Kamala Harris is going after price gougers, looks like she needs to go after colleges and universities. The biggest price gougers of them all.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/16/business/harris-price-gouging-ban-inflation/index.html
On Friday, Vice President Kamala Harris said she has a solution: a federal ban on price gouging across education industry.

“My plan will include new penalties for opportunistic colleges and universities that exploit students and break the rules, who do not participate in affordable education,” Harris said at a campaign event.
Can you imagine the outrage of people like Barrack Hussain Obama and his buddies in the places like "Harvard" or "Columbia U", if Kamala decided to put limits on what those entities charge? Why is it that no one ever discusses this issue? Because it is the left, working with public education, to make sure those "students" get indoctrinated.

1724072750470.png

If colleges are price gouging, then it should be illegal.

All price gouging should be illegal!

The problem rises in my opinion, is determining the definition of what the parameters and terms of price gouging is....

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/16/business/harris-price-gouging-ban-inflation/index.html Can you imagine the outrage of people like Barrack Hussain Obama and his buddies in the places like "Harvard" or "Columbia U", if Kamala decided to put limits on what those entities charge? Why is it that no one ever discusses this issue? Because it is the left, working with public education, to make sure those "students" get indoctrinated.

View attachment 997953
She would never go after Little University

We need to go after Big Grocery instead!!

:auiqs.jpg:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/16/business/harris-price-gouging-ban-inflation/index.html Can you imagine the outrage of people like Barrack Hussain Obama and his buddies in the places like "Harvard" or "Columbia U", if Kamala decided to put limits on what those entities charge? Why is it that no one ever discusses this issue? Because it is the left, working with public education, to make sure those "students" get indoctrinated.

View attachment 997953
Hear! Hear!

For American students, there is no real "market" that can induce "sellers" to control their prices. It is almost impossible to assess a college or university on the basis of the dollar-value of its diplomas, given the significant variables (majors, QPA). Often the institutions are selling their atmosphere as much as the education, and 18-year-olds make decisions based on factors that are irrational (friends attending, or worse, girlfriend attending).

If allowed free rein, a good businessman could surely walk into any large university, cut administrative staff by 50%, increase class sizes to cut instructional staff, and sell off unneeded facilities, facilitating dramatic price decreases. Parents would love it, but students would hate it.

But given the "student loan crisis" it is clear that adults need to take a more pro-active role in deciding where their little munchkins go to college.

"Price-gouging" is a Marxist canard no matter in what context it is used.

You want a top-flight college sheepskin then you (or someone) is going to pay out the ass to get one.....It's as simple as that.....As long as there are .gov college loans available that is how it will be.

Otherwise go to your local community college or to a trade school.....Both of which would make for a better all around person anyway.

"price gouging" only occurs during civil unrest, natural disasters and similar catastrophes. It isn't occurring now with groceries and it can't happen with college tuitions.

There is plenty enough space for competitors to come in . If I don't care for the prices at Walmart, I can go to Aldi's or Family Dollar's and so can anyone else.

View attachment 997953
Big Pharma and big HC are much worse.

"price gouging" only occurs during civil unrest, natural disasters and similar catastrophes. It isn't occurring now with groceries and it can't happen with college tuitions.

There is plenty enough space for competitors to come in . If I don't care for the prices at Walmart, I can go to Aldi's or Family Dollar's and so can anyone else.
But how does KRAFT Food have a 400% increase in profit, overnight and maintain it after the pandemic? Elizabeth Warren was on a talk show last night going over stuff like this, that stands out...

But how does KRAFT Food have a 400% increase in profit, overnight and maintain it after the pandemic? Elizabeth Warren was on a talk show last night going over stuff like this, that stands out...

Reducing expenses, and increasing market share is the answer. The pandemic situation changed America's eating habits, and Kraft Heinz was in a good position for the changing landscape.

Reducing expenses, and increasing market share is the answer. The pandemic situation changed America's eating habits, and Kraft Heinz was in a good position for the changing landscape.
Melissa Heinz, wife of John Kerry, spews tonnes of CO2 into the air monthly, yet never is called out by her hubby to stop being a big polluter. John Kerry motto "Do as i say, not as I or my wife do".

I was in business, for a large corporation, and doing all of those things and other measures like downsizing employees, won't increase your profit more than 10-20%, NOT a 400% increase! Other factors, are at play...

Forum List

Back