John Oliver on health care

"For-profit dialysis companies often maximize their profits at the expense of their patients. John Oliver explores why a medical clinic is nothing like a Taco Bell."

I reckon John, like all others on the monolithic left, wants to take all profits out of health care so that the people working at Taco Bell will some day be doing their dialysis.

Nice.

How many pieces of gold did Jesus require before curing the sick? In the Declaration of Independence the second paragraph describes one founders words - signed off by many others*** - of the spirit which defined our country:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that
they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among
these are B, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these
rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers
from the consent of the governed
Who would argue that health care is not an unalienable right, other than a callous conservative?

***Signers of the Declaration of Independence

And given the recent town hall meetings of Republican Members of the H. or Rep. the people are speaking loudly and clearly that the ACA's repeal does not have their consent.

Whip the Jesus card out, eh?

Why do you assume that Congress opted out of Obamacare that they forced on the rest of us? Do unto others as you would have them do to you ring a bell?

How about Vets that are under government health care and put on secret death lists? Does that concern you at all?

Now that the Jesus card has failed, it's now time to whip the Hitler card out I think.

The Jesus Card? Well, if you insist, why do you always pull out the Joker Card?

Have you ever been to the VA? I doubt it, but the one in SF I'm familiar with is fantastic. Caring staff and clean, great follow up and no long waits.

Secret death lists? Really, if they're secret how would anyone know? LOL, I see, you played the joker. I bet you think its the trump care, its not, its the wild card.

BTW, I can only go by what the Nuns told us about Jesus, as an agnostic I suspect Jesus existed and was a man, not conceive by a holy ghost but by another man, and Mary was no virgin. But the myth(?) has legs, unlike the meme's posted as absolute truths by your side of the aisle.

I'll give you a little education sonny. I know of a family member who entered the service, started boot camp, and began having health problems.

To make a long story short, they said he needed emergency surgery, which screwed him up some more. He consulted another doctor outside the VA and said that the surgery was not needed. His health deteriorated and they pushed him out of the service and refused to pay for his medical care. He died a few years ago in his mid 20's. The child's parents wrote legislators and even Obama himself and with no response. They consulted JAG lawyers who simply laughed and said this sort of thing was common place and next to noting they could do for him.

So suck it.

"For-profit dialysis companies often maximize their profits at the expense of their patients. John Oliver explores why a medical clinic is nothing like a Taco Bell."

I reckon John, like all others on the monolithic left, wants to take all profits out of health care so that the people working at Taco Bell will some day be doing their dialysis.

Nice.

How many pieces of gold did Jesus require before curing the sick? In the Declaration of Independence the second paragraph describes one founders words - signed off by many others*** - of the spirit which defined our country:

Who would argue that health care is not an unalienable right, other than a callous conservative?

And given the recent town hall meetings of Republican Members of the H. or Rep. the people are speaking loudly and clearly that the ACA's repeal does not have their consent.

Why do you assume that Congress opted out of Obamacare that they forced on the rest of us? Do unto others as you would have them do to you ring a bell?

How about Vets that are under government health care and put on secret death lists? Does that concern you at all?

Now that the Jesus card has failed, it's now time to whip the Hitler card out I think.

Blue Jesus: And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them.

Moral of the story: Blue Jesus hates profit, and believes health care should be free.

Red Jesus: "I will not heal you, blind man, until you show me some ID."

Nice.

Blue Jesus: And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them.

Moral of the story: Blue Jesus hates profit, and believes health care should be free.

Believe it or not, that particular story Hitler loved the most as well, so you are in good company.. In large part, Hitler rejected the entire NT EXCEPT where he kicks the butt of greedy Jews.

But if you knew anything about the Bible at all, even remotely, you would know that the issue was not making a profit. Lots of people did that around him but he did not react the same. Neither was the issue that all Jews were greedy vermin that Hitler entertained. No, the issue was that they were defiling a place of worship by buying and selling things.

Dolt.

john oliver just bought a huge home using a tax break he would condemn if people knew about it.......he wants other people to pay taxes...while he avoids them...

What tax break was that?

I started a thread......

But here you go....

So it’s a little surprising to discover that just months before, Oliver had a tax attorney set up two revocable trusts, one for him and one for his wife, to hide the couple’s purchase of a $9.5 million Manhattan penthouse. Then he used a tax loophole created by Donald Trump himself back in the 1970s, when the current president was merely a prominent New York real estate developer and aspiring celebrity author.

The loophole in question is the banally named “421-a” tax dodge, which was recently attacked in a Daily News op-ed written by two New York state Democrats, one a senator and the other an assemblyman. They said that the original 421-a tax exemption was “designed to encourage new development in locations that were vacant or underutilized,” but that Trump wanted to use it in 1980 when he bought Bonwit Teller in midtown Manhattan. The plan was to tear it down and build Trump Tower, which would mix office space and luxury condos.

“Told by Mayor Ed Koch that the Bonwit site could not qualify for a 421-a tax break, Trump and his lawyer — the infamous Roy Cohn — sued the city,” the News op-ed recalls. “In the end, they won a tax exemption worth $50 million for the extravagant Trump Tower. More importantly, Trump’s lawsuit established that all new development, even luxury projects, would be automatically eligible for the 421-a exemption.”

The article said that the 421-a provision, which expired last year in a political impasse but that Albany is considering revising, will rob state coffers of $1.3 billion of revenue “this year alone in foregone property taxes.”

