🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just In From Occupied Gaza

yah....guy... quit...

"Fayyad left the government after riddling our people with debt and Fatah must assume responsibility because it imposed him from the start," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told AFP. --- Abbas's Palestinian Authority is in financial crisis, partly as a result of non-disbursement of promised foreign funding, although the US Congress quietly unblocked $500 million (382 million euros) in aid last month..."

Hooray! BUT the man was not working for the US in Gaza, he was working for the US in the Occupied West Bank! NOW, COMES THE OPPORTUNITY for a reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas!

Last edited:
"Fayyad, a political independent, has come under increasing criticism as the Palestinian Authority lives through its worst-ever financial crisis, with Abbas's ruling Fatah movement openly deriding his economic policies as 'confused' earlier this month.

"But Washington has lobbied hard for the former World Bank official to be kept on."

Good riddance...maybe the World Bank will be less confused about illegal occupations?

Palestinian prime minister Fayyad intends to quit, say officials - Your Middle East

"Interesting. Fayyad has never been the prime minister of Palestine."

in a sense, it's true. he's an... "independant." ....

"The Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad has resigned after six years in the job, following a long dispute with President Mahmoud Abbas.

It is being seen as a blow to peace efforts with Israel just as the US is trying to revive negotiations. President Obama praised him during his visit to the region last month.

An independent, he belongs to neither President Abbas’ Fatah party, nor to Hamas. Instead he has been vulnerable to attack from both camps, and his economic policies at a time of hardship have been unpopular.

Although he failed to build a strong political base at home, Fayyad is admired abroad including in Israel.

He had reportedly offered to resign before; this time it has been accepted.

Under Palestinian law the president has two weeks to choose a new prime minister."

But Hamas....you "recognize" as a legitimate gov't. you're so different from the warm, loving italian grandpas i know...you and this blaise' attitude about 'resistence movement people.' it's very unnerving. (unless you're holding back and don't want to seem like a "quisling" in front of 'the others').

do you like abbas ? he just scored 500 million bucks. who (in the US) is in charge of overseeing what's done with the loot ? how come, if hamas is the gov't elected by the pali's - how come they didn't get the cash ???

What do you know about Sami here ? what's his ROLE in the gov't ??

"Hamass spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told AFP"

as a matter of fact....who do you look up to in the palestinian gov't ? -- who are they again....? i'd like to read about how they got their positions and their 'roles' in this HAMASs gov't ?

Hooray! BUT the man was not working for the US in Gaza, he was working for the US in the Occupied West Bank! NOW, COMES THE OPPORTUNITY for a reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas!

Another article I was reading this morning suggests what we may soon now be seeing is the dissolution of the Palestinian Autority! I say Hooray to that too!

Another article I was reading this morning suggests what we may soon now be seeing is the dissolution of the Palestinian Autority! I say Hooray to that too!

"Fatah and Hamas" ( come together, right now... )

"I hope someday you'll join us, And the world will live as one..."

Do you think that would be Bibi's cue to announce the official (creeping) annexation of Area C?

Do you think that would be Bibi's cue to announce the official (creeping) annexation of Area C?

I JUST know I have been reading about the coming collapse of the PA for a long time. I CANNOT visualize how things will play out when it finally happens.

Interesting.

Fayyad has never been the prime minister of Palestine.
Who is the PM?
Who is the President?
Did Obama meet with the wrong people?

It is said that Abbas fired PM Ismail Haniyeh and appointed Fayyad. However there is a procedure for that in the Palestinian constitution.

The president is to select a candidate and place him before parliament for approval. After this approval, and only after this approval, can the new PM take office. Neither Fayyad nor any of his cabinet have received parliamentary approval. It is illegal for them to take office. The existing PM, Ismail Haniyeh, is to remain in office until a new PM is approved and sworn into office.

Abbas left the government in June of 2007. The constitutional procedure to replace a president is for the speaker of parliament, Dr. Aziz Dweik, to temporarily assume the office of the president and call an election within 60 days.

I JUST know I have been reading about the coming collapse of the PA for a long time. I CANNOT visualize how things will play out when it finally happens.
The outcome might depend on events playing out thousands of miles from Palestine, like the Korean peninsula, for example. Armageddon meets the Guns of August? Sooner or later the greedy fools who control the governments of this world will make a terminal mistake. And we'll all pay.

Interesting.

Fayyad has never been the prime minister of Palestine.
Who is the PM?
Who is the President?

It is said that Abbas fired PM Ismail Haniyeh and appointed Fayyad. However there is a procedure for that in the Palestinian constitution.

The president is to select a candidate and place him before parliament for approval. After this approval, and only after this approval, can the new PM take office. Neither Fayyad nor any of his cabinet have received parliamentary approval. It is illegal for them to take office. The existing PM, Ismail Haniyeh, is to remain in office until a new PM is approved and sworn into office.

Abbas left the government in June of 2007. The constitutional procedure to replace a president is for the speaker of parliament, Dr. Aziz Dweik, to temporarily assume the office of the president and call an election within 60 days.
What do you think happens if the PA dissolves?

Who is the PM?
Who is the President?

Do you mean the illegal "PA" in the west bank?

Perhaps the legal government will take over.

Do you mean the illegal "PA" in the west bank?

Perhaps the legal government will take over.
Would that be Hamas?

Forum List

Back