Justice for Giggles

Incidently, you have this...

Wisconsin law prohibits people from taking animals from the wild or keeping a wild animal without a permit.

DNR Warden Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer told the television station that state law requires animals like the fawn to be euthanized because they could spread disease.

DNR spokesman Bill Cosh told The Associated Press on Friday that the main concern with deer is chronic wasting disease, a fatal illness that affects the nervous system. CWD has been found in 17 states. To help prevent its spread, state and federal laws bar moving deer illegally taken from the wild to rehabilitation facilities in other states without authorization.

"These are always difficult situations for both parties involved, and we are empathetic to the fact of what happened because we know in our heart of hearts, they tried to do the right thing," Niemeyer told the television station.

She said the fawn was not killed at the shelter, but tranquilized and euthanized later.

Read more: Giggles the deer: Wis. wildlife officials raid no-kill shelter, take baby deer and euthanize it

So in short, the deer was moved across state lines to a shelter that was not authorized to keep wild animals in violation of state law. Upon examination by a vet, the animal was Euthanized.

"but, but, but... SWAT Team!!!!" squeal the government haters.

Yeah. Some of these animal rights types can be pretty whacked out. I'd hope the DNR and Sheriff's would take proper precautions.

Not that this will have an effect on the "Cold Dead Hands" crowd who hate government as long as there's a Negro in charge.

No, just the stupid people.

Maybe there was a long history of problems with this shelter and the DNR.

Frankly, I'd like to hear the DNR's side of it.

Why?

You're already convinced the fucking government morons are right.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence knows that one baby fawn is not a threat to public health.

I don't know that...

Exactly my point.

And frankly, I don't consider it that big of a deal. When I go to my wisconsin place, I ususally see about five road kill deer on the way up. The world is not a poorer place for one less deer.

It's not the death of the deer you idiot.

It's the military style assault that's the issue here.

But since government agents are involved and as far as your concerned any violence performed by government is OK you focus on the deer instead.

[

And frankly, I don't consider it that big of a deal. When I go to my wisconsin place, I ususally see about five road kill deer on the way up. The world is not a poorer place for one less deer.

But since government agents are involved and as far as your concerned any violence performed by government is OK you focus on the deer instead.

I'm sorry, were any of these people shot? Beaten? Property smashed up?

No. Didn't think so.

"Oh, they had scary guns and armor!"

[

I'm sorry, were any of these people shot? Beaten? Property smashed up?

No. Didn't think so.

"Oh, they had scary guns and armor!"

But scary guns are bad aren't they?

You're the one who wants to ban guns.

What about the utter waste of money?

And the Rambo cops have shot a lot of innocent people and dogs but that's OK with you right?

There is no justification for this action because of a baby fawn. Period.

Anyone with any common sense would have just asked the shelter owner about it but the fucking cops compare it to a drug bust.

Really?

Wow. This is friggin surreal.

The rabid nutters who always hate everything and want the government to have complete control over everything we do are in favor of the SWAT team standing down and the fawn going to the rehab center?

While Joe, who is always spot on with his facts and opinions agrees with the killing of the fawn.

This thread should be stickied cuz its unlikely we'll ever see this again.

Folks used to find baby dear all the time when I lived in NH.

No one ever called a SWAT team to get them.

The fish cops always picked them up and they were raised and released back into the wild.

No reason on Gods green Earth to kill that fawn.

Wild deer carry ticks that carry Lymes' disease, so this is not a laughing matter, as much as you guys want to make it out to be.

Oh, hey, who runs the Wisconsin DNR? Wouldn't that be Tea-Bagging hero Scott Walker?

It's not like they couldn't dip the deer and get rid of ticks like we do the dogs. Killing him was the ONLY answer. Right?

Wild deer carry ticks that carry Lymes' disease, so this is not a laughing matter, as much as you guys want to make it out to be.

Oh, hey, who runs the Wisconsin DNR? Wouldn't that be Tea-Bagging hero Scott Walker?

for one, you assume this deer had lyme, not all do. any domestic pets, cats, dogs that go out into the woods are as likely to pick up a deer tick as a deer. Do we detroy them all?

Folks used to find baby dear all the time when I lived in NH.

No one ever called a SWAT team to get them.

The fish cops always picked them up and they were raised and released back into the wild.

No reason on Gods green Earth to kill that fawn.

when i used to have a solar cover on my pool, deer would always try to run across it and fall in the pool. mostly the fawns. i' pull them out and off they go. early last spring i had a deer walk across my winter cover and fall through. not all the way, just it's hooves pierced the cover and it's 4 legs went through. so there i was belly on the cover, 4 legs dangling in the water. that was a bitch to get out. i had to get on its back and with one arm hold its head so it couldn't tunn and bite me. then i wrapped my legs and other arm around it and rolled onto by back, freeing its legs. then i had to kind of edge my way on my back, wiht the deer still in a lock hold, across the cover until i got close enought ot the side to roll over and let it free. onc i let go it just got upright and bolted off.

