Just Found This Sucker In My House

I found a ten foot spider on my roof last October

1682718887606.jpeg

What happened to your roommate?

My roommate was not in town.

But it occurred to me that, as I was charging out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, I could have easily slipped and cracked my skull. Imagine the mystery that would leave? A grown man found dead in his kitchen, covered in soap, with the shower running. The spider would be long gone.

My roommate was not in town.

But it occurred to me that, as I was charging out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, I could have easily slipped and cracked my skull. Imagine the mystery that would leave? A grown man found dead in his kitchen, covered in soap, with the shower running. The spider would be long gone.
Now, I understand.

This wasn't the exact picture of it since I lost all of my senses as soon as I saw this thing. Normally I'm alright with spiders, but somebody else had to kill it for me. It's nasty!

View attachment 780527
Yeah wolf spider. Usually not a problem for humans but they are venomous meaning their bite can be painful for humans, but unless somebody had a severe allergic reaction the bite is not dangerous for humans. Something akin to an ant bite or at worst a bee sting. So they say similar to a tarantula bite. (I've never been bitten by either.) And like tarantulas, they are highly unlikely to bite even when you hold them if they are not provoked.

(I am going by what I have read of course. I have never been inspired to hold a spider in my hands other than a great daddy longlegs that are absolutely harmless to humans.)

I have a lot of rocks and boulders outside in the beds. Whenever I'm out there weeding around the rocks those things jump out. They're everywhere.

I'm like aaaaaahhhhhh...like a little bitch or something. lolol.

Yep, it is a Wolf Spider. Not dangerous to humans, but like all spiders it is venomous.

Funny story about one of those. About 10 years ago I was working on a fiber optic job in rural Kentucky. My roommate left on Thursday to go home for his weekend. Friday morning I get up and get in the shower to get ready to go to work. I am soaping up when I feel a tickle on my thigh. I look down and this big wolf spider is on my thigh and moving up. I slapped my thigh as I burst through the shower curtain and out into the kitchen. I am sure I screamed like a little girl.

I am fine with spiders, and have caught many types. But I am NOT fine with a big spider crawling up my thigh when I am naked.
I have a story about a spider. Grew up in NM. Dad had a deep booming voice. He got up in the morning and stumbled bleary eyed to the bathroom. Seems a tarantula had gotten there before him and was in the sink. He turned on the water to shave and the spider launched straight into the air. My dad screamed like a little girl. Can’t remember ever laughing so hard.

Forum List

Back