Kansas event underlines the need for more guns

Around 1950, a little under 50% of households owned a gun. Now it is down to 30-some percent of households having a gun. So maybe less owners is helping. Let's keep that going in a BIG way.

I'm curious, how did they arrive at those figures which, for the sake of argument, we'll say are accurate.

Compared to 1950, if you owned say five guns, shotgun, rifle, and three handguns. Given today's hostile atmosphere, would you be more likely to answer a telephone survey truthfully in 1950 or today in 2020?
Given today's hostile atmosphere, would you be more likely to answer a telephone survey truthfully in 1950 or today in 2020?
Why on earth would I be hesitant to tell the truth in a telephone survey today? You're paranoid, yannow it?

no such thing as an illegal gun,,,

Actually, as you know, there are illegal guns. If you own a sawed-off shotgun, that's an illegal gun, serial numbers on any gun ground off or obliterated so as to be illegible, illegal gun. A machine gun manufactured after May 19, 1986, illegal. Any semi-automatic weapon converted to function as an automatic, illegal.

But I get your point! :D

as per the 2nd A those are all legal, but the politicians that labeled them illegal are traitors to the country,,,

Around 1950, a little under 50% of households owned a gun. Now it is down to 30-some percent of households having a gun. So maybe less owners is helping. Let's keep that going in a BIG way.
Actually crime has gone down as more own guns legally.
Crime has gone down for specific reasons, including that anti-crime bill passed during the Clinton years. There are also improved trauma techniques that save lives, reducing homicides to injuries. It is not because there are more GUNS lying around. That is totally stupid.

Sorry......you don't get to dodge the fact.....

You guys claim that more guns create more gun murder and more gun crime....that is what you claim, that is the reason you say we need to ban guns.....

The truth is.....as more Americans own more guns, and carry them.....gun crime went down...showing that normal people who own guns does not increase the gun crime rate....at all....

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns, but now carry them for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%...

With what you believe....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own but now carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%....

With what you believe,.....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns but carry them for self defense, our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

With what you believe, how do you explain that?

Nothing you believe about guns is supported by actual facts, the truth, or reality on the ground......how do you justify your believes beyond simply not liking guns?

------
Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.
guess what happened...
mass shootings skyrocketed.
How many mass shootings were in gun free zones? And don’t forget the last administration did change the definition of a mass shooting to 3 or more vs previously being 5 or more, then changed it back to 4 killed or more in 2015. Yet Nancy Pelosi and others Dems continue to define a mass shooting as 3 or more shot, not killed, to help push their agenda. This allows them to scream mass shootings are up tremendously under their terms, even though they actually are not. Most left wing media call anything with 3 or more injured as a mass shooting, as well as gang killings etc., which traditionally were never included in that term.
I'm talking about the big mass shootings, the ones we hear about on the news for days. Burn candles for and send thoughts and prayers and absolutely nothing helpful. I've been alive long enough to remember when these kind of shootings did not happen, and when they happened extremely rarely.

I'm curious, how did they arrive at those figures which, for the sake of argument, we'll say are accurate.

Compared to 1950, if you owned say five guns, shotgun, rifle, and three handguns. Given today's hostile atmosphere, would you be more likely to answer a telephone survey truthfully in 1950 or today in 2020?
Given today's hostile atmosphere, would you be more likely to answer a telephone survey truthfully in 1950 or today in 2020?
Why on earth would I be hesitant to tell the truth in a telephone survey today? You're paranoid, yannow it?

I never answer those surveys truthfully. It’s a game for them and a game for me and I am under no obligation to tell them my views.

I never answer those surveys truthfully. It’s a game for them and a game for me and I am under no obligation to tell them my views.
It would be a lot more helpful for everyone involved if you just hung up rather than lied.

Crime has gone down for specific reasons, including that anti-crime bill passed during the Clinton years. There are also improved trauma techniques that save lives, reducing homicides to injuries. It is not because there are more GUNS lying around. That is totally stupid.

You guys claim that more guns create more gun murder and more gun crime....that is what you claim, that is the reason you say we need to ban guns.....

The truth is.....as more Americans own more guns, and carry them.....gun crime went down...showing that normal people who own guns does not increase the gun crime rate....at all....

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns, but now carry them for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%...

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own but now carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%....

