Justice for Giggles

Why?

You're already convinced the fucking government morons are right.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence knows that one baby fawn is not a threat to public health.

I don't know that...

And frankly, I don't consider it that big of a deal. When I go to my wisconsin place, I ususally see about five road kill deer on the way up. The world is not a poorer place for one less deer.

On that we agree. White tail deer are the biggest failure in the history of a long LONG list of failed wildlife "management" by our government.

First, we wiped out all of their natural predators AND the hunters almost wiped out the deer. The hunters wanted more deer though so suddenly our tax dollars are spent breeding more and more deer. That's bad enough but the idiot hunters wanted still more deer so the gumt started what is known as "salad bowl management" which causes an artificial increase in births every year and was a contributing factor in chronic wasting disease.

So, we're up to our fenders in dead deer on the highway, they're practically vermin and some cities and townships actually hire sharp shooters to mow them down and what is the governments answer to that?

They're now paying deer farmers to release their stock in hopes of slowing chronic wasting in the wild population. The rw's will disagree because they want more and more laws that control everything we do. But this is just one more area that we need to control the government instead of the damn hunters having the control.

The nutters are always yammering that they want more guns ... Why not just arm Bambi and his little friends?

On the plus side, for the third year, we've had twins born in our yard. (none last year, but twins the two years before that) We're far from hunting and our deer are spoiled rotten and they stay out here on the peninsula with us.

This is not about deer, the deer population or guns.

It is about out of control government thuggery.

[

But scary guns are bad aren't they?

You're the one who wants to ban guns.

No, I still want the police and army to have them. Something about a "Well-Regulated Militia" or something like that. Sorry for your confusion, but I think I've explained that a bunch of times.

I don't want a--holes who want to shoot kids buying candy or government agents doing their jobs to have them.

What about the utter waste of money?

And the Rambo cops have shot a lot of innocent people and dogs but that's OK with you right?

If CWD had spread to that region, it would have cost a lot more money.

We aren't talking about other cases, but usually when you do, it turns out you leave out parts like "Crazy Hillbilly who had taken pot-shots at the cops first".

There is no justification for this action because of a baby fawn. Period.

Anyone with any common sense would have just asked the shelter owner about it but the fucking cops compare it to a drug bust.

Really?

The people at this shelter were in violation of Federal and State laws, and I doubt this was the first time they were a problem.

Assumption on your part. Again.

It was a harmless baby fawn

No force was necessary to have it delivered to a proper sanctuary and there was no need to waste tax payer money on a tactical raid.

[

This is not about deer, the deer population or guns.

It is about out of control government thuggery.

No one died.
No one was injured.
No property was damaged.

If you guys are going to insist that everyone have access to big guns, don't expect the cops to bring a knife to a gunfight.

The entire exercise was unnecessary and overblown.

What can't you see about that?

It was a needless show of force, a needless waste of money and quite frankly it was fucking stupid.
And funny that I have never killed or injured anyone or damaged anyone's property yet you want ban me from having guns.

[

It was a needless show of force, a needless waste of money and quite frankly it was fucking stupid.
And funny that I have never killed or injured anyone or damaged anyone's property yet you want ban me from having guns.

You don't have a job where you need one. (Unless you do, and then I'd have no problem giving you one if you were properly licensed, bonded, insured, trained and supervised.)

I just can't get upset that a bunch of cops used a bit more than they needed to.

True story. Had a holiday a few years back where one of my neighbors got into a shouting match with her son after she got "chemically enhanced." (Thanks to the Bush Housing Crisis, my complex has gotten a lot seedier.) I called 9-1-1 because, shit, she looked like she was going to go out and drive somewhere. Well, they sent four squad cars, a fire engine and an ambulance to deal with her.

Overkill? Maybe. Better than the alternative of her hoping into her car and running over a family? Absolutely.

Same thing here. Yeah, maybe overkill to send 13 officers to arrest Giggles. But better than one of these animal rights whacks letting giggles out and say, "Run Free, Giggles" while they were arguing about procedure at the front door... absolutely.

