Just Found This Sucker In My House

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This wasn't the exact picture of it since I lost all of my senses as soon as I saw this thing. Normally I'm alright with spiders, but somebody else had to kill it for me. It's nasty!

wolf-spider.png

Looks like a Brown Recluse spider.
Those have a wicked bite....not good for the feeble

Really? I Googled it and it's supposed to be the Wolf Spider and that's more of what it looked like. I was just told that it was a Wolf Spider.

Yep, it is a Wolf Spider. Not dangerous to humans, but like all spiders it is venomous.

Funny story about one of those. About 10 years ago I was working on a fiber optic job in rural Kentucky. My roommate left on Thursday to go home for his weekend. Friday morning I get up and get in the shower to get ready to go to work. I am soaping up when I feel a tickle on my thigh. I look down and this big wolf spider is on my thigh and moving up. I slapped my thigh as I burst through the shower curtain and out into the kitchen. I am sure I screamed like a little girl.

I am fine with spiders, and have caught many types. But I am NOT fine with a big spider crawling up my thigh when I am naked.

I just hope that that thing didn't have babies. It came out of the heating duct.

This wasn't the exact picture of it since I lost all of my senses as soon as I saw this thing. Normally I'm alright with spiders, but somebody else had to kill it for me. It's nasty!

View attachment 780527
Looks sorta like a wolf spider or a funnel spider. Both are relatively harmless but they're big and fast. I hate spiders with a passion. Fortunately ... I haven't seen one in my home in more than 3 years.

Looks sorta like a wolf spider or a funnel spider. Both are relatively harmless but they're big and fast. I hate spiders with a passion. Fortunately ... I haven't seen one in my home in more than 3 years.

Lucky! As I said before, usually I'm alright with spiders but I was just about to grab the shotgun,.. that's usually only used for snakes.

Yep, it is a Wolf Spider. Not dangerous to humans, but like all spiders it is venomous.

Funny story about one of those. About 10 years ago I was working on a fiber optic job in rural Kentucky. My roommate left on Thursday to go home for his weekend. Friday morning I get up and get in the shower to get ready to go to work. I am soaping up when I feel a tickle on my thigh. I look down and this big wolf spider is on my thigh and moving up. I slapped my thigh as I burst through the shower curtain and out into the kitchen. I am sure I screamed like a little girl.

I am fine with spiders, and have caught many types. But I am NOT fine with a big spider crawling up my thigh when I am naked.
What happened to your roommate?

Forum List

Back