Judge Engeron should be disbarred for judicial misconduct.

And the bond amount is set by state law, and can only be reduced upon a showing of such financial hardship, as to support relief.
And having the money, but not wanting to spend it isn't grounds for relief.
The court has discretion, period. Stop making shit up.

The rule is CPRL 5519(a)(2).

The other thing to bear in mind is that they have the country focused on this nothingburger of a case that has no victim - while testimony was given yesterday to Congress that Joe Biden absolutely was the Big Guy who collected 10% of the money given to his Family by the Communists, for no discernible reason.
Please..... the guy who said that was indicted for lying to the FBI by saying that.

A grand jury determined everything you just said, was a LIE.

Actually you're half right. They are not capable of giving consent, but they are capable of saying "NO".
And NO means NO. Which means the bringing the more serious charges of child rape, instead of statutory rape.

Rape is non-consensual sex, and is divided into different degrees. First degree rape is the non-consensual sexual penetration, typically committed by threat of harm or force. It can also occur is a person is incapacitated, or unable to give consent. Rape in the second degree is called “statutory rape.” Second Degree rape usually involved legally non-consensual intercourse. A person in this case may give factual consent, but may not give legal consent.

Pedophiles are experts at convincing children to say yes.

That's the point. Dumbass.

The court has discretion, period. Stop making shit up.

The rule is CPRL 5519(a)(2).

Read it, the court is bound by CPLR

2. the judgment or order directs the payment of a sum of money, and an undertaking in that sum is given that if the judgment or order appealed from, or any part of it, is affirmed, or the appeal is dismissed, the appellant or moving party shall pay the amount directed to be paid by the judgment or order, or the part of it as to which the judgment or order is affirmed;

Undertaking; definition. Undertaking includes. 1. Any obligation, whether or not the principal is a party thereto, which contains a covenant by a surety to pay the required amount, as specified therein,

In short, they have to post an undertaking (bond) for the amount they would be liable for, if they lose the appeal, which would include interest and additional legal fees.

Read it, the court is bound by CPLR

2. the judgment or order directs the payment of a sum of money, and an undertaking in that sum is given that if the judgment or order appealed from, or any part of it, is affirmed, or the appeal is dismissed, the appellant or moving party shall pay the amount directed to be paid by the judgment or order, or the part of it as to which the judgment or order is affirmed;

Undertaking; definition. Undertaking includes. 1. Any obligation, whether or not the principal is a party thereto, which contains a covenant by a surety to pay the required amount, as specified therein,

In short, they have to post an undertaking (bond) for the amount they would be liable for, if they lose the appeal, which would include interest and additional legal fees.
How many times does it have to be said that the court has discretion.

An undertaking can simply be a promise- it is up to the court to say what they will require. The court is free to apply the rules as fits the case.

I sued a guy recently and got a pre-judgement injunction against his bank account. The court could have made me post a bond for the same amount- after all, I was tying up another company's cash based on an allegation. But the court waived the bond requirement for me, because I provided satisfactory evidence that I would prevail in the suit.

I got my injunction and slapped a restraining order on him, and I didn't have to put up any money at all.

Discretion of the court.

It lists respondents! Jesus, who do you think was being sued?

The PAC is a separate legal entity. Fuck you are dense.

Such a lawsuit is filed against the at-fault driver personally, so you cannot sue the insurance company after an accident because the claim is not filed against

You don't sue the insurance company, or the PAC.
They are not part of the complaint.

Pedophiles are experts at convincing children to say yes.

That's the point. Dumbass.
The point is, when they get a child to give factual consent, it's a 2nd degree felony, when the child doesn't give factual consent, it'a 1st degree felony.

How many times does it have to be said that the court has discretion.

An undertaking can simply be a promise- it is up to the court to say what they will require. The court is free to apply the rules as fits the case.

I sued a guy recently and got a pre-judgement injunction against his bank account. The court could have made me post a bond for the same amount- after all, I was tying up another company's cash based on an allegation. But the court waived the bond requirement for me, because I provided satisfactory evidence that I would prevail in the suit.

I got my injunction and slapped a restraining order on him, and I didn't have to put up any money at all.

Discretion of the court.
As I said, that discretion would be after a motion for relief.
And Trump saying he has the money, threw a monkey wrench in his lawyers motion for relief.

Such a lawsuit is filed against the at-fault driver personally, so you cannot sue the insurance company after an accident because the claim is not filed against

You don't sue the insurance company, or the PAC.
They are not part of the complaint.
Again, irrelevant. You are the king of irrelevant.

If all the AG had to do was name Trump, then why do you think she listed all of his NY LLC's as respondents?

She can't touch any entity that is not part of the suit. She would have to first pierce the corporate veil of those entities, which is another suit entirely.

Discretion of the court.
And the court looking at Trumps appeal, determined he was NOT likely to prevail. Thus they were bound by the CPLR to protect the judgement.

Again, irrelevant. You are the king of irrelevant.

If all the AG had to do was name Trump, then why do you think she listed all of his NY LLC's as respondents?

She can't touch any entity that is not part of the suit. She would have to first pierce the corporate veil of those entities, which is another suit entirely.
Trumps LLC's committed the business fraud.

Um, the court hasn't ruled yet pal.

You're getting ahead of yourself again...
As in your case, it's a determination of likelyhood of succeeding.
And Trumps appeal doesn't appear likely to succeed (isn't based on precedents)

Forum List

Back