Juan Williams Loses Job At NPR For Telling The Truth

There's no reason to defund NPR here. IF any wrongdoing occurred, the person responsible can be removed.

I see no reason to continue to pour taxpayer money into an organization that allows liberal viewpoints only. De-fund them Write some letters.

They fired a liberal.

They Fired a FOXNews Uncle Tom... He would still have his Job had he not wandered from the Reservation... Bet.

:)

peace...

This could have been the tipping point with funding NPR. It's my understanding that there are a lot of upset democrats over this too.

There's no reason to defund NPR here. IF any wrongdoing occurred, the person responsible can be removed.

I see no reason to continue to pour taxpayer money into an organization that allows liberal viewpoints only. De-fund them Write some letters.

I don't care if 'liberal' or 'conservative' slant, the taxpayer should not be subsidizing industries that thrive in the market.

The government funds broadcasting because the People, through their elected representatives, choose to fund broadcasting.

To say that the government should not fund broadcasting is to say that the People should not have the right to decide whether or not the government funds broadcasting.

This could have been the tipping point with funding NPR. It's my understanding that there are a lot of upset democrats over this too.

Sounds like the board as a whole needs to be removed along with the CEO. Actually if they violated grant terms, it CAN be pulled and not renewed. The government is not under some requirement to give them a second chance.

He's got a $2,000,000. contract with Fox News anyway.

He said in the video they were looking for something to get rid of him and he knew it.

From the article I posted earlier in the thread:

In 2009, NPR also asked Fox News not to identify him as an NPR analyst on screen — most recently, after he described first lady Michelle Obama as being like the black militant Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress.
It all works out well for him. More money and the freedom to say repulsive things about groups he disagrees with...just like most FAUX commentators.

He's got her now.

He said in the video they were looking for something to get rid of him and he knew it.

In 2009, NPR also asked Fox News not to identify him as an NPR analyst on screen — most recently, after he described first lady Michelle Obama as being like the black militant Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress.
It all works out well for him. More money and the freedom to say repulsive things about groups he disagrees with...just like most FAUX commentators.

Deep down you know that FOX is the best right now. ;)

You missed my point, there's no reason to fund PBS or NPR or the arts. Plenty of people donate, subscribe. If not, there's plenty other venues.

There's a very good reason to fund it. The morning and evening news shows on NPR, whose names escape me - All Things Considered, and the other one, are the 2nd and 3rd most listened to talk radio programs in America. Behind Limbaugh and ahead of Hannity.

And you don't get plagued by con artist and scam commercials every 5 minutes. That's enough reason for me.

Three excuses to violate someone's free speech rights. :clap2:

They fired a liberal.

They Fired a FOXNews Uncle Tom... He would still have his Job had he not wandered from the Reservation... Bet.

peace...

He confessed to being Islamophobic. Are you saying that Islamophobia is a conservative position?

lol

...can't argue with that...

They fired a liberal.

peace...

He confessed to being Islamophobic. Are you saying that Islamophobia is a conservative position?

lol

I Think you meant "isn't"...

And no, I Think it's a Human Instinct Considering Recent History...

He was just being Honest.

Many Liberals Lie about their Islamaphobia... Juan's not a Liar. :thup:

peace...

He's got her now.

Three excuses to violate someone's free speech rights. :clap2:

He's still free to say it again tonight on Fox! :thup:

peace...

lol

peace...

I didn't see too many liberals here oppose the building of the mosque in NYC.

Here's some info about the funding...From Wiki:

Funding

According to the 2005 financial statement, NPR makes just over half of its money from the fees and dues it charges member stations to receive programming. Public funding accounts for 16% of the average member station's revenue, with 10% of this coming in the form of grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a federally funded organization.[14][15][16] Some more of that money originates from local and state governments and government-funded universities subsidizing member stations' fees and dues to NPR.[17] Member stations that serve rural and "minority" communities receive significantly more funding from the CPB; in some cases up to 70%.[14] About 2% of NPR's non-membership created funding comes from bidding on government grants and programs, chiefly the Corporation for Public Broadcasting; the remainder comes from member station dues, foundation grants, and corporate underwriting. Typically, NPR member stations raise funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, and grants from state governments, universities, and the CPB itself.

Over the years, the portion of the total NPR budget that comes from government funding has decreased. During the 1970s and early 1980s, the majority of NPR funding came from the federal government. Steps were taken during the 1980s to completely wean NPR from government support, but the 1983 funding crisis forced the network to make immediate changes. More money to fund the NPR network was raised from listeners, charitable foundations and corporations, and less from the federal government.
[edit]

Underwriting spots vs. commercials

In contrast with commercial radio, NPR does not carry traditional commercials, but has advertising in the form of brief statements from major donors, such as Allstate, Merck, and Archer Daniels Midland. These statements are called "underwriting spots", not commercials, and, unlike commercials, are governed by FCC restrictions; they cannot advocate a product or contain any "call to action". In 2005, corporate sponsorship made up 23% of the NPR budget.[18] NPR is not as dependent on revenue from underwriting spots as commercial stations are on revenue from advertising.[citation needed]
[edit]

Joan Kroc Grant

On November 6, 2003, NPR was given over US$225 million from the estate of the late Joan B. Kroc, the widow of Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald's Corporation. This was a record—the largest monetary gift ever to a cultural institution.[19][20] For context, the 2003 annual budget of NPR was US$101 million. In 2004 that number increased by over 50% to US$153 million due to the Kroc gift. US$34 million of the money was deposited in its endowment.[21] The endowment fund before the gift totaled $35 million.[19] NPR will use the interest from the bequest to expand its news staff and reduce some member stations' fees.[citation needed] The 2005 budget was about US$120 million.
[edit]

George Soros grant

In October 2010, NPR accepted a $1.8 million grant from George Soros, given through his Open Society Foundation. The grant is meant to begin a project called Impact of Government that is intended to add at least 100 journalists at NPR member radio stations in all 50 states over the next three years[22]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Public_Radio#Funding

lol

peace...

No conservatives oppose building a mosque in NYC either. Most of us just don't want it where they want to put it. It's just not good Karma.

lol

peace...

Most People who Commented on that are a Safe Distance from it... Assuming they would Attack their own Building... Absurd.

And Juan was Talking about on an Airplane...

Context Matters.

peace...

The government funds broadcasting because the People, through their elected representatives, choose to fund broadcasting.

To say that the government should not fund broadcasting is to say that the People should not have the right to decide whether or not the government funds broadcasting.

Duly noted, NYcarbineer thinks there is no reason to defund NPR. Got it.

He's got her now.

Ever watch MSNBC?

Ever watch MSNBC?
No...I think they are on FAUX's level.

Indeed. The Ideology that claims to Celebrate Diversity punishes anyone who doesn't conform to their Thought Orthodoxy.

Forum List

Back