Joe Biden Says That More Blacks Should Be Hired As NFL Coaches

There sure seem to be an awful lot of black athletes in a highly meritocratic industry like the NFL. Does it stop being meritocratic and just become about racism once you get to the coach level?
White people have never had a problem being entertained by black people even at the height of racism this was the case,

White people have never had a problem being entertained by black people even at the height of racism this was the case,
Coaches are an integral part of that entertainment. Is racism the reason that there aren't more black coaches? I'm not saying there is no hiring bias when it comes to skin color when we're talking about society at large.

There sure seem to be an awful lot of black athletes in a highly meritocratic industry like the NFL. Does it stop being meritocratic and just become about racism once you get to the coach level?

They choose Running Backs, Wide Receivers, and Defensive Backs, based on talent.... But coaches, they choose based on skin color. :rolleyes:

No. They ain't. Fans don't go to games to watch the coach
The coach is an important part of winning the game. There is a lot of money and prestige on the line when it comes to wins and losses in that industry. Fans want their teams to win for their entertainment. NFL coaches are selected based on merit, not skin color.

They choose Running Backs, Wide Receivers, and Defensive Backs, based on talent.... But coaches, they choose based on skin color. :rolleyes:
Exactly. I think these people have no idea how important coaches are to the team. They are also selected based on talent.

Do you think those statistics hold true across all industries, or is it maybe a lot different depending on if you're talking about applying for a job at a jewelry store or a job in the NFL?
Does it matter?

Lakisha uses profanity in front of the customers but you cant let her go cause she’s the only black worker you have and she’s already threatened to file an EO civil rights complaint

but we have a black guy who is demanding to be given a head coaching job and is crying racism till he gets it

if it were anyone except the disgusting “woke” NFL I’d feel sorry for the league

Does it matter?
Yes, because most people are desperately terrible at understanding the nuances of statistics, and it leads them to believing ridiculous things like that NFL coaches are selected based on skin color rather than merit.

Skin color only matters to racists.
Biden has his head in his ass as usual. Employment should reflect demographics (if qualifications are not paramount) according to the woke crowd. Using that logic, there are 32 teams in the NFL. Black people comprise about 13% of the US population. Simple math tells me that 13% of 32 equals 4.16. In 2021 season, there were 3 black head coaches--seems that is pretty close to demographics. Now before I get hammered with "Now there is only one!" Take into account that the head coaching position is held by SUCCESSFUL coaches. One inevitable thing that happens after every season is the firing of unsuccessful head coaches. This season--two of those were black. Should an owner be forced to keep a head coach who is not successful?

Anomalism
The coach is an important part of winning the game.

I agree.

Anomalism
There is a lot of money and prestige on the line when it comes to wins and losses in that industry. NFL coaches are selected based on merit, not skin color

Coaches are chosen based on whiteness, As our jobs. Will this person “fit in” with the team ? Do they have “enough” experience? Will they be able to relate to the customer fan base? All of these evaluations are judgment calls. The kind of judgment calls that are often susceptible to racism.

Whether or not a person can run a touchdown, is great running back is not nearly as subjective,

And as I said whites have always been willing to let black people entertain them, even at the height of segregation.

Will this person “fit in” with the team ?
You mean teams that tend to have a lot of black people playing for them? They want coaches that win and generate a lot of money/success for the team. That's the important part. The NFL is a highly meritocratic industry when it comes to players and coaches. In this instance you are wrong. Do you think the most valuable doctors and engineers in the world are being selected based on skin color too?
Coaches are chosen based on whiteness
Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Also anybody ever notice that it's only about black people that should get more jobs? I never heard anybody say that more Asian people should get them or Native Americans. There was a whole entire baseball team (The Cleveland Indians) named after them, but people didn't like that. And The Cleveland Africans (not like that even makes sense though lol) or Blacks would have been even worse.

Forum List

Back