Judge rules against Qualified Immunity for police officer who violated man's 4th Amendment rights.

A neighbor called on a man sitting on the patio doing nothing.

Cops show up without a warrant and enter house with guns drawn based on information that a man was sitting on the patio doing nothing.

The only thing clear here ray, is your run to racism which is inline with the karen that called. If he was white, no phone call.

It's not my fault whites don't normally break into homes. :laughing0301:

It doesn't have to be. If you see something suspicious, most police departments encourage citizens to call them; to get involved in fighting crime. I know our police force does.
What was suspicious to the officer enough for him to pull his gun?

The man was once sitting on the patio doing nothing, then in his room listening to music....I'll bet it was rap music too!

What should we sew her?
Mental anguish, due to her racist discrimination in calling the police, I suppose.
Face it. The only reason the guy is suing is for the paycheck, not harm, and she does not have the money to make it worthwhile, though she is the one that called the police, giving them probable cause to think a crime was possibly being committed.

Last edited:
Again, what was the person doing that was suspicious?

What is with you leftists anyway? You ask a question, we give you an answer, and then you ask the same Fn question again? Is this a mental problem that cause people to be Democrats or something? From post 110:

Yes it is because it was an old lady that lived there, not a young guy.

What was suspicious to the officer enough for him to pull his gun?

The man was once sitting on the patio doing nothing, then in his room listening to music....I'll bet it was rap music too!

So what if it was? White people don't listen to that jungle music too?

Mental anguish, due to her racist discrimination in calling the police, I suppose.
Face it. The only reason the guy is suing is for the paycheck, not harm, and she does not have the money to make it worthwhile, though she is the one that called the police, giving them probable cause to think a crime was possibly being committed.
That has nothing and I repeat nothing to do with sewing.

What is with you leftists anyway? You ask a question, we give you an answer, and then you ask the same Fn question again? Is this a mental problem that cause people to be Democrats or something? From post 110:
What was the answer?

Besides, you don't want to post black.

That has nothing and I repeat nothing to do with sewing.
You are correct. It has nothing to do with sewing. Of course, we are not discussing dress making.
1645311494265.png

This was a legal discussion.
1645311643814.png

If I were in that situation, and it handled that way, no violence, no disrespect, no abuse on the cuffing and I was smiling and chatting at the end, I would not be drawn into filing a lawsuit, just to get some free money from the city.
It would not happen that way though. If I was asleep in the back, not hearing somebody (cops or anybody else outside, Lexi, my 90 lb. very territorial and protective of family, German Shepherd would have never let them in the door (which would most likely be locked), until I was up, and gave her a command to get her to stand down and go to another room.
You would probably have a dead dog. You might also end up dead.

Looks like lawsuit is BS to me. Furdge should not have sued. He was not abused while the put cuffs on for the protection of everybody involved and even checked with Furdge if the cuff fit was ok and it was. Officer were not abusive in speech. It was quickly resolved as probably proper and OK. Cuffs were removed while awaiting confirmation. By the end, Furdge was conversational and smiling while talking. Officer apologized for the intrusion. Yep. Lawsuit was BS and the judge full of BS.

There was no probable cause or reasonable suspicion. Just like a person exercising their right to bear arms is not reason for the police to search or investigate them, even when an ignorant neighbor calls the police about a man with a gun.

Someone was in a house the lady did not own. He wasn't carrying out TVs or anything else; he was sitting on the porch. This is neither suspicious nor threatening. How many burglars hang out on the porch?

If this were allowed to stand then any time a person (it would happen to black people for more often than white) moves into a house without getting permission from the neighbors they would be subject to home invasion by the police, and arrest without cause until they can prove they have the right to be where they are.

As for the requirement to suffer loss in order to get compensation, there are plenty of examples that permit punitive damages. A quick google didn't yield laws explicitly permitting punitive damages but for those going to challenge the word of the judge who, presumably, knows the law, it would be on them to show the law saying it's not applicable here.

That Furdge was conversational means nothing. We all say that the best practice when dealing with a over-zealous cop is to be polite and follow direction and to deal with it later in the court. Now you're suggesting that because he appeared to follow that sage advice, it's evidence that he wasn't wronged and didn't feel wronged when it happened. I can guarantee you that any time a cop comes into my house, guns drawn (or not drawn) and puts me in handcuffed I would feel wronged. Considering the history of housing abuses against black people, Furdge would reasonably feel even more wronged than I might.

The cop should have told the lady that she should mind her own business. At most, if the cop were to investigate at all, he should have contacted the owner of the home. Failing to contact the home owner, he could have just walked away.

For a brief second, I thought about the risk of something happening to the homeowner, if they weren't able to contact them, so the cop might feel it's a welfare check. But that means that any time I, or you, or anyone in the United States, has company over and they sit on the porch alone, they're subject to arrest, or even being shot.

What if Furdge had assumed whoever was coming in the front door might have been a threat so he grabbed a legally owned gun? Had Furdge done that, he'd be dead right now.

The cop needs to be sued. The police department needs to be sued. They racist neighbor needs to be sued. When it's over, Furdge should own her house and not need the loan of a place to live from the coach.

Forum List

Back