Juan Williams Loses Job At NPR For Telling The Truth

So, unfolding information since earlier.

We already posted that George Soros gave $1 million to Media Matters this past week and apparently it was to scrutinize anybody on Fox News and do whatever is necessary to destroy those people.

And apparently George Soros gave $1.8 million to NPR this past week or at least recently and you don't give that kind of donation without some strings being attached.

Coincidence you think?
SOROS DERANGEMENT SYNDROME :cuckoo:

Of course that's all it is....:cuckoo:

I'm sure you would give away millions and expecting nothing in return. :cuckoo:
Do you mean like FOX donating to the GOP and expecting nothing in return?????:confused:

I heard fox news just gave Juan Williams some deal that is like 2x what NPR was paying him.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Fox commentators don't misdirect about where their political leanings are.
Sure, they are Right there "Fair and Balanced" in the middle like the "registered Independent" Slick Willie O'Rilley.
Oh wait a minute, he's a registered Republican.
Never mind.

Why do we even have a state press? It's an obsolete relic leaching public funds.

I think they should just fire NPR.. it's just another liberal waste of taxpayers money..

Of course that's all it is....:cuckoo:

I'm sure you would give away millions and expecting nothing in return. :cuckoo:
Do you mean like FOX donating to the GOP and expecting nothing in return?????:confused:

Oh....who has Fox fired lately? :cuckoo:
Fox News Kills Story and Fires Reporters
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1pKlnhvg0[/ame]

Steve Wilson & Jane Akre, Catherine Herridge, Harmeen Jones, Jennifer Locke, John Loftus, Mike Sheehan, etc.

Last edited:
Looks like Williams is going to land on his feet just fine.

"I don't fit in their box. I'm not a predictable, black liberal," he told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly.

Williams, who Fox announced Thursday would be taking on an "expanded" role with that network and had signed a multi-year contract, joined NPR a decade ago as host of Talk of the Nation and later became a senior correspondent. But he rankled executives with outspoken remarks on Fox News, where he was also a paid commentator, and in newspaper opinion pieces. In the spring of 2008, NPR shifted him from a staff correspondent position, making him instead a senior news analyst on contract. In 2009, NPR also asked Fox News not to identify him as an NPR analyst on screen — most recently, after he described first lady Michelle Obama as being like the black militant Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress.

Juan Williams: NPR Went After Me Because 'I Appear On Fox' : The Two-Way : NPR

Gee, there's a shock! Seems old Juan had been sidling up to Faux News for sometime.....he'll just be a their new Alan Colmes.

I think they should just fire NPR.. it's just another liberal waste of taxpayers money..

I have been a regular contributor to NPR and PBS for a long time now. But after this last stunt no more. And I think that is pretty much where a whole lot of people are on this. Some in Congress are also calling to pull all federal funding too. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of corporate sponsors also rethink funding NPR programming etc.

When even Whoopie Goldberg goes public and denounces NPR's actions on this, I think we can reasonably guess that there is widespread disapproval of NPR right now. :)

I have been a regular contributor to NPR and PBS for a long time now. But after this last stunt no more. And I think that is pretty much where a whole lot of people are on this. Some in Congress are also calling to pull all federal funding too. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of corporate sponsors also rethink funding NPR programming etc.

When even Whoopie Goldberg goes public and denounces NPR's actions on this, I think we can reasonably guess that there is widespread disapproval of NPR right now. :)

Whoopi has to denounce NPR's actions because of the bitching and moaning she and her supporters did when Slimfast dumped her which was another stupid corporate move, but legally within their rights.

In case you forgot, one of many links regarding Slimfast's treatment of Whoopi Goldberg...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/jul/15/advertising.uselections2004

Immie

Last edited:

Lady Foxfyre.. you are correct.. as usual

NPR wasn't overly fond of Williams' NPR ties being identified on Fox. They've been looking for a reason to cut Williams loose.

That's what I've read anyway...

NPR Tells Fox News: Please Don't Associate Juan Williams With Us

I concur.....over the years Juan Williams was becoming sort of 'Alan Colmes light' when he'd comment on Fox News Sunday morning show. So it's no surprise that NPR would pounce on any excuse to dump him.....and giving ANY type of credence on any level to one of the neocon punditry's biggest blowhards was that excuse.

