Karen Cooper - Battle Flag

If she actually believes that slavery was a choice, she needs to repeat her history classes.
Slavery IS a choice. You need to study English grammar with special attention to tense.

There might be choices for the owner. But for the slaves that were captured in Africa, sold to slavers, shipped to the US and sold on the market, there was no choice. For those born in slavery, there is no choice.

If she actually believes that slavery was a choice, she needs to repeat her history classes.
Slavery IS a choice. You need to study English grammar with special attention to tense.

There might be choices for the owner. But for the slaves that were captured in Africa, sold to slavers, shipped to the US and sold on the market, there was no choice. For those born in slavery, there is no choice.
Still struggling with tenses, huh?

Not at all. But apparently you have difficulty with the tense of my original post in this thread.

Not at all. But apparently you have difficulty with the tense of my original post in this thread.
Which was at variance with what Karen Cooper was saying. Slavery today is a choice, especially slavish devotion to the Democrat plantation.

Which was at variance with what Karen Cooper was saying. Slavery today is a choice, especially slavish devotion to the Democrat plantation.

And using the word "slavery" is a misnomer in that context. Especially in the discussion of the confederate battle flag, which was flown by a nation created to defend slavery.

And using the word "slavery" is a misnomer in that context. Especially in the discussion of the confederate battle flag, which was flown by a nation created to defend slavery.
Actually both flags defended slavery. Your grasp of history leaves much to be desired.

The kind of slavery Karen Cooper is referring to is your kind, the by volition slavery to forever be a victim championed by a politician strongly motivated to keep you that way.

Actually both flags defended slavery. Your grasp of history leaves much to be desired.

The kind of slavery Karen Cooper is referring to is your kind, the by volition slavery to forever be a victim championed by a politician strongly motivated to keep you that way.

And one flag allowed each state to determine, for themselves, whether slavery was allowed. That nation was also moving towards the end of slavery altogether. The confederacy did neither.

As for the "...referring to your kind" nonsense, I do not blindly follow any politician or political group. So your statement is nonsense.

And one flag allowed each state to determine, for themselves, whether slavery was allowed. That nation was also moving towards the end of slavery altogether. The confederacy did neither.

As for the "...referring to your kind" nonsense, I do not blindly follow any politician or political group. So your statement is nonsense.
My statement is accurate and I stand by it. The war was fought to preserve slavery, not end it. Herr Lincoln Über Alles was fighting to preserve the status quo that enriched Northern States. The EP was a desperate maneuver to gain support from abolitionists when his illegal war waned in popularity. Had the war been won quickly and the Southern states subdued with little effort, slavery would have been left intact. That was the original intent.

Forum List

Back