[

You don't have a job where you need one. (Unless you do, and then I'd have no problem giving you one if you were properly licensed, bonded, insured, trained and supervised.)

I just can't get upset that a bunch of cops used a bit more than they needed to.

True story. Had a holiday a few years back where one of my neighbors got into a shouting match with her son after she got "chemically enhanced." (Thanks to the Bush Housing Crisis, my complex has gotten a lot seedier.) I called 9-1-1 because, shit, she looked like she was going to go out and drive somewhere. Well, they sent four squad cars, a fire engine and an ambulance to deal with her.

Overkill? Maybe. Better than the alternative of her hoping into her car and running over a family? Absolutely.

Same thing here. Yeah, maybe overkill to send 13 officers to arrest Giggles. But better than one of these animal rights whacks letting giggles out and say, "Run Free, Giggles" while they were arguing about procedure at the front door... absolutely.

And that is analogous to a harmless baby fawn how?

[

A baby fawn that had to be euthanized because it was carrying Chronic Wasting Disease?

A baby fawn that had to be euthanized because it was carrying Chronic Wasting Disease?

Did you see the veterinary diagnosis?

Was that part of the aerial surveillance?

And since when is euthanizing an animal a job for the SWAT team?

Not the point.

Point was, they have a law against moving an animal across state lines for a reason. Wisconsin is VERY strict on a lot of things related to moving wildlife from IL to WI. Chronic Wasting Disease, Asian Carp, Zebra Mussels. They are trying to keep the state's nature areas pristine, and that means enforcing the rules.

But not to worry, for you guys clinging to your guns, this is an awesome story of mean old gummit.

Not the point.

Point was, they have a law against moving an animal across state lines for a reason. Wisconsin is VERY strict on a lot of things related to moving wildlife from IL to WI. Chronic Wasting Disease, Asian Carp, Zebra Mussels. They are trying to keep the state's nature areas pristine, and that means enforcing the rules.

But not to worry, for you guys clinging to your guns, this is an awesome story of mean old gummit.

So it wasn't sick?

You just assume it was.

Got it.

[

So it wasn't sick?

You just assume it was.

Got it.

I dont' know (or care) if it was.

But it MIGHT have been.

Again. This shelter had violated FEDERAL and STATE law by sheltering this deer.

And until they knew for sure, they couldn't risk it getting into the general deer population.

That would have been assessed at the licensed wildlife shelter where the fawn was being taken.

If we had things your way you'd want SWAT team raids for a simple OSHA violation like not labeling a bottle of hand soap.

Get with the program...it's okay for government elites and cronies to kill animals (confer the high number of Golden Eagles in CA that are killed by wind farms)...and do you really expect them to show respect for any life forms?

Get with the program...it's okay for government elites and cronies to kill animals (confer the high number of Golden Eagles in CA that are killed by wind farms)...and do you really expect them to show respect for any life forms?

And that's the key right there - the left has contempt for life in general. Government has utter disdain for life. This is just the manifestation of the hatred government bureaucracies feel toward the living.

A baby deer, a thousand head of cattle, a dog on the road, a million Republicans - it's all the same and these same people with the same mentality would not hesitate a millisecond to kill any or all of the above.

[

So it wasn't sick?

You just assume it was.

Got it.

I dont' know (or care) if it was.

But it MIGHT have been.

Again. This shelter had violated FEDERAL and STATE law by sheltering this deer.

And until they knew for sure, they couldn't risk it getting into the general deer population.

That would have been assessed at the licensed wildlife shelter where the fawn was being taken.

If we had things your way you'd want SWAT team raids for a simple OSHA violation like not labeling a bottle of hand soap.

Betcha they'd never make the mistake again if they did.

Again, not knowing the history of this shelter, or how many previous violations they had, we'd just be speculating, wouldn't we?

They intended to kill Giggles and took the kind of force they thought would not be resisted. The clown who broke Gigggles neck or back should have had the shit beat outta him and might have if they hadn't looked like the invasion of Normandy. Somebody needs to see to it whoever organized that raid gets charged with animal cruelty. Not that Giggles would have lasted long in the woods....coyotes or a bear would have made quick work of her.

Forum List

Back