Zone1 Keeping the Main Thing the Main Thing

There is nothing we can do on our own to "earn" salvation. It is a free gift of grace. Without Christ we are utterly condemned.
True. There is nothing we can do on our own which will gain us immortality or eternal life. We could have all the faith in the world that we will be saved and do many billion good works and without Jesus Christ we would not be saved.

But does this mean that faith and good works should be cast out the window? NO! Even though our own faith and good works are not the saving force behind salvation, God does require that we do good works and have faith.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This does not mean that doing the will of our Father in heaven gains or buys us salvation but that it is a requirement of God before Jesus will grant us salvation into the kingdom of heaven. Jesus is the salvation. Faith and works are a requirement by Jesus before he grants his salvation upon us.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This verse clearly teaches that it is the grace of God by which we are saved. It is not by our works that we are saved. Nor is it by faith that we are saved even though it is through faith that we can come to that saving grace. And a true faith is dead without good works. So yes! It is only by the grace of God that we are saved! But, God requires us to do good works and has ordained that we should walk in them. Our works and faith don't do the saving but are required before the saving grace of Jesus Christ may be granted. The verse above actually delineates between what is required of us and what actually does the saving of our souls. God desires us to be good beings and to do good to one another. Those actions don't save us but they are necessary for us to qualify to receive the grace that will give us entrance into his kingdom.

True. There is nothing we can do on our own which will gain us immortality or eternal life. We could have all the faith in the world that we will be saved and do many billion good works and without Jesus Christ we would not be saved.

they cater to the fallacy of servitude and denial ... falsely written in their desert bibles.

than the events of the 1st century those people gave their lives for and what jesus taught, liberation theology, self determination being the way to free ones spirit to be judged accordingly and granted admission to the everlasting.

But does this mean that faith and good works should be cast out the window? NO! Even though our own faith and good works are not the saving force behind salvation, God does require that we do good works and have faith.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This does not mean that doing the will of our Father in heaven gains or buys us salvation but that it is a requirement of God before Jesus will grant us salvation into the kingdom of heaven. Jesus is the salvation. Faith and works are a requirement by Jesus before he grants his salvation upon us.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This verse clearly teaches that it is the grace of God by which we are saved. It is not by our works that we are saved. Nor is it by faith that we are saved even though it is through faith that we can come to that saving grace. And a true faith is dead without good works. So yes! It is only by the grace of God that we are saved! But, God requires us to do good works and has ordained that we should walk in them. Our works and faith don't do the saving but are required before the saving grace of Jesus Christ may be granted. The verse above actually delineates between what is required of us and what actually does the saving of our souls. God desires us to be good beings and to do good to one another. Those actions don't save us but they are necessary for us to qualify to receive the grace that will give us entrance into his kingdom.
liar.

re-read the highlighted part- thats works salvation.

Where is the lie in this verse?

context is key- this isnt talking about saved people.
The verse is clearly talking about those who are allowed entrance into the kingdom of heaven (or saved into the kingdom of heaven). It is clearly telling us that not everyone will gain entrance into the kingdom of heaven but only those who DO the will of our Father in Heaven.

The context of the verse begin with verse 21 and goes through 23 which constitutes a single thought.

21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not aprophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In this passage, we learn that many will claim to have followed the Lord and even claim it before Him. However, the things they were actually doing were considered iniquity and the Lord claims that they never knew Him and will not allow them into the kingdom of heaven but have them depart from Him. That is the context of the verses. Nothing counters the idea in verse 21 where Jesus tells us that they who DO the will of the Father will be those who shall enter the kingdom of heaven. Yet doing the will of the Father is not the saving force but only a requirement before the Lord himself will save us through his grace into the kingdom of heaven.

Here is another verse that establishes this doctrine:

Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Faith alone will save you--witness the thief on the cross, who professed faith and Jesus said "Today you will be with Me in paradise".

But genuine faith will show in good works, and believers in Heaven will be rewarded according to that work.
that is illogical to say, as if the thief made the mental reservation "IF I were to live I would not do what this JEsus tells me I should do"
You are silly, that is all I can say
So baptized babies go to Hell ?????

Forum List

Back