Kamala Harris is cutting off Trump’s political oxygen

Bullies thrive on getting reactions from their targets because bullies are so weak. Reactions validate them. By not engaging him in the mud, she looks like the adult in the room (which, admittedly, is not exactly a difficult task).

If she can do that, and if she can stay focused and not spiral into verbosity, she'll look pretty good. I suspect the few remaining undecideds are just hoping for a normal, decent, young enough adult for a change. Enough junior high drama.
Candidates for the office of President let the voters know what their plans are for the country if they're elected. They talk about problems and solutions. They let us know what THEIR agenda will be and they show us with their history that they will follow through on that agenda!

What they DON'T do is avoid the press. What they DON'T do is send confusing messages about who they are by flip flopping on issues.

Aaron Rupar outlines how Harris has neutered Trump through adeptly learning from the failures of those before her. Basically letting Trump self destruct and refusing to let Trump or his unwitting dupes, the press, drive the narrative with silliness. Her campaign has been masterful. She has stayed above the fray and has let her witty social media accounts do the trolling.

Kamala Harris is succeeding in accomplishing something none of Donald Trump’s adversaries have since 2016: Turning off his political oxygen supply by refusing to engage with his manufactured spectacles of insults and taunts, or with the often wholly substance-free issues that preoccupy the press.

As last Thursday’s CNN interview of Harris and her running mate Tim Walz made clear, she’s resolutely unwilling to let the press — or Trump himself — set the agenda for her presidential campaign. In the process, she’s managed to blunt the tools Trump has repeatedly used to undermine his opponents: drawing them into responding to his schoolyard slights, and turning the media’s pursuit of purportedly “legitimate” questions about his opponents — many of them formulated by GOP partisans — into political weapons.

Harris’s refusal to engage with Trump on his terms represents a break from how Democrats traditionally have dealt with him. In related news, her favorables continue to rise while an obviously flustered Trump flails at ghosts and searches in vain for a smear campaign that will allow him to regain the initiative.

It’s hardly a coincidence that over the past several weeks, the power of the press to impact the tenor and focus of the presidential campaign — and the power of Trump to do the same — has been suddenly thrown into question. By refusing to engage with Trump’s taunts or play by journalists’ rules, Harris has upended presumptions about politics that have dominated during most of the past decade. And that’s a good thing.

Kumswallla is doing nothing of the sort. She’s hiding in the basement just like Mumbling Bumbling Stumbling *Joe.

Kamala must suck in bed, she lets out a SHIT SALAD of words and I bet most men want it to be over! :p
"Well, I will do that and we're sitting down, you know, I was, uh, somebody, we had Sen. Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka were so, uh, impactful on that issue, it's a very important issue, but I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about that because childcare is childcare is couldn't, you know, is something you have to have it in this country, you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compare to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to but they'll get used to it very quickly and it's not going to stop them from doing business with us but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including childcare, that it's going to take care. We're going to have, I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly very short period of time coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country because I have to stay with childcare, I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth. But growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about. We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars and as much as childcare is talked about as being expensive, it's relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we will be taking in. We're gonna make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people. But we will take care of our country first, this is about America First. It's about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we're a failing nation. So we'll take care of it."

Kamala must suck in bed, she lets out a SHIT SALAD of words and I bet most men want it to be over! :p
Commiela has cognitive defects that affect her communication. Tampon Tim admits he has a hard time public speaking because his grammar is poor. I can hardly wait tor the VP debate. Vance is going to beat him like a drum.

Commiela has cognitive defects that affect her communication. Tampon Tim admits he has a hard time public speaking because his grammar is poor. I can hardly wait tor the VP debate. Vance is going to beat him like a drum.
Vance doesn't know anything about anything. Walz has been working on the issues he will talk about for a long time. Vance is a corporate puppet. Have you seen him talk? Empty suit.

Walz.comes in with the advantage.

Forum List

Back