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns but carry them for self defense, our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

Nothing you believe about guns is supported by actual facts, the truth, or reality on the ground......how do you justify your believes beyond simply not liking guns?

------
Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.
guess what happened...
How many mass shootings were in gun free zones? And don’t forget the last administration did change the definition of a mass shooting to 3 or more vs previously being 5 or more, then changed it back to 4 killed or more in 2015. Yet Nancy Pelosi and others Dems continue to define a mass shooting as 3 or more shot, not killed, to help push their agenda. This allows them to scream mass shootings are up tremendously under their terms, even though they actually are not. Most left wing media call anything with 3 or more injured as a mass shooting, as well as gang killings etc., which traditionally were never included in that term.
I'm talking about the big mass shootings, the ones we hear about on the news for days. Burn candles for and send thoughts and prayers and absolutely nothing helpful. I've been alive long enough to remember when these kind of shootings did not happen, and when they happened extremely rarely.
Two things. First, we didn’t have cable news 24/7 or the internet like we do now. Secondly, and what I consider the most important factor-
upload_2020-1-21_9-58-36.gif

No proper treatment of the mentally ill and noone wants to talk about it-
The true magnitude of deinstitutionalization, then, is the difference between 885,010 and 71,619. In effect, approximately 92 percent of the people who would have been living in public psychiatric hospitals in 1955 were not living there in 1994. Even allowing for the approximately 40,000 patients who occupied psychiatric beds in general hospitals or the approximately 10,000 patients who occupied psychiatric beds in community mental health centers (CMHCs) on any given day in 1994, that still means that approximately 763,391 severely mentally ill people (over three-quarters of a million) are living in the community today who would have been hospitalized 40 years ago. That number is more than the population of Baltimore or San Francisco.
Deinstitutionalization - Special Reports | The New Asylums | FRONTLINE | PBS
Our population has also more than doubled since 1950.

Last edited:
Two dead and 15 injured after shooter opens fire outside Kansas bar | Metro News
At least two people have died after a gunman opened fire while punters were queuing up outside a bar in Kansas City, Missouri. At least a further 15 have been injured following the incident and three are understood to be in a critical condition, said police. The attack took place at around 11.30pm on Sunday outside 9ine Ultra Lounge, near East US Highway 40. A police spokesman said responding officers found ‘a chaotic scene’ and had to call in back-up from across the city. When they arrived at the scene, two people were found dead, including a woman in the bar car park.
So absolutely no need for any gun control whatsoever.
The shooter was stopped by an armed private citizen - a good guy with a gun.

When you develop the capacity to have a meaningful discussion on the issue,. let us know.

Two dead and 15 injured after shooter opens fire outside Kansas bar | Metro News

At least two people have died after a gunman opened fire while punters were queuing up outside a bar in Kansas City, Missouri. At least a further 15 have been injured following the incident and three are understood to be in a critical condition, said police. The attack took place at around 11.30pm on Sunday outside 9ine Ultra Lounge, near East US Highway 40. A police spokesman said responding officers found ‘a chaotic scene’ and had to call in back-up from across the city. When they arrived at the scene, two people were found dead, including a woman in the bar car park.

We have the right to murder people here.
Thank you for adding nothing to the conversation - as per the norm .

Because of our Holy Right to own a gun, as many as we want, as big and fast as we want, we do not accept any personal responsibility for the damage that our overabundance of easily procurred weapons has done in this country.
How am I personally responsible for the gun-related crime in the US?
We have young people shooting each other in the streets, and husbands shooting wives, and people who have gone off the deep end firing away at total strangers at bars, concerts, etc.
Most of this is inner city black-on-black crime. \
How is this a gun control issue?
And every single person who opposes responsible regulation on those guns due to the Holy Second Amendment is enabling mindless needless murders.
You cannot demonstrate the necessity for on the efficacy of, the restrictions you seek - thus, there's no validity to your claim that said restrictions are "responsible".
10,000 HOMICIDES a year.
Against 423,000,000 guns.
This means 99.9976% of guns are not used to commit murder.
What's your point?
Well, fuck that.
Your irrational, bigoted opinion does not override reason, logic or the US Constitution.

Don't be silly. According to the SCOTUS, reasonable restrictions can be placed on the Second Amendment.
This does not, however mean that any and all restrictions are "reasonable".
If the parties seeking a restriction cannot demonstrate its necessity and efficacy, there's no sound argument for it being "reasonable".