And THAT was NPR's big mistake....because essentially they've handed a major win on the talking points wars to the neocon punditry for the next few months. What Williams said was NOTHING that hasn't gone through the minds of the majority of non-muslim Americans regardless of race creed or color. That he said it while O'Reilly was blowing the foghorn about the NY mosque construction controversy just rubbed the NPR management (and a large number of their audience, I'll wager) the wrong way.

I say, give it a rest NPR. Next time, just have the stones to say flat out WHY you're firing someone, and don't wait to do it on some superfluous point.

"What Williams said was NOTHING that hasn't gone through the minds of the majority of non-muslim Americans regardless of race creed or color."

NPR is low to have done what they have, and in the manner in which they executed the fatal delivery of this man's job, who has worked for them for ten years. On the frigging phone!!!!!

And here is what Juan also said, after the remark that is being touted: ( remark included )

"But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous." ( Juan explaining his honest feelings )

Williams also commented on remarks by Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad warning Americans that the fight is coming to the U.S."He said the war with Muslims, America's war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts," Williams said.

FoxNews.com - NPR Fires Juan Williams; Fox News Expands His Role

Ahhh, but he says this post O'Reilly's bullhorning about his latest run in with The View crowd. Essentially, Williams gives sideways credence to O'Reilly's neocon based rants about the cultural center/mosque proposed construction near Ground Zero in New York. He's been doing a similar verbal dance on the Fox News Sunday morning shows for years now.

Since NPR is predominantly a news/feature news station.....it does NOT lean hard to the left of politics, nor does it lean hard to the right of politics either. I suspect the NPR management has been growing impatient with Williams performance for years...but if you're going to fire someone, pick and choose the right and proper time, so when you give a reason, it won't come off like a blatant political partisan attack, as O'Reilly and the rest of the neocon punditry will now state loudly and often for the next few weeks, if not months.

Real bonehead move by NPR.

I concur.....over the years Juan Williams was becoming sort of 'Alan Colmes light' when he'd comment on Fox News Sunday morning show. So it's no surprise that NPR would pounce on any excuse to dump him.....and giving ANY type of credence on any level to one of the neocon punditry's biggest blowhards was that excuse.

And THAT was NPR's big mistake....because essentially they've handed a major win on the talking points wars to the neocon punditry for the next few months. What Williams said was NOTHING that hasn't gone through the minds of the majority of non-muslim Americans regardless of race creed or color. That he said it while O'Reilly was blowing the foghorn about the NY mosque construction controversy just rubbed the NPR management (and a large number of their audience, I'll wager) the wrong way.

I say, give it a rest NPR. Next time, just have the stones to say flat out WHY you're firing someone, and don't wait to do it on some superfluous point.

"What Williams said was NOTHING that hasn't gone through the minds of the majority of non-muslim Americans regardless of race creed or color."

NPR is low to have done what they have, and in the manner in which they executed the fatal delivery of this man's job, who has worked for them for ten years. On the frigging phone!!!!!

And here is what Juan also said, after the remark that is being touted: ( remark included )

"But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous." ( Juan explaining his honest feelings )

Williams also commented on remarks by Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad warning Americans that the fight is coming to the U.S."He said the war with Muslims, America's war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts," Williams said.

Ahhh, but he says this post O'Reilly's bullhorning about his latest run in with The View crowd. Essentially, Williams gives sideways credence to O'Reilly's neocon based rants about the cultural center/mosque proposed construction near Ground Zero in New York. He's been doing a similar verbal dance on the Fox News Sunday morning shows for years now.

Since NPR is predominantly a news/feature news station.....it does NOT lean hard to the left of politics, nor does it lean hard to the right of politics either. I suspect the NPR management has been growing impatient with Williams performance for years...but if you're going to fire someone, pick and choose the right and proper time, so when you give a reason, it won't come off like a blatant political partisan attack, as O'Reilly and the rest of the neocon punditry will now state loudly and often for the next few weeks, if not months.

O'Reilly is a neocon now?

when are you going to actually show that you know what the fuck a neocon actually is
cause your post show you are too fucking stupid about the subject

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

:confused: You're teasing us, correct??

Oh, and just to keep things on an even keel.......don't anyone think that Fox News won't dump ANY of their on-air talent in a heartbeat if they dare to break ranks and NOT preach the party mantra of the GOP/Tea Bag election committees more than once and/or on a "liberal"/"progressive" show.

Remember how the GOP threw McCain under the bus? Did Fox punditry stand up for him in earnest?

Forum List

Back