disposable income, it stimulates the economy because they spend it.

I went by my local gas station today. Gas is at $1.89. Mind you, when our new governor took office, he placed a 10 cent per gallon tax on gasoline to support road infrastructure.

Fracking is nothing more than a more expensive way of releasing gas and oil for economical processing. The only reason they go out of production (often not business) is that easier to extract fields are found and temporarily reduce the value of crude/gas. It still is an economical way of increasing reserves which lowers costs overall.

I called you out yesterday when you lied about all of them being bankrupt. Now you have changed your story, but it is still all lies.
Not hard to find.

50 since March? You are so fucking stupid you think 50 oil and gas firms make up all "frackers"?

Thanks for proving you are a lying sack of shit and a complete moron. :iyfyus.jpg:
Just since March sure makes them sound successful. Nothing like debt and bankruptcy.
No blatant lie, they are garbage companies that are either bankrupt or deeply in debt.

How many frackers are there? I'm quite certain as a percent that is a huge number. Can you name any real successful frackers?

Can you name any actually frackers besides the ones listed in the article you twat-waddling cuck?
Are you dodging my question? I can only name failed ones. Now you think it's such a great thing so share the success stories.

No, your question is retarded. You are the one making the statement that most frackers are going bankrupt, back it up, bitch.
What about my question about Trumps lies about Tariffs??? You never responded to that.

Not hard to find.

I already did. Did you forget already? Sounds like you love fracking but can't name a single success story? Oh now that is just dumb.

Not hard to find.

What about my question about Trumps lies about Tariffs??? You never responded to that.

"lies"

He's a blowhard, he's trying to get China to play nice on trade and you guys hit for the chickenshit of him being a blowhard.

Guess what?

Don't care.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period" hurt me far more than any Trump "lie"

Not hard to find.

I already did. Did you forget already? Sounds like you love fracking but can't name a single success story? Oh now that is just dumb.

Success is shown by the lowering of prices for gas and oil. I don't need to show shit. Dem twats like you want to ban fracking to help Russia via higher oil and gas prices.

And of course, as always, go fuck yourself.

Not hard to find.

What success story fracking is:
More than 230 North American oil and gas producers, owing at least $152 billion in debt, have filed for bankruptcy since the beginning of 2015, according to the latest report from law firm Haynes & Boone. In the second quarter alone, companies that went bankrupt had total debts of $29 billion. The restructurings are showing no signs of letting up, as June tied for the busiest month on record with seven oil and gas bankruptcies, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That month, the shale bust marked a grim milestone by claiming the pioneer of America’s drilling renaissance, Chesapeake Energy Corp. For other parts of the shale supply chain, 2020 is also on pace to be the biggest year of bankruptcies in terms of debt owed.

The production boom propelled the U.S. to become the world’s largest producer of both oil and gas. But in doing so, explorers burned through some $342 billion of cash since 2010, leaving little in the way of returns for investors. The biggest oilfield service and equipment companies invested roughly $85 billion in their businesses over the past decade, only to see their earnings fall by $4.7 billion and net debt climb by $19 billion in that same period, according to an Evercore study in February.

Not hard to find.

Success is shown by the lowering of prices for gas and oil. I don't need to show shit. Dem twats like you want to ban fracking to help Russia via higher oil and gas prices.

And of course, as always, go fuck yourself.
Yeah you can't show shit cause it don't exist. You and trump love bankruptcy.

Not hard to find.

More than 230 North American oil and gas producers, owing at least $152 billion in debt, have filed for bankruptcy since the beginning of 2015, according to the latest report from law firm Haynes & Boone. In the second quarter alone, companies that went bankrupt had total debts of $29 billion. The restructurings are showing no signs of letting up, as June tied for the busiest month on record with seven oil and gas bankruptcies, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That month, the shale bust marked a grim milestone by claiming the pioneer of America’s drilling renaissance, Chesapeake Energy Corp. For other parts of the shale supply chain, 2020 is also on pace to be the biggest year of bankruptcies in terms of debt owed.

The production boom propelled the U.S. to become the world’s largest producer of both oil and gas. But in doing so, explorers burned through some $342 billion of cash since 2010, leaving little in the way of returns for investors. The biggest oilfield service and equipment companies invested roughly $85 billion in their businesses over the past decade, only to see their earnings fall by $4.7 billion and net debt climb by $19 billion in that same period, according to an Evercore study in February.

