Judge Blocks Oklahoma "Plan B" Contraception Law

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
A judge in Oklahoma issued a temporary restraining order on Monday blocking implementation of a law that critics said would limit a woman's access to emergency contraception known as the “morning after pill,” court records showed.

“Once again Oklahoma politicians' efforts to turn back the clock on women's health and rights have been blocked,” David Brown, an attorney for the Center for Reproductive Rights, said in an emailed statement.

90% of this country supports birth control. Truth be told abortions would probably triple if it wasn't for it.

WTF is going on in Oklahoma?

I don't see what the problem is..

The law, signed by Republican Governor Mary Fallin on May 29, included a provision requiring women 17 years of age and older to show identification to a pharmacist to obtain Plan B One-Step contraception, commonly called the morning after pill, and requiring those under 17 to have a prescription for it.

There was no immediate response to a request for comment from the governor's office or the state pharmacy board.

Diane Clay, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Pruitt, said in a statement, “The law simply keeps requirements the same as they have been for more than a decade, requiring those under age 17 to have a prescription to buy Plan B emergency contraceptives.”

15, 16, 17 y.o.s aren't ready to provide for or care for a baby.

Welfare programs contribute to the annual deficit -- e.g. food stamps, medicaid, Head Start, and Title I programs.

-- unwanted children or children of teen mothers are generally considered "at risk" -- that is more likely to fail academically, drop out of school and potentially become juvenile and adult offenders.

Add up the costs of a lifetime of welfare transitioning to a lifetime of incarceration -- then compare that to the cost of one pill.

High School guidance counselors and nurses should have a bowl of these on their desks.

A judge in Oklahoma issued a temporary restraining order on Monday blocking implementation of a law that critics said would limit a woman's access to emergency contraception known as the “morning after pill,” court records showed.

“Once again Oklahoma politicians' efforts to turn back the clock on women's health and rights have been blocked,” David Brown, an attorney for the Center for Reproductive Rights, said in an emailed statement.

90% of this country supports birth control. Truth be told abortions would probably triple if it wasn't for it.

WTF is going on in Oklahoma?

Same thing that is going on in North Carolina, Kansas, Texas, No Dak. It's called stupidity.

The law, signed by Republican Governor Mary Fallin on May 29, included a provision requiring women 17 years of age and older to show identification to a pharmacist to obtain Plan B One-Step contraception, commonly called the morning after pill, and requiring those under 17 to have a prescription for it.

There was no immediate response to a request for comment from the governor's office or the state pharmacy board.

Diane Clay, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Pruitt, said in a statement, “The law simply keeps requirements the same as they have been for more than a decade, requiring those under age 17 to have a prescription to buy Plan B emergency contraceptives.”

So you don't see your dreaded "Big Government" in here anywhere, hmmmm? Interesting. Got your cherry-picker finely tuned, I see.
A woman has to show fucking ID to get a pill. And you don't see what the problem is. So much for your bird-brained perception of citizen's privacy and rights.

Last edited:

Welfare programs contribute to the annual deficit -- e.g. food stamps, medicaid, Head Start, and Title I programs.

-- unwanted children or children of teen mothers are generally considered "at risk" -- that is more likely to fail academically, drop out of school and potentially become juvenile and adult offenders.

Add up the costs of a lifetime of welfare transitioning to a lifetime of incarceration -- then compare that to the cost of one pill.

High School guidance counselors and nurses should have a bowl of these on their desks.

A prescription from a Doctor.. Not that hard to get.

Maybe the morning after pill is dangerous and more studies are needed. The radical left seems to care more about killing babies for votes then concerns about women's health and safety.

Get ready for a baby boom in these stupid states that are prohibiting women of every level of socio-economic background to exercise birth control through financial means and social pressure. Oh, Rick Santorum must be getting a hard on over all this.

A prescription from a Doctor.. Not that hard to get.

That's all it is, isn't it? You just walk in and tell the doc you need a script for the Plan B pill and he gives it to you.

Moron, did you know there are pharmacists who refuse to provide this prescription based on their own stupid beliefs about abortion and birth control? Did you even KNOW that?

Get ready for a baby boom in these stupid states that are prohibiting women of every level of socio-economic background to exercise birth control through financial means and social pressure. Oh, Rick Santorum must be getting a hard on over all this.

How hard is it to get a prescription?

BTW, just why are sub 17 year old girls having sex anyway? Haven't their parents taught them any better?

The best answer would be for the girl to tell the guy "NO" and keep her ankles crossed.

Maybe the morning after pill is dangerous and more studies are needed. The radical left seems to care more about killing babies for votes then concerns about women's health and safety.

Would you like to post links to the dangers of the Plan B pill? Oh here, dumbass, let me do it for you.

Do you know what "OVER THE COUNTER" means? If you don't, then you are even dumber than I thought.

FDA approves morning-after pill for over the counter sale

Read more: FDA approves morning-after pill for over the counter sale - Brett Norman - POLITICO.com

BTW, just why are sub 17 year old girls having sex anyway? Haven't their parents taught them any better?

The best answer would be for the girl to tell the guy "NO" and keep her ankles crossed.

OK, Mr. Santorum.

I guess you don't know a fucking thing about teenagers. But thanks for your enlightened posts.

The states closing women's health clinics better do the math -- who is going to provide for all these children?

The reality - the blue states will be footing the bill.

OK, Mr. Santorum.

I guess you don't know a fucking thing about teenagers. But thanks for your enlightened posts.
Surely, no republicans had sex as teens.
I'm amazed that any of them can get laid now, considering their attitudes toward women.

So you don't see your dreaded "Big Government" in here anywhere, hmmmm? Interesting. Got your cherry-picker finely tuned, I see.
A woman has to show fucking ID to get a pill. And you don't see what the problem is. So much for your bird-brained perception of citizen's privacy and rights.

No. A minor, a child ... 17 & under, has to have an rx and show ID. Women (18 and up) could purchase it as needed.

I have to show ID to buy nail polish remover and sudafed, neither of which are hormones. Cause uncle says so. I hope you bitch about that as loudly.

Forum List

Back