Judge Tosses Lawsuit Against IRS By Conservative Groups

A federal judge tossed a lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service by True the Vote, Inc. and other tea party groups, saying there's no ongoing controversy for the court to consider.

"Unless an actual, ongoing controversy exists in this case, this Court is without power to decide it," U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton wrote in his opinion.

True the Vote sued the IRS over delays in its application for tax-exempt status, the AP reported earlier.

USA Today reports:

More: Judge Tosses Lawsuit Against IRS By Conservative Groups

Good. Now, NaziCons can obsess over Benghazi and/or Obamacare.
if this was about a Liberal lawsuit being thrown out.....you would not have even bothered.....right?....

Well, NaziCon retard, am I supposed to also do your work? Christ, you people are dumb.

What sucks is that the GOP has won a lot of support from morons over this, the birther movement, fast and furious, Obama is a muslim, benghazi, death panels, etc. And even though it's all been debunked there's still a huge swath of terrified, inbred bedwetters that are going to vote republican because of that completely fabricated bullshit. Good job Mr. Murdoch.
there's still a huge swath of terrified, inbred bedwetters that are going to vote Democrat too......so we are fucked no matter what....

The judge is not saying the allegations are false. He is saying the practices which the IRS was using have been terminated, along with the offenders who initiated them. So there is nothing more to do. He has no power to tell them to stop since they already have.

So all of you who are under the delusion the judge is saying the IRS did not commit the offenses which were alleged, you are badly mistaken.

Exactly...which is why I said at the beginning of this circle-jerk marathon - Lakohta CLEARLY didn't read the article.
bingo-score-card-17846751.jpg

The judge is not saying the allegations are false. He is saying the practices which the IRS was using have been terminated, along with the offenders who initiated them. So there is nothing more to do. He has no power to tell them to stop since they already have.

So all of you who are under the delusion the judge is saying the IRS did not commit the offenses which were alleged, you are badly mistaken.

Exactly...which is why I said at the beginning of this circle-jerk marathon - Lakohta CLEARLY didn't read the article.

Of course I read the article. I know why the judge tossed the lawsuit. I never said otherwise. How dumb are you?

A federal judge tossed a lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service by True the Vote, Inc. and other tea party groups, saying there's no ongoing controversy for the court to consider.

"Unless an actual, ongoing controversy exists in this case, this Court is without power to decide it," U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton wrote in his opinion.

True the Vote sued the IRS over delays in its application for tax-exempt status, the AP reported earlier.

USA Today reports:

if this was about a Liberal lawsuit being thrown out.....you would not have even bothered.....right?....

Well, NaziCon retard, am I supposed to also do your work? Christ, you people are dumb.
prove im a "Nazi" and a Conservative.....oh wait i said something you did not like.....what else could i be?....

Of course I read the article. I know why the judge tossed the lawsuit. I never said otherwise. How dumb are you?

Reading and comprehension.
The largest, most powerful and far reaching federal administration knowingly and willingly based their actions on the politics of individuals and groups.
And all you want to do is celebrate and make political points thinking you won something.
We all lost.
This was a colossal scandal. Frivolous lawsuit or not doesn't change that.

Classic bait and switch.

I want you to imagine a large tent, let's call it the Republican big tent.

At the opening to the tent is a carnival like exhibit with a man standing on top of a platform with a bullhorn.

This man is preaching doom and gloom. He screams, "Your country is under siege. Your good old American values are being destroyed by the liberals. Come inside the tent, we will save you."

(The man is looking for simple folk who are easily fooled)

Once inside the tent, you, unaware, end up licking the boot of the people who ship your jobs to China and erect monopolies over all your goods and services.

Good work if you can get it.

Some of you people are so fucking morbidly stupid that it is astounding. I am including you in this, Mr. Big-Tent. You can go stick an egg beater up your stinking pussy and fuck yo self, you stupid bitch. There is so much stupidity, or lack of intelligence on this board that there is a void...a vacuum of intelligence. If not for Spellcheck half of you moron would not even be able to express your inconsequential opinions.

Republicans are stupid herd animals that gladly kiss the boots of their rapists?!? Are you fucking serious? Look at the Dem party, you fucking idiot!

Newsflash, asshole: the world is not run by a bunch a fat, white male boogymen who light big cigars with burning $100 bills, and who are cloistered away in some fictional illuminati fortress somewhere pulling the strings that makes the world go around. You are just too stupid to grasp anything but the most simple ideas fed to you by leftist scum.

