🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge rules Michigan stay-at-home order is not unconstitutional

There must be some limit on fundamental-rights-barring executive action taken for the purpose of protecting citizens in a public health crisis.

This case unfortunately gives no bright line rule. All the powerful and rich need is a manufactured public crisis to fuck you over with limitless actions. This Court just opened the door.

I don't see how any of this "national emergence" declaration shit gives the government the authority to violate the Bill of Rights.

10-th-amend.jpg
:eusa_dance:
The 10th doesnt grant governors dictatorial powers that violate the federal Constitution

You can ask that question about any infectious diseases
You don't want to know before going back to work if you will be infecting your colleagues or vice versa?
Do you go to work during flu season?
Irrelevant.
Covid-19 is not the flu, dope.
That's the standard talking point fed to you by your political overlords. It only fools the gullible.

Apparently your point is that we can't compare COVID to any known infection. That's an idiotic claim. COVID is very similar to the flu, and there is no logical reason that our response to it should differ markedly from our response to the flu. I know you certainly can't post one, anyway.

Now answer the question: do you go to work during flu season?

Last edited:
You don't want to know before going back to work if you will be infecting your colleagues or vice versa?
Irrelevant.
That's the standard talking point fed to you by your political overlords. It only fools the gullible.

Apparently your point is that we can't compare COVID to any known infection. That's an idiotic claim. COVID is very similar to the flu, and there is no logical reason that our response to it should differ markedly from our response to the flu. I know you certainly can't post one, anyway.

That is the answer, dope.
It's not the flu and cannot be compared in any way. The fact that you haven't learned that yet is baffling.

Irrelevant.

That is the answer, dope.
It's not the flu and cannot be compared in any way. The fact that you haven't learned that yet is baffling.
Of course it can be compared with the flu, dumbass. It's very similar to the flu, and it's far less lethal. How would we even have a clue what to expect from COVID-19 if we didn't look at the behavior of other viruses? I see experts on video comparing it to the flu and the common cold all the frikken time.

You don't want it compared with the flu because that would show that your hysteria about the shutdown would be shown to be the idiocy that it is. We all know that you and every other shutdown crank went to work every flu season. You're the ultimate hypocrite.

Big setback for conservatives who claimed otherwise.
Gretchen wins.
Judge is a liar. Or an incompetent stooge.
Based on the the coronavirus impact on the state, including the death toll, sounds reasonable to me, but i am not in Michigan. Are you?
Constitutionality is not supposed to be decided by what state you're in.

Interesting conundrum. If a power is not given to the Federal government, and not excluded from the States, then the power is in the State. I'm against the mandatory lockdowns but I haven't heard any good arguments to indicate that the US Constitution bans them. Perhaps there's a right to be argued based on the 9th or due process clause of the 14th - due process perhaps being a positive medical test - and this is the argument that the plaintiffs made. But then, how is a private industry test due process for government intervention in our lives? So what would be appropriate due process?

So, maybe it really is decided by which State you're in and what the State constitution allows.

In Michigan's court case, the judge actually ruled that the lockdown "does temporary harm to the constitutional rights of Michigan residents" but, she claimed, the harm done doesn't outweigh the benefits of the lockdown. This argument, and I see Michigan lawyers and others making the same claim, means that the Constitution of the States and of the United States are nothing more, to the Courts, than a guideline that can be infringed any time the government thinks it is in the best interest of the greater community.

They're wrong, of course. Since it is the Constitution that creates and empowers government, they can absolutely NOT have any more power than that granted in the relative constitutions except through usurpation and tyranny.

And the premise of this thread is a lie. The judge did not rule that the ban was constitutional. She admitted that the ban violates the constitutional rights of Michiganders but she just doesn't give a shit about their constitutional rights.

Does anyone find it interesting, and very telling, that liberals are happy that they live in a country where the government has the authority to enforce a stay at home order ?
Holy fuck !

The judge is a democrat with complete disregard for the constitution.
You quarantine the sick not the healthy
How does one know they're sick before they have symptoms?

Dope.
Get tested, dumbass.
When did you get "tested"?
I tried to get tested, but my doctor's office wouldn't do it.

oh for fuck's sake

View attachment 330324

are you for real?
What's your point? I never claimed everyone could get tested 4 weeks ago.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

The 10th doesnt grant governors dictatorial powers that violate the federal Constitution
The "incorporation doctrine" says that state governments are held to the same constraints as the federal government when it comes to the Bill of Rights.

& yet the constitution says that unless it's spelled out specifically in said constitution - what the fed's power entails - then the STATES have autonomy within their own borders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back