No context, no total value of companies in the industry, no information on if the restructuring was successful and if the companies returned to profitability.

Your information is useless, just like your posts, you snot-goblin.

Not hard to find.

No context, no total value of companies in the industry, no information on if the restructuring was successful and if the companies returned to profitability.

Waiting for your fracking success stories. Just admit you are wrong already, it's embarrassing the way you keep going.

Not hard to find.

Waiting for your fracking success stories. Just admit you are wrong already, it's embarrassing the way you keep going.

Who writes stories on companies that make money and are profitable?

More idiocy from you.

Fracking's success is shown by the very low prices for oil and gas that force less efficient companies to fold or reorganize.

Not hard to find.

Who writes stories on companies that make money and are profitable?

More idiocy from you.

Fracking's success is shown by the very low prices for oil and gas that force less efficient companies to fold or reorganize.
Actually low prices show the doom of fracking. And look at how much money wasted on a failed business.

Not hard to find.

"lies"

He's a blowhard, he's trying to get China to play nice on trade and you guys hit for the chickenshit of him being a blowhard.

Guess what?

Don't care.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period" hurt me far more than any Trump "lie"
Haha, nice deflection.

Slurp slurp slurp.

Lol wut?

Whats the actual quote?

Ah, semantics, the last refuge of the scoundrel. I know Trump is a blowhard and states things that can be considered not correct, but calling them all lies is just spin.

If it wasn’t a lie then he really thinks that China is paying the tariffs and he is a complete fucking moron. The thought of him being that clueless is even scarier than him being a liar

Not hard to find.

According you there aren't any frackers left.

Why is that a better question? When you are teaching your kid manners is it a better question for him to ask how you're going to teach the neighbors kids manners?

You start by taking care of your own responsibilities. Moving from there... You can limit the business you do with other countries based on environmental and humanitarian standards. You can also develop technology that is cleaner and cheaper for other countries to adopt. Obama had a climate accord where the worlds largest countries were communicating and setting goals. Trump shit on it. Way to go Mr douchbag president.

All the Paris accord did was give other countries the means to control our industry. You want that?

How do you limit the business our companies do with another country? We can't do that now. We have no control over what other countries do, only our own. It's fruitless for us to dump trillions of dollars to cleanup our country when other countries will continue doing business as usual.
The Paris Agreement did not 'do' anything and certainly did not give other nations the means to control our industry. The accord goals for each nation were set by the nations themselves and included absolutely zero enforcement measures - the goals that we set for ourselves could also be utterly ignored. That really was the main reason pulling out of it was rather silly - it is not as though there was anything to gain by not being engaged.

The only thing the Paris Agreement really accomplished was starting a dialogue. It is hard to argue that a dialog is a bad thing even if it is not being used appropriately.

Why is that a better question? When you are teaching your kid manners is it a better question for him to ask how you're going to teach the neighbors kids manners?

You start by taking care of your own responsibilities. Moving from there... You can limit the business you do with other countries based on environmental and humanitarian standards. You can also develop technology that is cleaner and cheaper for other countries to adopt. Obama had a climate accord where the worlds largest countries were communicating and setting goals. Trump shit on it. Way to go Mr douchbag president.

All the Paris accord did was give other countries the means to control our industry. You want that?

How do you limit the business our companies do with another country? We can't do that now. We have no control over what other countries do, only our own. It's fruitless for us to dump trillions of dollars to cleanup our country when other countries will continue doing business as usual.
The Paris Agreement did not 'do' anything and certainly did not give other nations the means to control our industry. The accord goals for each nation were set by the nations themselves and included absolutely zero enforcement measures - the goals that we set for ourselves could also be utterly ignored. That really was the main reason pulling out of it was rather silly - it is not as though there was anything to gain by not being engaged.

The only thing the Paris Agreement really accomplished was starting a dialogue. It is hard to argue that a dialog is a bad thing even if it is not being used appropriately.
He pulled out because it was something Obama did and he was on a war path to deconstruct Obama. No logic or strategy to it besides political bragging points

He pulled out because it was something Obama did and he was on a war path to deconstruct Obama. No logic or strategy to it besides political bragging points
I know why he pulled out - I made no comment on Trump in my post at all.

Forum List

Back