Justice for Giggles

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Giggles

You can feel safer today knowing that a no-kill animal shelter in Wisconsin was recently raided by a group of 13 heavily armed agents of the government. They were there to get Giggles, an illegally rescued baby deer. A shelter worker said the agents descended on the property “like a swat team” and soon the deer was being carried off in a body bag. Giggles is dead now and the world is somehow a better place thanks to our government helpers.

giggles.jpg

Giggles | Reality Bats Last

Poor little deer :( Let's all demand justice for Giggles.

Wild deer carry ticks that carry Lymes' disease, so this is not a laughing matter, as much as you guys want to make it out to be.

Oh, hey, who runs the Wisconsin DNR? Wouldn't that be Tea-Bagging hero Scott Walker?

Wild deer carry ticks that carry Lymes' disease, so this is not a laughing matter, as much as you guys want to make it out to be.

Oh, hey, who runs the Wisconsin DNR? Wouldn't that be Tea-Bagging hero Scott Walker?

Your dogs and cats can get deer ticks too so let's just kill them all.

Idiot.

This shelter was doing the right thing. They made arrangements for a wildlife shelter to take the fawn. There was certainly no need for a military assault on the shelter.

Idiot.

Not even a close comparison. Point was, a deer infected with deer ticks in an animal shelter could have spread them into areas where they otherwise couldn't have gotten.

BUt I know if you are a paranoid loon clinging to your gun and your bible, Giggles is now a martyr to the mean old government you spend most of your time pissing yourself over.

Well, time to go to work. Some of us have to pay for your food stamps.

Idiot.

Not even a close comparison. Point was, a deer infected with deer ticks in an animal shelter could have spread them into areas where they otherwise couldn't have gotten.

BUt I know if you are a paranoid loon clinging to your gun and your bible, Giggles is now a martyr to the mean old government you spend most of your time pissing yourself over.

Well, time to go to work. Some of us have to pay for your food stamps.

Deer ticks are ubiquitous. One baby fawn would not cause some epidemic of Lyme disease. BTW I am an atheist. And there is absolutely no justification for a military style assault on an animal shelter in order to kill a fawn. All that needed to be done was to talk with the shelter's manager and it would have been found out that the deer was going to a proper shelter in a day or two.

And not just deer ticks carry Lyme disease.

Idiot.

JB says: Point was, a deer infected with deer ticks in an animal shelter could have spread them into areas where they otherwise couldn't have gotten.
(actually it should be B.J. and i do not mean Billy Joe :up:)

why is it all across this great land of ours, wild animals injured, abandoned, orphaned etc. go into animal shelters, for rehab to eventually be released back into their natural environment, but this one baby deer had to be killed.........., why is that J.B. ??

JB says: Point was, a deer infected with deer ticks in an animal shelter could have spread them into areas where they otherwise couldn't have gotten.

why is it all across this great land of ours, wild animals injured, abandoned, orphaned etc. go into animal shelters, for rehab to eventually be released back into their natural environment, but this one baby deer had to be killed.........., why is that J.B. ??

Because the government is always right and should use as much force and violence as possible at all times to keep us all in line.

There was absolutely no need for this kind of assault. Thankfully it does not happen often. In Glendale a friendly bear was handled humanely.

Did the folks that own that Wisconsin animal shelter do anything hurt or interfere with another?

No.

Did they take anything that didn't belong to them?

No.

Then they shouldn't have suffered interference by government authorities because of what some bureaucrat declares "might" happen.

Good question. But before I go into a hysterical anti-government rants, I'd kind of like to hear the DNR's side of it.

One account said the deer was taken out alive and ethanized later, which means maybe there was something seriously wrong with it.

Because the government is always right and should use as much force and violence as possible at all times to keep us all in line.

No, just the stupid people.

Maybe there was a long history of problems with this shelter and the DNR.

Frankly, I'd like to hear the DNR's side of it.

There are treatments for ticks. They didn't kill this deer because of deer ticks. There should be a special place, not in hell, but right here, for those who murder helpless animals for no reason like this.

Why?

You're already convinced the fucking government morons are right.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence knows that one baby fawn is not a threat to public health.

Why?

You're already convinced the fucking government morons are right.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence knows that one baby fawn is not a threat to public health.

I don't know that...

And frankly, I don't consider it that big of a deal. When I go to my wisconsin place, I ususally see about five road kill deer on the way up. The world is not a poorer place for one less deer.

Forum List

Back