Jurors in Manafort trial send judge four questions

The latest news is the judge Ellis has been receiving death threats. Now who do you think is threatening him?

You reference all this data and provide NONE of it.
So, you are conceding you tried to present your opinion as fact, even quantifying it...and then got all weepy and accused me of same?

That's a big step for you.

As for the data, here is a nice collection: Most Americans Are Liberal, Even If They Don’t Know It

As for most Americans recognizing the validity of the Mueller probe:

Americans Support Mueller Probe — But Want Another One For FBI's Spying On Trump: IBD/TIPP Poll | Investor's Business Daily

Poll: Most Americans support passing a law to protect Mueller

Jurors in Manafort trial send judge four questions, including asking him to redefine reasonable doubt

asking to define/redefine "reasonable doubt". now each side will twist this to mean he's guilty/innocent depending on what you thought before this question from the jury was asked, but what does it really mean?

to me it sounds like someone or some people in the jury want to know how to put that against what meuller presented. does it apply or doesn't it? there must be some concerns around whether or not he did or this wouldn't come up. if some jurors were saying there was "reasonable doubt" it would come up. someone else would have to say "no there wasn't" - hence the clarification.

that alone says someone is questioning that on the jury.

if manafort is failed to be charged with a majority of the 18 charges, mueller's case against trump takes a huge it and things start falling apart. i'm glad to see the jury take this seriously and ask these questions for their own clarification. we'll see what they decide hopefully soon so we can at least get this behind us.
All it's gonna take is one braindead tRumpkin who will refuse to believe anything bad about Cheeto Jesus and his associates to get us a hung jury.

I pretty much expect that to be the result.

Then mayne we can get a retrial with an unbiased and presenile judge.
Oh, is Trump on trial here.....you lying fuck???

No he is not.

Do you lying fucks think he is???

You bet your ass!!!
You ain't real bright are you.

Of course he's not on trial directly but everyone is looking at this as a referendum on tRump vs Mueller. And in a way it is. A conviction would add veracity to Mueller's investigation, while an acquittal would in turn lend support to the tRumpkins.

Got it now? Let me know if you have trouble with the bigger words.
I really don't give a damn what you numbnuts are making it out to be.
A guilty verdict under normal circumstances does not reflect on Trump.
It's also clear that the reason for the indictments are purely political, not a search for justice.
Jurors in Manafort trial send judge four questions, including asking him to redefine reasonable doubt

asking to define/redefine "reasonable doubt". now each side will twist this to mean he's guilty/innocent depending on what you thought before this question from the jury was asked, but what does it really mean?

to me it sounds like someone or some people in the jury want to know how to put that against what meuller presented. does it apply or doesn't it? there must be some concerns around whether or not he did or this wouldn't come up. if some jurors were saying there was "reasonable doubt" it would come up. someone else would have to say "no there wasn't" - hence the clarification.

if manafort is failed to be charged with a majority of the 18 charges, mueller's case against trump takes a huge it and things start falling apart. i'm glad to see the jury take this seriously and ask these questions for their own clarification. we'll see what they decide hopefully soon so we can at least get this behind us.
All it's gonna take is one braindead tRumpkin who will refuse to believe anything bad about Cheeto Jesus and his associates to get us a hung jury.

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

Of course he's not on trial directly but everyone is looking at this as a referendum on tRump vs Mueller. And in a way it is. A conviction would add veracity to Mueller's investigation, while an acquittal would in turn lend support to the tRumpkins.

A conviction does not add anything to his investigation and popularity is irrelevant here. As far as Muller's overall investigation goes, this trial is an overall negative no matter what the outcome. Initially, taking down Manafort and Gates looked as though he was going to apply pressure to get the bigger fish - Trump. Considering he is already prosecuting Manafort (twice) and giving Gates immunity for that trial it looks as though that is not going to happen. There is nothing to pressure Manafort with anymore though Gates is possibly still in play.
tRump has made this about popularity so legally speaking it may have no direct bearing on the investigation but a conviction will make a difference. Maybe not to tRump's faithful but to the people at large it will. As far as gaining manaforts cooperation if he is convicted there is still the sentencing phase and another trial to go so who knows what will happen.
Trump can try and make this about anything he wants - that does not make it so. Plain and simple, Muller is going to complete his investigation and a conviction or acquittal here does not alter that fact of alter the likelihood of prosecuting Trump. The mere existence of the trial itself, otoh, does leave some doubt in my mind. It shows they are not going to roll over on Trump and Muller needs people to roll over.

As far as the election goes, I do not think it will matter at all. Those that are against Trump will hail this as proof of a corrupt campaign and vote as they would have - against Trump - and those that are for him will ignore it. The rest of us realize this has nothing to do with the campaign at all. The next trial, otoh, will have a very large impact IMHO, because it is directly related to the campaign and a conviction there can have dire consequences for Trump.

You reference all this data and provide NONE of it.
So, you are conceding you tried to present your opinion as fact, even quantifying it...and then got all weepy and accused me of same?

That's a big step for you.

As for the data, here is a nice collection: Most Americans Are Liberal, Even If They Don’t Know It

As for most Americans recognizing the validity of the Mueller probe:

Americans Support Mueller Probe — But Want Another One For FBI's Spying On Trump: IBD/TIPP Poll | Investor's Business Daily

Poll: Most Americans support passing a law to protect Mueller
will they pass a law to protect the jury in this trial? seems the dox'ing news channel is demanding names now.

