Keep your Doctor outta my gun cabinet

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
My local news spent a good fifteen minutes with a local doctor whining that he won't be able to have these discussions with his patients.
He claims to 'just' want to discuss gun safety.
Fine.
You can do that without asking how many or types of guns your daddy has

Federal court says state can enforce docs vs. glocks law - Washington Times

Florida can start enforcing a contentious law that restricts what doctors can say to patients about guns.

The measure was first adopted by the Florida Legislature four years ago, but had been caught in a lengthy court battle in which a federal judge in Miami had blocked the law from taking effect.

But the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta on Tuesday issued a new ruling that lifts the injunction that had blocked enforcement of the law.

The measure, signed into law in 2011 by Gov. Rick Scott, prohibited doctors from asking patients about their gun ownership or recording that information in medical records unless it was medically necessary

I've had the question about guns on several medical forms when I went to a new Dr. I never answer them. Only once has a Dr asked me about it, and when I asked why it was relevant to my healthcare, he had no answer.

It is more government data harvesting on each and every of us.
How is it that we've had hundreds of years worth of medical attention, and until now doctors abilities were not hampered by gun ownership or the lack of it, to the point where they were confident enough in their capabilities to not even consider the question relevant?

First, the veteran's doctors are helping Obama take away gun rights of our vets.
Next, the liberal courts are helping Obama take guns away from senior citizens.
Now, a tally on those who don't fit in either of the above categories. There will be found SOMETHING in their medical history that will be seen as a reason to confiscate the patient's guns. They'll "discover" that owning a gun has a bearing on one's blood pressure, or increases the risk of diabetes, or some other garbage.

^ That process is a well known Muslim creed. Death by a thousand cuts.

Last edited:
I've had the question about guns on several medical forms when I went to a new Dr. I never answer them. Only once has a Dr asked me about it, and when I asked why it was relevant to my healthcare, he had no answer.

There is no answer because it isn't relevant. But relevant isn't the objective.
And not answering won't end the process. The doctors will note on your chart, "patient refused to answer and became agitated and argumentative when asked the question."
Diagnosis: "Too anti-social to own firearms. Further investigation recomended."

It is more government data harvesting on each of us.
How is it that we've had hundreds of years worth of medical attention, and until now doctors abilities were not hampered by gun ownership or the lack of it, to the point where they were confident enough in their capabilities to not even consider the question relevant?

First, the veteran's doctors are helping Obama take away gun rights of our vets.
Now, a tally on those who don't fit in either of the above categories. There will be found SOMETHING in their medical history that will be seen as a reason to confiscate the patient's guns. They'll "discover" that owning a gun has a bearing on one's blood pressure, or increases the risk of diabetes, or some other garbage.

That's Chinese, not "Muslim" and nothing to do with religion.
And it wasn't a "creed"; it was a barbaric execution method.

>> Lingchi (simplified Chinese: 凌迟; traditional Chinese: 凌遲; pinyin: língchí; Wade–Giles: ling-ch'ih, alternately transliterated ling chi or leng t'che), translated variously as death by a thousand cuts (simplified Chinese: 杀千刀; traditional Chinese: 殺千刀) or “千刀万剐”, the slow process, the lingering death, or slow slicing, was a form of torture and execution used in China from roughly AD 900 until it was banned in 1905. In this form of execution, a knife was used to methodically remove portions of the body over an extended period of time, eventually resulting in death. The term "língchí" is derived from a classical description of ascending a mountain slowly. Lingchi was reserved for crimes viewed as especially severe, such as treason, or killing one's parents. << (Wiki)​

What I would have said:
I have water guns, grease guns, spray guns, air guns... any of those things are hazardous in the hands of someone with nefarious intentions.

So no Doc, I ain't even got nail clippers, but I am looking for a real professional doctor do you know any?

Libtardism can't be passed through legitimate legislation without republicrats allowing it, and until the judiciary is reigned in common sense ruling will evade us.

It is more government data harvesting on each and every of us.

That was my main objection when this shit was first proposed....
That it would be information in my medical file that the government, thanks in no small part of the ACA would have access to.

In Florida that's a pretty big deal because we don't have to register weapons here

Pogo, it didn't have to originate with them for them to implement the ideology.
It doesn't mean to keep nicking away at a person till they die, it is the ridding of one enemy then the next, then the next. Another way that shows the intent of a thousand cuts for Muslims:
First comes Saturday, then comes Sunday. Saturday being the Jewish day of worship, and then Sunday... the Christian's.

It doesn't mean to keep nicking away at a person till they die, it is the ridding of one enemy then the next, then the next. Another way that shows the intent of a thousand cuts for Muslims:
First comes Saturday, then comes Sunday. Saturday being the Jewish day of worship, and then Sunday... the Christian's.

I'm afraid it does mean just that.
I just proved to you that it's a Chinese execution method that goes back over a thousand years as such. And it has nothing to do with any religion -- in China or anywhere else.

Historical fact is not negotiable. See my sigline. ↓

Last edited:

I always tell them about the howitzer I have on the front lawn.

I just proved to you that it's a Chinese execution method that goes back over a thousand years as such. And it has nothing to do with any religion -- in China or anywhere else.

So according to YOU one can not ascribe to anyone else a method first used by X? I will remember that the next time you do so.

So according to YOU one can not ascribe to anyone else a method first used by X? I will remember that the next time you do so.

You do that. You'll need to live to be a thousand, at least.

Nobody's entitled to make up their own history.

You do that. You'll need to live to be a thousand, at least.

Nobody's entitled to make up their own history.

No one is making up history.
Taking scalps is a practice that originated with the Europeans.
Even though the Native Americans practiced it, they didn't invent it. It's origin was of little concern to Custer.

The Muslims don't use the thousand cut ideology for execution. Beheading is relatively quick.
They use it from a philosophical strategy, to identify their enemies by rank. First comes Saturday, (one cut) then comes Sunday, (second cut).

Obama is using it to control gun ownership:
Vets=cut 1
Seniors=cut 2
The "non" healthy=cut 3
until the right to bear arms is dead.

Last edited:
Doctors have no right to ask you about your guns, just as you have a right not to answer or lie to him.

Forum List

Back