Justin Amash forms exploratory team for 3rd party run

This would be a dream come true. He would most definitely have my vote.

(CNN)Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.

I won't. The choice is between Trump and Biden. A vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. Trump must go.
Good luck with that. The rest of us can happily laugh at either of those clowns.
I will presume you're a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist,
If not, please explain why you're different than any other Libertarian.
You need to work on your openers.
Every Libertarian I know and see on Fox is a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist.
I asked a simple question and you provided an ad hominem.
Very not Libertarian of you.
I'm sure what you know of libertarianism could fit into a thimble. Regardless, when you open with a variation of, "Are you a piece of human trash like every other libertarian I've heard of..." you can't really expect anyone to care what you think.
I have more than enough Libertarians in my suburban town.
They say the US should not intervene in other nations business but that a business can do whatever it wants unfettered by any level of governmental law.
They are also complete scumbags when it comes to how they treat their employees and the chain of labor.

Do you fit into the scumbag category?
If you don't, simply say so.
If you provide yet another ad hominem, it means I touched a raw nerve and Libertarians are supposedly pure Logic.
Did you know that libertarians, along with the rest of the logical population, do not believe that you get to define what anyone else's response means?
You are admitting no two libertarians define themselves the same way.
Thus, the label "Libertarian" is meaningless.
Unfortunately, the Libertarians I know all think in concert because all they truly want is money!
By the way, Libertarians love police.
Libertarians are individualists? No two people think exactly the same way? Big if true.
So don't expect what you expect if a Libertarian ever becomes President.
I don't expect a Libertarian to ever become president. Or, rather, I don't expect a libertarian to ever become president.
Only because most American voters are too stupid. They are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
Maybe. Maybe it's primarily because election laws written by Republicans and Democrats purposefully and unfairly exclude other parties and independent candidates. Maybe it's primarily because the American system can really only fit two broad-spectrum political parties. Maybe we're just bad at promoting ourselves electorally. Whatever the case may be, a genuine libertarian will never be President of the United States.
I’d like to think a good candidate whether libertarian or not, could do very well in this election. Many Americans are feed up with Trump, including republicans. All D voters hate Donnie, but most know Sniffy is terribly flawed. That opens up an lane for a third candidate, but the deck is purposely stacked against a non duopoly candidate.

Had Bernie not sold out to the elites and D party, he might have had a chance.

What is "feed up"?

If Jill Stein wasn't there in 2016, who would her votes have gone to?

Left-leaning voters are going to vote for a left-leaning candidate. Right-leaning voters are going to vote for a right-leaning candidate.

Not good news.

Amush is a turn coat. Republicans have a problem with Republicans who change party's during their term of election
Yes, we need our politicians to be one with the party. Any politician who strays from party doctrine, must be expunged.

Are you a former Soviet communist?
#Becauseitsacult

If Jill Stein wasn't there in 2016, who would her votes have gone to?

Left-leaning voters are going to vote for a left-leaning candidate. Right-leaning voters are going to vote for a right-leaning candidate.

Disagree my friend. Amash is clearly not a Trump fan. He won't pull a single vote from Trumpists. The ONLY thing his candidacy would do is to pull votes away from Indies and Mods who would have voted for Biden otherwise.

He's like Bloomberg or a plethora of other Never Trumpers. The ONLY thing such a candidacy would do is to pull votes away from Biden and hand Trump a disastrous second term.

Not good news.

Amush is a turn coat. Republicans have a problem with Republicans who change party's during their term of election
Yes, we need our politicians to be one with the party. Any politician who strays from party doctrine, must be expunged.

Again the Republicans who were elected were done to support the President.
You want to claim it communist style? I say fuck you when the President is trying to do good for the country and Amush broke tanks with the enemy.
Go fuck your dog
Interesting things you think of.

I am not sure why the OP would think this is good news? Do you think one of the most conservative members of the House is got to pull votes away from the Democrats?

Exactly. I'm not sure why there are Trump supporters thinking this is no big deal. Amash doesn't affect Biden's votes except for maybe some Independents. But he gives the real conservatives, real moderates, and the balance of independents (that voted for Trump) who have been driven out of the Republican Party by the cult of Trump someone else to vote for. And that may take away enough of Trump's independent vote and a small percentage of his base to be fatal. Trump and his campaign team are probably doing a collective "Oh shit!" right now.
Something that would be a true indicator of whether the trump cult is concerned or not is if they attack Amash.....looks like there's a bit of that going on right now from cultists.

(CNN)Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.

I won't. The choice is between Trump and Biden. A vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. Trump must go.
Good luck with that. The rest of us can happily laugh at either of those clowns.
I'm sure what you know of libertarianism could fit into a thimble. Regardless, when you open with a variation of, "Are you a piece of human trash like every other libertarian I've heard of..." you can't really expect anyone to care what you think.
They say the US should not intervene in other nations business but that a business can do whatever it wants unfettered by any level of governmental law.
They are also complete scumbags when it comes to how they treat their employees and the chain of labor.