And, to be clear:
The USSC said that a ban on a class of firearms used for one or more of the traditionally lawful purposes of same "under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights...would fail constitutional muster."

It would be a lot more helpful for everyone involved if you just hung up rather than lied.

Well they guy on the other end needs to get his time in and get paid. It helps his numbers and his marks, s its a win win.

After Sandy Hook the local newspaper decided it was a good idea to publish the names of gun owners........

That is why you don't answer questions from strangers over the phone.....

------

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Actual Result:

guess what happened...

We had 11 in 2019....93 killed........

Ladders kill over 300 every year.

Bicycles killed 345 in 2017.

Cars killed over 38,000 every year.

There are close to 600 million guns in private hands....11 were used to commit mass public shootings......and you want them banned.

According to your logic, knives are used to murder over 1,500 people every single year, compared to 93 in mass public shootings.....so we must ban knives..they kill more people.

There are over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands....about 4 were used in mass public shootings...again, using your logic, knives, ladders and bicycles must be banned.

Another shooting in England, this one last night:

upload_2020-1-21_16-46-47.png

upload_2020-1-21_16-47-9.png

Police appeal for information after teenager shot in Merseyside

And ANOTHER stabbing to death on Sunday:

upload_2020-1-21_16-47-59.png

Two people arrested after man stabbed to death in Accrington

View attachment 301743
View attachment 301744

View attachment 301745

Their gun murder rate is going to go up....the British police have stated the press that they can't stop the increasing flow of illegal guns into the country.....so their immigrant gangs will gradually start shooting each other more and more, especially as the Government has to cut back on the police to pay for their welfare state.

View attachment 301743
View attachment 301744

View attachment 301745

Their gun murder rate is going to go up....the British police have stated the press that they can't stop the increasing flow of illegal guns into the country.....so their immigrant gangs will gradually start shooting each other more and more, especially as the Government has to cut back on the police to pay for their welfare state.

Well the British illustrate WHY even if the majority of guns are banned you are STILL going to get criminals with guns shooting peoples and so this SHOULD be Exhibit A for why banning guns does absolutely ZERO to stop peoples getting shot at random and/or deliberately targeted by a crazy with a gun.

As I comment last night the Leftists have an ulterior motive in their fanatical obsession with disarming ENTIRE populations and it has ZERO to do with stopping criminals and/or crazy peoples from going on the shooting rampage.

Freedom comes with its price. You might know that if you were actually ever free. Now what we need is freedom from the progressive policies that are driving people to do violence. Tell us, oh, Kabookie, after you take all our guns away and everyone switches over to using something else to kill, what then? Another draconian take away of our freedoms? I could kill you with a pencil! Hell, probably my bare hands.

The SAD TRUTH is that had one of the dead had a gun to defend themselves, there probably would have been a lot less killing. Serial killings ALWAYS happen in a place where everyone is disarmed. Don't believe me? Show me the last time a serial killer ever attacked a police station! :21:
Our freedoms mean that we dont really have these events. The fact you have them every week makes you a bigger expert than myself. Your "freedoms" make me jealous............said nobody ever.
So what the fuck do you care about what goes on in the US

Believe me nobody here gives a fuck about the UK

Freedom comes with its price. You might know that if you were actually ever free. Now what we need is freedom from the progressive policies that are driving people to do violence. Tell us, oh, Kabookie, after you take all our guns away and everyone switches over to using something else to kill, what then? Another draconian take away of our freedoms? I could kill you with a pencil! Hell, probably my bare hands.

The SAD TRUTH is that had one of the dead had a gun to defend themselves, there probably would have been a lot less killing. Serial killings ALWAYS happen in a place where everyone is disarmed. Don't believe me? Show me the last time a serial killer ever attacked a police station! :21:
How about the freedom to go have a beer without being in mortal.danger?

Then stop electing democrats who put in democrat party judges and prosecutors who keep letting violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail and prison...

How about we start there, you doofus.
How about we just round up anyone with a gun and imprison them?

How stalinist of you. Then we can get rid of anybody who reads books not approved by the government.

Then we can get rid of anyone who isn't useful to the government.

Thinking people see where this leads. Leaves you out.

This is the Liberal aka Leftist version of The Second Amendment, this is their ultimate wet dream:

liberal-second-amendment.jpg

Only morons participate in telephone surveys.

Forum List

Back