Kentucky Governor Says Louisville Can Pray Away Its Crime

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Kentucky Governor’s Crime Plan: Volunteer ‘Prayer Patrols’ Roaming The Streets

“Prayer WILL change things,” Matt Bevin vows.

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) unveiled his plan to fight crime in the city of Louisville on Thursday: Volunteer patrols that will not report or stop criminal activity, but pray it away.

Bevin suggested at a community meeting that volunteer groups of between three and 10 people would adopt specific blocks and walk around them while praying, according to WHAS, the Louisville ABC station.

You know, you walk to a corner, pray for the people, talk to people along the way,” Bevin said, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. “No songs, no singing, no bullhorn, no T-shirts, no chanting. Be pleasant, talk to the people, that’s it.”

Bevin said participants would make year-long commitments, and even suggested specific zip codes for the roving bands of prayer police to patrol.

Prayer WILL change things,” Bevin wrote on Twitter.

Prayer is powerful, and a people united in prayer will make a difference in their communities,” he wrote in another tweet.

Rev. Clay Calloway of the West Louisville Ministers Coalition was so disgusted by the governor’s comments that he walked out of the meeting.

“The only thing I wish was present was a barf bag in front of my seat so I could throw up,” Calloway told local Fox affiliate WDRB. “Otherwise, I might have stayed a little bit longer.”

More: Kentucky Governor's Crime Plan: Volunteer 'Prayer Patrols' Roaming The Streets

Where do people like this come from? What kind of people would elect such a governor? Kentucky?

I suspect Governor Bevin is a big Trump supporter. Let us all pray for Trump to soon be removed from office!

But it has worked so well in the past..

You noticed that, too.

If prayer were 100 percent effective no one would be sick or dying, there would be peace and love throughout the world and I would have a ten inch penis.

I am convinced that sincere prayer can change many things, but not all things.

You noticed that, too.

If prayer were 100 percent effective no one would be sick or dying, there would be peace and love throughout the world and I would have a ten inch penis.

God says to leave him out of it though.

Last edited:

You noticed that, too.

Protestant fundamentalists would agree with you that prayer can change many things. They would go even further than that, I am sure.

You noticed that, too.

Protestant fundamentalists would agree with you that prayer can change many things. They would go even further than that, I am sure.

There is no doubt that belief changes things. Doubt discourages effort, but belief leads to action and action changes things. In the overall scheme of things, the object of one's belief is irrelevant. Sometimes, belief in and of itself changes things.

I recall a story from a long time ago where one man claimed to cure people of various infirmities by having them touch a solid gold ball. He was proven to be a charlatan, not because the cures were phony – they were proven to be authentic – but because the ball was merely gold plated. The human mind is a mysterious and wonderful thing.

You noticed that, too.

As a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.....

When that didn't work, I stole one, and prayed for forgiveness....

You noticed that, too.

As a kid, I prayed for a bicycle.....

When that didn't work, I stole one, and prayed for forgiveness....
you can always buy absolution for insurance.

“Prayer WILL change things,” Matt Bevin vows.

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) unveiled his plan to fight crime in the city of Louisville on Thursday: Volunteer patrols that will not report or stop criminal activity, but pray it away.

Bevin suggested at a community meeting that volunteer groups of between three and 10 people would adopt specific blocks and walk around them while praying, according to WHAS, the Louisville ABC station.

You know, you walk to a corner, pray for the people, talk to people along the way,” Bevin said, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. “No songs, no singing, no bullhorn, no T-shirts, no chanting. Be pleasant, talk to the people, that’s it.”

Bevin said participants would make year-long commitments, and even suggested specific zip codes for the roving bands of prayer police to patrol.

Prayer WILL change things,” Bevin wrote on Twitter.

Prayer is powerful, and a people united in prayer will make a difference in their communities,” he wrote in another tweet.

Rev. Clay Calloway of the West Louisville Ministers Coalition was so disgusted by the governor’s comments that he walked out of the meeting.

“The only thing I wish was present was a barf bag in front of my seat so I could throw up,” Calloway told local Fox affiliate WDRB. “Otherwise, I might have stayed a little bit longer.”

More: Kentucky Governor's Crime Plan: Volunteer 'Prayer Patrols' Roaming The Streets

Where do people like this come from? What kind of people would elect such a governor? Kentucky?

Well it's a step better than 'good guy with a gun' and the stand your ground horseshit. But it once again is religious people who get into government and immediately look for ways to force their religion on the population. Why can't these people pray at home? Do prayers have a limited range?

Forum List

Back