Judge: Christie ex-aides can withhold documents

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
There are some pissed off subversives in New Jersey tonight!:lol::eusa_clap:

Two former associates of Gov. Chris Christie do not have to hand over documents to a legislative committee investigating the traffic jam scandal engulfing the governor, a New Jersey judge ruled Wednesday. Former Christie loyalists Bridget Kelly and Bill Stepien had been fighting subpoenas calling for them to turn over documents regarding the plot to create traffic jams in Fort Lee to retaliate against the town’s Democratic mayor. The legislative panel asked for the court’s help in getting the two to comply with the subpoenas. Calling the decision one involving “complicated and untested jurisdictional issues,” Judge Mary Jacobson expressed reservations...

News from The Associated Press

I disagree. Turn the documents over. I support Christie, but turn the documents over.

• Banned
I disagree. Turn the documents over. I support Christie, but turn the documents over.

Perhaps when Lois Lerner testifies! :lol:

But I did find this interesting, talking about good old Lois!

Lois Lerner 2013 e-mail: Maybe I can land an office job at Organizing For Action!

Organizing For Action is, of course, the group founded by Team Obama in 2009 after he was sworn in to push his agenda while in office. It’s the successor to Obama For America, his 2008 campaign outfit. The first OFA got him elected, the second OFA is supposed to help get his policies through Congress. Here’s who was running the scrupulously impartial IRS Exempt Organizations Division that targeted dozens of tea-party nonprofits for extra scrutiny. Was she joking or wasn’t she? That’s the juiciest bit released today by the House Ways and Means Committee, which voted — along party lines, ....

Lois Lerner 2013 e-mail: Maybe I can land an office job at Organizing For Action « Hot Air

The judge made the decision because federal investigators are currently conducting their own investigation. The fed investigation trumps the state I investigation. Not really much to celebrate.

Mr. Stepien and Ms. Kelly could face prosecution for official misconduct in either State or federal court, and the conduct that could form the basis for the prosecution is exactly the type of conduct being investigated by the Committee," the judge wrote. "Under these circumstances, it is reasonable for Mr. Stepien and Ms. Kelly to fear that they currently face the hazard of prosecution in the concurrent federal investigation."

Forum List

Back