Just how bad is the situation in Iraq/Syria in regards to ISIS destroying ancient history?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
This happens too often now. an attempted suicide bomb attack at the Temple of Karnak in Luxor, one of the country's most popular tourist sites.
wondering if there are any experts on the region's history that can chime in on the destruction ISIS is doing. They've destroyed a museum in Mosul and now I'm hearing bulldozed an entire ancient city? I know civilization pretty much started over there. just how bad is it?
What should we do with these muslim barbarians?

Set the docents and curators loose on em. :)

The middle east issues are basicly a 'locals rule' dispute on larger scale. If we just got the hell out of the 'surfer dudes' water and off their beaches they'd chill out and resume playing soccer and racing camels. :)

This happens too often now. an attempted suicide bomb attack at the Temple of Karnak in Luxor, one of the country's most popular tourist sites.
wondering if there are any experts on the region's history that can chime in on the destruction ISIS is doing. They've destroyed a museum in Mosul and now I'm hearing bulldozed an entire ancient city? I know civilization pretty much started over there. just how bad is it?
What should we do with these muslim barbarians?

Yeah....sorry.....I don't care about art.....they had me at "They rape, torture, murder and spread sharia through armed conquest...." That people are concerned about art over humans.....sad........

yeah , the art and so called cradle of civilization fails to impress me , big deal if they destroy some carvings , buildings , sculptures , jmo .

I wonder what Ashurnasirpal II would think about all of this? Is what is happening in Syria and Iraq just part of what happens throughout history?
But this war mostly just makes me sad. Sad for the people caught up in it. Sad for the world.

yeah , the art and so called cradle of civilization fails to impress me , big deal if they destroy some carvings , buildings , sculptures , jmo .
It may not bother some of you but it is important to humanity as a whole. Every human has an innate curiosity about where we come from.
Some of those sites need to be protected

photos exist Grampa , and most likely that's all the majority of humans will ever see of this former civilization anyway . I first found out about the ancient Egyptians in a public library book about 58 years ago .

Forum List

Back