It's not like they couldn't dip the deer and get rid of ticks like we do the dogs. Killing him was the ONLY answer. Right?

No need to dip anymore.

Front line and other very effective topical treatments exist.

Not only did they have a massive force going into this no kill animal shelter, the DNR actually spent good money getting aerial photos so they could get a warrant.

I mean freaking come on here. Is this over the top or what?

No need to dip anymore.

Front line and other very effective topical treatments exist.

We get ticks just going for a walk in the woods. I'm surrounded by anything and everything that can carry a tick.

Hell's bells I get ticks on me just hanging clothes on the laundry line. No big smurf.

We strip down coming into the house. The tweezers are on the kitchen counter and I stock up on after bite.

It's just part of living out here.

What this army of Barney Fife's did was so freaking over the top. Why couldn't someone from DNR just pay a visit to the shelter and find out what was going on with the fawn?

Aerial surveillance? For a fawn?

This story sounds like a bad joke, but two weeks ago it was the reality at the Society of St. Francis, a no-kill animal shelter.

Nine DNR agents and 4 Deputy Officers, all heavily armed, raided the shelter with the mission of detaining the shelter workers, and then targeting and destroying a two-week-old fawn named Giggles.

The mission that was set in place by Chief Conservation Warden Randy Stark included a pre-raid aerial surveillance of the shelter and photos of the barn that housed Giggles.

Tax payer?s money spent on DNR team to kill a fawn - Kansas City Animal Advocacy | Examiner.com

Aerial surveillance? For a fawn?

This story sounds like a bad joke, but two weeks ago it was the reality at the Society of St. Francis, a no-kill animal shelter.

Nine DNR agents and 4 Deputy Officers, all heavily armed, raided the shelter with the mission of detaining the shelter workers, and then targeting and destroying a two-week-old fawn named Giggles.

The mission that was set in place by Chief Conservation Warden Randy Stark included a pre-raid aerial surveillance of the shelter and photos of the barn that housed Giggles.

Tax payer?s money spent on DNR team to kill a fawn - Kansas City Animal Advocacy | Examiner.com

It's government flexing their muscle.

Think this mindset would hesitate even a second before murdering a half million people and throwing them in a ditch?

You know they wouldn't.

No, just the stupid people.

Maybe there was a long history of problems with this shelter and the DNR.

Frankly, I'd like to hear the DNR's side of it.

Why?

You're already convinced the fucking government morons are right.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence knows that one baby fawn is not a threat to public health.

I don't know that...

On that we agree. White tail deer are the biggest failure in the history of a long LONG list of failed wildlife "management" by our government.

First, we wiped out all of their natural predators AND the hunters almost wiped out the deer. The hunters wanted more deer though so suddenly our tax dollars are spent breeding more and more deer. That's bad enough but the idiot hunters wanted still more deer so the gumt started what is known as "salad bowl management" which causes an artificial increase in births every year and was a contributing factor in chronic wasting disease.

So, we're up to our fenders in dead deer on the highway, they're practically vermin and some cities and townships actually hire sharp shooters to mow them down and what is the governments answer to that?

They're now paying deer farmers to release their stock in hopes of slowing chronic wasting in the wild population. The rw's will disagree because they want more and more laws that control everything we do. But this is just one more area that we need to control the government instead of the damn hunters having the control.

The nutters are always yammering that they want more guns ... Why not just arm Bambi and his little friends?

On the plus side, for the third year, we've had twins born in our yard. (none last year, but twins the two years before that) We're far from hunting and our deer are spoiled rotten and they stay out here on the peninsula with us.

[

But scary guns are bad aren't they?

You're the one who wants to ban guns.

No, I still want the police and army to have them. Something about a "Well-Regulated Militia" or something like that. Sorry for your confusion, but I think I've explained that a bunch of times.

I don't want a--holes who want to shoot kids buying candy or government agents doing their jobs to have them.

What about the utter waste of money?

And the Rambo cops have shot a lot of innocent people and dogs but that's OK with you right?

If CWD had spread to that region, it would have cost a lot more money.

We aren't talking about other cases, but usually when you do, it turns out you leave out parts like "Crazy Hillbilly who had taken pot-shots at the cops first".

There is no justification for this action because of a baby fawn. Period.

Anyone with any common sense would have just asked the shelter owner about it but the fucking cops compare it to a drug bust.

Really?

The people at this shelter were in violation of Federal and State laws, and I doubt this was the first time they were a problem.

Forum List

Back