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

It's also clear that the reason for the indictments are purely political, not a search for justice.

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

A conviction does not add anything to his investigation and popularity is irrelevant here. As far as Muller's overall investigation goes, this trial is an overall negative no matter what the outcome. Initially, taking down Manafort and Gates looked as though he was going to apply pressure to get the bigger fish - Trump. Considering he is already prosecuting Manafort (twice) and giving Gates immunity for that trial it looks as though that is not going to happen. There is nothing to pressure Manafort with anymore though Gates is possibly still in play.
tRump has made this about popularity so legally speaking it may have no direct bearing on the investigation but a conviction will make a difference. Maybe not to tRump's faithful but to the people at large it will. As far as gaining manaforts cooperation if he is convicted there is still the sentencing phase and another trial to go so who knows what will happen.
Trump can try and make this about anything he wants - that does not make it so. Plain and simple, Muller is going to complete his investigation and a conviction or acquittal here does not alter that fact of alter the likelihood of prosecuting Trump. The mere existence of the trial itself, otoh, does leave some doubt in my mind. It shows they are not going to roll over on Trump and Muller needs people to roll over.

As far as the election goes, I do not think it will matter at all. Those that are against Trump will hail this as proof of a corrupt campaign and vote as they would have - against Trump - and those that are for him will ignore it. The rest of us realize this has nothing to do with the campaign at all. The next trial, otoh, will have a very large impact IMHO, because it is directly related to the campaign and a conviction there can have dire consequences for Trump.

The next trial has nothing to do with Trump or his campaign either.

Just Manafort's connections to the President of the Ukraine. A President
that has been long gone.

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

The next trial has nothing to do with Trump or his campaign either.

Just Manafort's connections to the President of the Ukraine. A President
that has been long gone.
yet the left pushes for this like it's going to accomplish any of their stated goals.

will they pass a law to protect the jury in this trial?
Can't the judge refuse to release the names? I honestly don't know.
from what i read, the names can be released in a Criminal case but not addresses. even then the judge has final call.

given the judge is getting death threats and given CNN is known to "dox" people they're upset with - i simply do not trust this is a call to ensure an unbiased jury. it's funny this came out after the 4 questions were released and to me this shows the trial is not going muellers favor. could well be 100% wrong but why suddenly does CNN want to know who the jurors are? they didn't yesterday?

this is a legal standpoint i have no clue on so like many, i get to learn as we go.

yet the left pushes for this like it's going to accomplish any of their stated goals.
Okay...but these alleged actions by Manafort did not happen in a vacuum. They are part and parcel of Putin's larger efforts. That's a bigger topic than donald trump. if it turns out that Trump was a willing partner in this plan, this will be one of the pieces of the puzzle that Mueller has to put together for everybody.

will they pass a law to protect the jury in this trial?
Can't the judge refuse to release the names? I honestly don't know.
from what i read, the names can be released in a Criminal case but not addresses. even then the judge has final call.

given the judge is getting death threats and given CNN is known to "dox" people they're upset with - i simply do not trust this is a call to ensure an unbiased jury. it's funny this came out after the 4 questions were released and to me this shows the trial is not going muellers favor. could well be 100% wrong but why suddenly does CNN want to know who the jurors are? they didn't yesterday?

this is a legal standpoint i have no clue on so like many, i get to learn as we go.
You say the judge is getting death threats.... But, from whom and why?

If they find him guilty of Jaywalking the leftists here will call it a win and say it proves Russian Collusion.
This is how dishonest these people are.

The liberal media will spin and twist it into a capital murder charge.

If they find him guilty of Jaywalking the leftists here will call it a win and say it proves Russian Collusion.
This is how dishonest these people are.

It's politics. People on both sides like to present things in a favorable light.

The liberal media intentionally lie and twist, its not a case of mild bias its over the top propaganda.

Anyone who has followed the trial would know this if they didn't already. Why these dopes argue from a position of ignorance is beyond me.

More of a testament to what people who have never transferred 10k or more, or had holdings in excess of 10k or more overseas, don't know already. Even if someone has to follow the trial to know that, I still don't feel sorry for their broke ass. Which would lead someone to wonder how hard would it be to convince a jury, should that be what the question was about?

The jury doesn't need to be convinced. They're instructed on the crime and given evidence of that crime.

There is no foreign accounts listed on Manafort's tax returns yet bank records show Manafort making payments from a foreign account.

Case closed. Done.
If it were that simple then why would Muller give Gates such an awesome deal to testify...

What awesome deal? He pleaded guilty. He will be sentenced when he's done testifying.

Judge also received another note from the jury today (Friday)

They want to go home at 5pm, because one of the jurors has
a social engagement tonight.
Manafort jury asks to go home at 5 p.m. on Friday

Kinda sounds like they are far apart and some don't plan on changing their
minds.
Kinda sounds like they are far apart and some don't plan on changing their
minds.

Sounds more like you're grasping at anything that gives you glimmer of hope.

Okay...but these alleged actions by Manafort did not happen in a vacuum. They are part and parcel of Putin's larger efforts. That's a bigger topic than donald trump. if it turns out that Trump was a willing partner in this plan, this will be one of the pieces of the puzzle that Mueller has to put together for everybody.

Exactly. Manafort was brought on for a specific purpose. His access to Russian officials.

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

No he is not.

You bet your ass!!!

I'm.not really disagreeing with you but I think you are underestimating the possible effects of this verdict.

Forum List

Back