July 13, 2014: Deutschland wins the World Cup Title! (screenshots)

And why in the world would one want to pin that on a 20-something-year-old player who has absolutely nothing to do with that terrible chapter in our planet's history?

Why?

Or do you believe that young people are responsible for the sins of their forefathers?

Many have not forgotten, and I will concede Deutschland, the word brings up old history lessons though. And doubtless, the young player has no connection with those that fled to Argentina 70 years algo. Eichmann was finally caught in Argentina however.

Absolutely correct. Spot-on.

But the word "Deutschland", which is the German word for that country, has so many other historical meanings beyond 1933-1945. The German national anthem, minus one verse, is still the same beautiful music as is was back then, unfortunately, politicall abused.

I find it a sign of respect to write the name of a country in it's own language, like Suomi.

The word does not have to bring up old connotations. The Deutschland of today in no way resembles the Deutschland of that dark period in our world's history. You would be amazed at how different this place is. And there is a thriving Jewish community in Germany.

:) :)

I will keep these wise words in mind.

Since many Nazi's escaped to Argentina after WWII, you have to wonder if any of the Argentine players have Nazi roots ?

And why in the world would one want to pin that on a 20-something-year-old player who has absolutely nothing to do with that terrible chapter in our planet's history?

Why?

Or do you believe that young people are responsible for the sins of their forefathers?

Of course they're not responsible, I'm not implying anything of the sort.

I just find it interesting that the final game was between these two countries.

After WWIII, Peron, a Nazi sympathizer, welcomed Nazi's escaping from Germany, and apparently even was rumored to have a Nazi or two in his cabinet.

Since many Nazi's escaped to Argentina after WWII, you have to wonder if any of the Argentine players have Nazi roots ?

Why?

After WWIII, Peron, a Nazi sympathizer, welcomed Nazi's escaping from Germany, and apparently even was rumored to have a Nazi or two in his cabinet.

It's just happenstance. It could just as well been Nederlanske vs. Deutschland or Brasilia vs. Deutschland for the final round.

And yes, the Peron family, according to historical records, had ties to Martin Bormann, one of the highest of the Nazis, also, one that people tend to forget.

Still has nothing to do with the game, though. :D

Why?

It's just happenstance. It could just as well been Nederlanske vs. Deutschland or Brasilia vs. Deutschland for the final round.

And yes, the Peron family, according to historical records, had ties to Martin Bormann, one of the highest of the Nazis, also, one that people tend to forget.

But cannot be forgotten, ever.

Have I ever said that I've forgotten?

I'm a Jew. I don't forget. But I live among Germans, eat, sleep (sometimes :D), drink and discuss among them. I see the Germany of today for what it is: scientifically, culturally and socially advanced, very engaged in helping all of mankind, absolutely the beating heart of an economic Europe and a source (with France as a partner) for absolute stability within the Continent.

Actually, most young Germans of today are living their sort of "American Dream".

And Germany has done good work at recognizing and paying for it's past history.

In opinion polls, Israelis hold Germans in high esteem, and visa-versa. Whodathunk that would ever happen?

:thup:

Oh, please.

Your bolded: you do realize why that is NOT possible, right?

Please don't tell me that you don't know....

Of course it's possible and Germany has deployed troops to Afghanistan, but in small numbers, as part of ongoing NATO operation there. Even Japan has relaxed it's constitution to allow military personnel in support roles in Iraq and South Korea. Why can't Germany have a larger role in the world? Especially to check Russia and Putin (who was at championship match and sat with Argentine president...accident?). Germany is a great nation that should no be ashamed of it's past with exception being the Holocaust. Otherwise they were justified in rejection of Treaty of Versailles and battle against communism in the 1940's.

There was more to German aggression, the invasion of Poland, Austrian annexation, Hungary, the Sudenteland, and invasion of France, then annexation. Much more Germany must "remember". Odd you use Bush HW Bush as an avatar, he fought the Axis, you quote them. 20 million died.
He fought in the Pacific against the Japanese, and I do not quote Nazi's, although I have mentioned them. Germany was justified to invade Poland. Then GB and France declared war on them. Germany took Denmark, Norway, and Netherlander's as a defensive measure to secure northern frontier. France was invaded because they needed their ass whipped after Versailles, and when Germany invaded USSR they were killing communist and that is always a good thing.

Shit.....did Argentina even get a shot on net????!!! Dang......Germany cleaned their clocks.

Have I ever said that I've forgotten?

I'm a Jew. I don't forget. But I live among Germans, eat, sleep (sometimes :D), drink and discuss among them. I see the Germany of today for what it is: scientifically, culturally and socially advanced, very engaged in helping all of mankind, absolutely the beating heart of an economic Europe and a source (with France as a partner) for absolute stability within the Continent.

Actually, most young Germans of today are living their sort of "American Dream".

And Germany has done good work at recognizing and paying for it's past history.

In opinion polls, Israelis hold Germans in high esteem, and visa-versa. Whodathunk that would ever happen?

:thup:

Yes, Germany reinvented itself, but anti-Semitism remains, must be condemed wherever it appears.

Of course it's possible and Germany has deployed troops to Afghanistan, but in small numbers, as part of ongoing NATO operation there. Even Japan has relaxed it's constitution to allow military personnel in support roles in Iraq and South Korea. Why can't Germany have a larger role in the world? Especially to check Russia and Putin (who was at championship match and sat with Argentine president...accident?). Germany is a great nation that should no be ashamed of it's past with exception being the Holocaust. Otherwise they were justified in rejection of Treaty of Versailles and battle against communism in the 1940's.

There was more to German aggression, the invasion of Poland, Austrian annexation, Hungary, the Sudenteland, and invasion of France, then annexation. Much more Germany must "remember". Odd you use Bush HW Bush as an avatar, he fought the Axis, you quote them. 20 million died.
He fought in the Pacific against the Japanese, and I do not quote Nazi's, although I have mentioned them. Germany was justified to invade Poland. Then GB and France declared war on them. Germany took Denmark, Norway, and Netherlander's as a defensive measure to secure northern frontier. France was invaded because they needed their ass whipped after Versailles, and when Germany invaded USSR they were killing communist and that is always a good thing.

Thus you supported the Axis. Sickening.

Forum List

Back