You like science fiction and comic books, don't you?

USA Today reports:

I thought conservatives were fundamentally opposed to frivolous law suits on principle. But once I remembered that conservative principle is just a myth, the whole thing suddenly made sense.

I thought conservatives were fundamentally opposed to getting "free stuff." This is what tax exemptions really are anyway. The conservatives should be celebrating this judge for helping keep conservatives from depending on government money.
Not being looted does not equate to getting something for free.

How is a think tank pushing a political agenda and not getting a tax exemption for it, considered being looted?

The IRS uses a blanket of protection under Federal Rules that make them immune to prosecution in regards to lawsuits.

You should have read a little farther instead of just reading the headline you would have seen this.

In a footnote, the judge did leave open the possibility that two groups -- Patriots Educating Concerned Americans Now of Redding, Calif. and the suburban Cincinnati Liberty Township Tea Party -- could still sue because the IRS failed to rule on their tax exemption application within 270 days. The judge gave the IRS 14 days to argue why that element of the lawsuit cannot go forward.

Because he dismissed the lawsuits on procedural grounds, Walton did not rule on the merits of the case. He wrote in a footnote: "The court's opinion should not be interpreted as an assessment of the propriety of the alleged conduct by the defendants.

We will deal with important stuff and you can go back to obsessing over the name Redskins.

The IRS has already admitted their wrong doing.

Deal with it you liberal wankers. :lol:

"The IRS admitted last year that it delayed the approval of tax exemptions for Tea Party groups based solely on the name of the group.

Several criminal and congressional investigations into the matter are still ongoing, and the former IRS official responsible for exempt organizations, Lois Lerner, has been found in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify about the targeting."

Tea Party loses court battle over targeting to IRS

Why did you put that in a quote when there is no quote from USAToday?

And they did not admit to any wrongdoing.

Delaying approval is appropriate until a proper investigation is conducted into whether they are qualified for free government money.

What sucks is that the GOP has won a lot of support from morons over this, the birther movement, fast and furious, Obama is a muslim, benghazi, death panels, etc. And even though it's all been debunked there's still a huge swath of terrified, inbred bedwetters that are going to vote republican because of that completely fabricated bullshit. Good job Mr. Murdoch.

The GOP model of persuasion is to repeat an accusation long enough that someone believes it. The kind of folks they attract aren't particularly interested in whether or not the claims are true. But if they feel true.
Just like Goebbels taught them.

"The IRS admitted last year that it delayed the approval of tax exemptions for Tea Party groups based solely on the name of the group.

Several criminal and congressional investigations into the matter are still ongoing, and the former IRS official responsible for exempt organizations, Lois Lerner, has been found in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify about the targeting."

Delaying approval is appropriate until a proper investigation is conducted into whether they are qualified for free government money.
LOL

The Gov't has already admitted that these groups were targeted............And taken corrective action to avoid it happening in the future...............

In the courts they hide behind the immunity clauses of the Federal Gov't..........I've already posted the instruction book for getting out of jail manual of the IRS.......They have already played these cards in the court case and they were rejected...............

But in the end it was a constitutional court case and the Judge decided that since the problem was fixed then it was no longer a Constitutional issue.......and that other avenues exist to proceed with Law Suits against the IRS............But under these the same play book will be played to grant immunity from being held accountable for misconduct in the IRS which basically puts the IRS beyond prosecution.

The GOP model of persuasion is to repeat an accusation long enough that someone believes it. The kind of folks they attract aren't particularly interested in whether or not the claims are true. But if they feel true.
YAWN!

LOL

The Gov't has already admitted that these groups were targeted.
'Targeted' is a loaded word, implying nefarious intent.

These groups were given extra scrutiny because of their names.

Just like how the police would give extra scrutiny to a group called 'American Jihad' looking for access to government buildings.

YAWN!
If you're tired, go to bed.

If you're just tired of losing arguments, I can't help you there.
4i6Ckte.gif

LOL

The Gov't has already admitted that these groups were targeted.
'Targeted' is a loaded word, implying nefarious intent.

These groups were given extra scrutiny because of their names.

Just like how the police would give extra scrutiny to a group called 'American Jihad' looking for access to government buildings.
LOL

You compare American Jihad to Conservative groups..............Your Liberal skirt is showing..............They were targeted. They admitted it..........They violated the law on time for processing................The Judge said as much............and they hide behind immunity laws to protect them when they cross the line and violate the rights of citizens in this country. aka immunity from prosecution because they are Federal.

Forum List

Back