If you provide yet another ad hominem, it means I touched a raw nerve and Libertarians are supposedly pure Logic.
Did you know that libertarians, along with the rest of the logical population, do not believe that you get to define what anyone else's response means?
Unfortunately, the Libertarians I know all think in concert because all they truly want is money!
Libertarians are individualists? No two people think exactly the same way? Big if true.
I don't expect a Libertarian to ever become president. Or, rather, I don't expect a libertarian to ever become president.
Only because most American voters are too stupid. They are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
Maybe. Maybe it's primarily because election laws written by Republicans and Democrats purposefully and unfairly exclude other parties and independent candidates. Maybe it's primarily because the American system can really only fit two broad-spectrum political parties. Maybe we're just bad at promoting ourselves electorally. Whatever the case may be, a genuine libertarian will never be President of the United States.
I’d like to think a good candidate whether libertarian or not, could do very well in this election. Many Americans are feed up with Trump, including republicans. All D voters hate Donnie, but most know Sniffy is terribly flawed. That opens up an lane for a third candidate, but the deck is purposely stacked against a non duopoly candidate.

I'm sure you meet a lot of people at the park who agree with you while you're feeding the pigeons.
I live in Nassau County and the Trump bumper stickers are everywhere.
So you think ALL republicans and cons love a Trump. Is that right?

Not good news.

You want to claim it communist style? I say fuck you when the President is trying to do good for the country and Amush broke tanks with the enemy.
Go fuck your dog
I wouldn’t call that thinking.

I'm sure you meet a lot of people at the park who agree with you while you're feeding the pigeons.
There is no difference between Rs and Cs except for talking points that they don't live by,
I thinks Rs & Cs would love another GW.
I think 9/10 of the stuff you blame Trump for is bullshit.

Two things: The Libertarian Party convention is currently scheduled to be at the end of May, so it's a little late to be announcing now but he's by far the biggest name of the bunch running so that's a decided advantage. That said, delegates may not like that he waited until the last minute to join the party when he could have done the moment he left the Republican Party. Secondly, Amash is from Michigan. It's possible he could cost Trump the state this go around. That's what he might bring to this election.
Actually being a turncoat makes even more unelectable with Republicans
You mispelled "heretic". #Becauseitsacult

There is no difference between Rs and Cs except for talking points that they don't live by,
I voted for dumb Don, but only because I thought him the lesser evil. Problem is, he’s still evil.

I was a dumb con like you long ago, then I got informed. I know how you fools think.

I voted for dumb Don, but only because I thought him the lesser evil. Problem is, he’s still evil.

I was a dumb con like you long ago, then I got informed. I know how you fools think.
There is no human being without taint.
Should Trump STFU most of the time?
YES.
Is he doing what I want him to do?
YES.

Can you define Con?
I truly don't think you know what you mean.
Really...define Con...please.

I really don't know how you expect to have any meaningful dialogue with anybody if this is the way you are going to characterize people. Why don't you grow up

Thanks for reminding me why I gave that one the swirly :)
Yeah...one of the guys who says Trump is the worst President in US history.
You really carry a lot of weight in Reality Land!
He does indeed.

Not good news.

Go fuck your dog
But...it's what he does.

He's about as significant as a fly on a thoroughbred's ass.
No wonder there isn’t an effective third party. Too many Americans are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
I agree. However, Trump isn't a party guy. He used the Republican party.
Yes we who voted for him hoped he wouldn’t govern as a party guy. Sadly he has.
He sure hasn't responded to the Democrat party and their sycophants in the media like a typical Republican has in the past. He's emboldened the Republicans to step up and fight back.
I don’t think he’s emboldened anyone.
He sure drives democrats and their propaganda parrots crazy.
Crooks tend to do that to normal people.

Can you define Con?
You’ve forgotten that you and I agreed on a lot, when Ears was potus. I was very critical of O and consider him one of our worst presidents. But unlike you, I’m not beholden to a party or politician. That’s what dummies do. So, I can see that Donnie sucks.

Can you define Con?
You’ve forgotten that you and I agreed on a lot, when Ears was potus. I was very critical of O and consider him one of our worst presidents. But unlike you, I’m not beholden to a party or politician. That’s what dummies do. So, I can see that Donnie sucks.
I still agree you on 95+% of your posts.
I simply don't see why you think Trump isn't at least trying to get done what he ran on.
I don't know where you got the impression that I cater to either Party.
After Trump, I probably won't vote for President again.

Not good news.

Go fuck your dog
But...it's what he does.
He tries.

Forum List

Back