But just four months before Oliver’s July show, he had hired slick New York law firm Proskauer Rose LLP, which, in addition to union-busting and representing BP America, ChevronTexaco and ExxonMobil, specializes in helping the rich find tax breaks and buy real estate. Proskauer also has a long-time Private Client Servicesgroup, whose “lawyers handle complex tax and estate planning matters for wealthy multinational families,” as well as “executives, Internet entrepreneurs, art collectors and investors, professionals and real estate developers, among others,” according to its website.

Oliver’s lawyer at the firm was Jay Waxenberg, who “focuses his practice on estate and tax planning and estate and trust administration.” Waxenberg, the website goes on, “represents many families with significant multigenerational wealth, and has assisted them in the structuring of their estate plans so as to minimize gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes in the transmission of their wealth through several generations.”

In other words, Waxenberg is exactly the type of fancy pants attorney who helps his 1 percent clientele get the tax breaks and use the loopholes that Oliver gets such mileage deriding on TV.

In Oliver’s case, Waxenberg set up two revocable trusts — JO, named for John Oliver, and KNO, named for his wife Kate Norley Oliver — with Waxenberg as the trustee and his law firm serving as the trusts’ registered address. The trusts were then used to create a shell company called Hoagie’s Place LLC, named for Oliver’s beloved dog. Incidentally, Kate Norley Oliver’s New York voter registration shows she is a Democrat and lives in the penthouse in question.

Thank you.

Nice.

Believe it or not, that particular story Hitler loved the most as well, so you are in good company.. In large part, Hitler rejected the entire NT EXCEPT where he kicks the butt of greedy Jews.

But if you knew anything about the Bible at all, even remotely, you would know that the issue was not making a profit. Lots of people did that around him but he did not react the same. Neither was the issue that all Jews were greedy vermin that Hitler entertained. No, the issue was that they were defiling a place of worship by buying and selling things.

Dolt.

I read part of the bible once, in a motel in Santa Barbara with my then girl friend - we were watching Sparticus and were curious as to its biblical history. If I recall correctly, it was a very short paragraph.

BTW, I see you've begun to sign your posts. Is Dolt your first name, or a nickname you acquired as a child?

Nice.

Have you ever been to the VA? I doubt it, but the one in SF I'm familiar with is fantastic. Caring staff and clean, great follow up and no long waits.

Secret death lists? Really, if they're secret how would anyone know? LOL, I see, you played the joker. I bet you think its the trump care, its not, its the wild card.

BTW, I can only go by what the Nuns told us about Jesus, as an agnostic I suspect Jesus existed and was a man, not conceive by a holy ghost but by another man, and Mary was no virgin. But the myth(?) has legs, unlike the meme's posted as absolute truths by your side of the aisle.

I'll give you a little education sonny. I know of a family member who entered the service, started boot camp, and began having health problems.

To make a long story short, they said he needed emergency surgery, which screwed him up some more. He consulted another doctor outside the VA and said that the surgery was not needed. His health deteriorated and they pushed him out of the service and refused to pay for his medical care. He died a few years ago in his mid 20's. The child's parents wrote legislators and even Obama himself and with no response. They consulted JAG lawyers who simply laughed and said this sort of thing was common place and next to noting they could do for him.

So suck it.

I know a guy whose ex-wife's younger sister's boss told her, his daughter, married a guy who choked while in boot camp on fired baloney served in the mess hall and was immediately provided first aid; later, under his doctors order, he received his orders to serve at the Pentagon, since no one serves Generals fried baloney.

Nice.

So suck it.

I know a guy whose ex-wife's younger sister's boss told her, his daughter, married a guy who choked while in boot camp on fired baloney served in the mess hall and was immediately provided first aid; later, under his doctors order, he received his orders to serve at the Pentagon, since no one serves Generals fried baloney.

I didn't think you cared. Most left wingers despise the military even though pretty much every major war in US history was started by a Dim President.

Nice.

He can't help being a dumbass… Is it just

Nice.

As an American citizen I have no right to healthcare, but I do have a right to earn my healthcare

Nice.

The VA is a joke

Nice.

The VA is a joke

What is the punch line?

Nice.

Dr Ben Carlson wants to make healthcare insurance companies non-profit thus lowering the profit out of healthcare.
Ben Carson on Health Care
Most other countries negotiate with the providers the cost of their services. This is a major reason other countries have much, much lower costs for their healthcare than the US. Yet their healthcare is better than or equal to the healthcare in the US.
But then we have people in the US who want to keep paying outrageous prices for their healthcare.
Why? Damned if I know. It makes zero sense.

Nice.

Dr Ben Carlson wants to make healthcare insurance companies non-profit thus lowering the profit out of healthcare.
Most other countries negotiate with the providers the cost of their services. This is a major reason other countries have much, much lower costs for their healthcare than the US. Yet their healthcare is better than or equal to the healthcare in the US.
But then we have people in the US who want to keep paying outrageous prices for their healthcare.

Sorry...not accurate......the social welfare states have healthcare systems that are collapsing..they can't afford them and the quality of care is crashing....

Nice.

Sorry...not accurate......the social welfare states have healthcare systems that are collapsing..they can't afford them and the quality of care is crashing....

:link:

Oh and the cost of healthcare in the US hurts the US economy.
How health care affects the economy

https://aspe.hhs.gov/basic-report/effects-health-care-spending-us-economy

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-06-19-health-economy_N.htm

http://www.aarp.org/ppi/issues/secu...-of-rising-healthcare-costs-AARP-ppi-sec.html

Forum List

Back